Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sure so we can have online cheating.

The exploit by itself doesn't do diddly. Someone would have to purposely setup code to break down the memory protection (which would take some knowledge) and know how to reverse engineer code to be able to find what you need to patch. This isn't the Wii, guys :P the amount of code is stepped up and so is the amount of security. You'd need to be much more knowledgeable to be able to do the same thing. They just HAPPEN to be experts.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if you released a way to allowed you to fake sign everything it still wouldn't put you in any legal trouble..

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found, while the mirroring of Nintendo of America, this (download: http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gd3172c6fd8198342999550931dd75bb8c07dc17ad) secret page for developers that can not be accessed normally with the browser (link: www.nintendo.com/wiiu/built-in-software/browser-specs/extended-functionality/index.html), contains information on devkit and input codes, also explains why the 4.0.0 firmware Wii u has the nx disabled in the Internet browser

your first link gets blocked by NOD
"Access to the web page was blocked.Show URL
The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content."

and your second link does not exist

Whoops

The info you’re looking forcan’t be found. You might want to try searching again or explore one of the links below:"

and this is your first post, so sorry, but I believe you are a troll or even worse, someone who wants to harm people with malicious software

Edit: I reported your post to the mods

Edit2: the report might have been a little bit too rushed, seems like he just doesnt know how to properly post a working link ... and chose a file hoster with a bad reputation in antivirus software blacklists

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Take a look:
qq33a9.png

2dl935f.png

Attachments

• wiiu.rar
    6.8 KB · Views: 95

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, but i'm not a troll, do not judge users without first knowing them! Probably the mirroring software changed some directories.

maybe change the file hoster to something, that does not get blocked by antivirus software
I don`t even get why you uploaded the file anyway... everyone can just click on the link to the nintendo page and then download the page from its original source.... or just bookmark the page, you don`t really need to have this file on your hdd, this is no secret conspiracy page, that nintendo will take down, once it realizes, that people have discovered it

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
lol why does everyone dis on piracy .. piracy is amazing
Why we do? Lets say you draw a painting that you sell for 10$ then one person buys it an put it up on the web for free download and 1000 of people download it, how much revenue have you lost? See? No? Lets take another example: lets say that Ferrari introduce a new car, one person buys it and has the ability to copy it for free and then you go to him and pick one up. Do you realize that Ferrari has a lower revenue because of that? So stop with piracy its what killing companies...

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and going as far as not releasing exploits to PROVE to the community that they don't pirate games. Simply releasing an exploit can not incriminate you for anything not even releasing a backup loader can incriminate you since, you know, its INTENT is to play LEGAL backups.

Our stance is for moral reasons, not legal ones. As for intent, we know how most people will use backup loaders (hint: the answer is piracy).

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why we do? Lets say you draw a painting that you sell for 10$ then one person buys it an put it up on the web for free download and 1000 of people download it, how much revenue have you lost? See? No? Lets take another example: lets say that Ferrari introduce a new car, one person buys it and has the ability to copy it for free and then you go to him and pick one up. Do you realize that Ferrari has a lower revenue because of that? So stop with piracy its what killing companies...

Way to buy the corporate PR spin.

You can't count a download as lost revenue when you have no idea how many of those people would have actually bought that $10 painting. You also don't account for those that downloaded the image, decided they really liked it and then and went and bought the original. You also don't account for the people that would have never known that painting existed in the first place that went out and bought it all because someone copied it and posted it online. There are studies (more recent studies) from Havard Business that prove that piracy actually generates revenue. Companies and people like you need to stop counting phantom dollars that likely never would have resulted in any revenue at all. There is a reason it's called "potential" versus "guaranteed."

People really need to educate themselves. Some of the smartest people I know have swallowed this corporate load of BS without really even thinking about it. Piracy is a myth that was created by the entertainment/gaming industry to try and explain away their poor performance and lack of fiscal responsibility. That is all.

Don't even get me started about the 'Devs' that use this piracy excuse not to release all the while playing backups on their own devices.....not saying that's anyone here but I know for a fact that it happens and has happened often. The real reason for not wanting to release is they don't want it patched and then lose the ability to play their own backups.

Then you have the companies themselves with all these "anti-piracy" measures that are actually losing them customers and money. Every console I have is hacked. My spending habits have not changed one bit over the years. I still go to the theatre the same amount of times in a year, still buy the same amount of games, still spend the same amount of money. The difference now is that I buy my games and movies used because I simply refuse to give my money directly to a company/organization that assume that their entire customer base are criminals. They actually lose revenue because of their stance, not because I pirate but because I'll buy my hardware/software through other means rather than hand my money over to them directly.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
So you think its okay yourself? Its still stealing. If you could create a clone of your worst enemy and killed it, it would still be murder...
Now, its clear that the only ones who agree with you are the people who themselves pirate software and movies, so I'm not even going to go on.
One last thing, it does not matter what we developers/users think about the Wii U hacking scene, its up to those who actually spend countless of hours to get something working.

On a whole other point I still have no idea what would be a good practice to create something out of a WebKit bug, so if anyone know anything that could help me get a bit(see what I did there? :P) closer to being a hacker & Developer instead of just a developer I would appreciate that, Thanks :)

Reactions: Marionumber1

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, all I see in this forum are people discussing about piracy, piracy this, piracy that... Just WTF...

We can do other things than that with a kernel exploit, even useful things, such as setting the video mode to PAL/NTSC/NTSC-M like you can do on the Wii to get some capture cards to work or to record in color again, creating custom forwarder channels and NAND backup/restore and NAND emulation like you did on the Wii. Homebrew will also be easier with it, spoof firmware so you can still play online, etc.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's already been said that piracy isn't possible with a kernel exploit alone, you need an IOSU exploit on top of that. The thing keeping Chadderz and MrBean from releasing their exploit as-is is the probability of enabling cheaters online, more specifically in MK8, the game they wanted to mod and the main motivation to their efforts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo