Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

loco365

Trophies
XP

Thing about GBAtemp is, you need solid, tangible proof, or else you'll be mocked here. Sure, those photos may be legitimate, but unless you provide some kind of physical proof that you can do as such you're claiming, you'll simply be dismissed as someone that's "hacking" the Wii U (But not).

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how you guys are getting trolled by hex dumps of MSDN articles and somehow it isn't blindingly obvious to anyone yet.

I was trying to figure out where the hell it was from, but google wasn't bringing up anything. DAMMIT GOOGLE YOU HAD ONE JOB.
EDIT: or it was and I just can't read any of the results because I'm really tired.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fW5xZP

Woah guys, check out this incredibly sick Wii U hax .cfg i found. It says it can't be used in DOS mode because the Wii U can't run DOS. The red parts are automatically highlighted for how haxxy they are. I can't believe I did it.

but seriously. /bullshit.

rumblpak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing about GBAtemp is, you need solid, tangible proof, or else you'll be mocked here. Sure, those photos may be legitimate, but unless you provide some kind of physical proof that you can do as such you're claiming, you'll simply be dismissed as someone that's "hacking" the Wii U (But not).

It's not that people want serious proof. It's that we want literally anything to prove you're not a spammer. So far you've posted a bunch of hex which literally could have been created by a 3 year old with a script. The entirety of your last post was ascii + non-character in repetition. I can write a script to output that in literally less than the time you can convince even one person here that you are telling the truth. So you know what? Post something. Anything that can convince someone that you are being honest, otherwise, I hope you get banned from this section just so that we can have a productive conversation without interruption.

Also, Team Fail, this wasn't against you. Its against people in general that post bullshit (but currently, and mostly, against fatal). I just replied, while intoxicated, and was angry. So sorry for that.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that people want serious proof. It's that we want literally anything to prove you're not a spammer. So far you've posted a bunch of hex which literally could have been created by a 3 year old with a script. The entirety of your last post was ascii + non-character in repetition. I can write a script to output that in literally less than the time you can convince even one person here that you are telling the truth. So you know what? Post something. Anything that can convince someone that you are being honest, otherwise, I hope you get banned from this section just so that we can have a productive conversation without interruption.

I assume your comment was directed at FaTaL_ErRoR (sounds like a myspace name) and not Team Fail. But yup, pretty much this.

(also sorry if the joke post before was a bit spammy, I'll try and stay more on topic now.)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, until you actually do so, I suggest for your best interest to not post in this thread anymore for all the hate you're gonna get :P I'm surprised you haven't already TBH. All talk and no walk. Get on with the show if you're gonna drag it out this long, but otherwise, you can forget about trying to impress us. I'm gonna keep a dose of healthy skepticism until it happens.

Nobody's been stupid enough to reply with no progress/fake progress, so of course nobody's said anything :P
But I digress. I don't think we're going to be using this topic much for a while (considering we're getting into the bulk of the work finding and developing a higher level exploit), so unless someone pulls a Bean or an Overflow, I don't think we're gonna be getting much of anywhere anytime soon.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seem to be others looking into kernel exploits besides our little group. Good luck to those guys too! Hopefully they try and avoid piracy and cheating if they do figure out and release anything.

tbh i hope they don't avoid piracy but I'm 100% with u on NO CHEATING

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my honest opinion, not speaking for anybody else, I think we should focus on getting an IOSU exploit so we can get keys to decrypt/dump games and find a more permanent exploit like what smea has done. I don't care if whoever shares the keys, but we really should be focusing on finding a better one for the future, because with all this drama about WebKit being so easily fixable because Nintendo can patch it easily with software, with a game that has a disc version, at least that exploit is on the disc and we can spoof the version to stop it from being patched with an "update", and then we can also decrypt USB drives and find a file-based exploit too. It's a win-win IMO. I realize that once that happens then the option of preventing piracy is out the window, but I honestly don't see that as much of an issue, seeing as it'll happen eventually anyways once the ODE people come out of the shadows.

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my honest opinion, not speaking for anybody else, I think we should focus on getting an IOSU exploit so we can get keys to decrypt/dump games and find a more permanent exploit like what smea has done. I don't care if whoever shares the keys, but we really should be focusing on finding a better one for the future, because with all this drama about WebKit being so easily fixable because Nintendo can patch it easily with software, with a game that has a disc version, at least that exploit is on the disc and we can spoof the version to stop it from being patched with an "update", and then we can also decrypt USB drives and find a file-based exploit too. It's a win-win IMO. I realize that once that happens then the option of preventing piracy is out the window, but I honestly don't see that as much of an issue, seeing as it'll happen eventually anyways once the ODE people come out of the shadows.

i agree with you, your right nintendo seems to be very quick on patching the webkit exploits now and I'm excited for wiikeyu lol why can't it be out already :P

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you may have already read, heck some of you may already know all that is written in it.
But for some of the novices and others just looking into the task at hand, check out Hacker's delight vol.1 and 2.
If you must you can be a peg leg and find them online. You know how to google.
Very great read.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
and find a more permanent exploit like what smea has done.
Not to dispute the main point of your post, but I don't believe anyone has found a persistent 3DS exploit. Both Smea's (hopefully) upcoming ssspwn and the 4.X kernel exploit need to be reactivated with each boot.
I don't deny that an IOSU exploit would be helpful for all the reasons you listed, but if you or anyone else DO enable softmod piracy through that, are you not afraid of legal blowback from Nintendo? Plus version spoofing only goes so far, if new firmwares add features that newer games need then an actual update is needed. Something like Gateways emuNAND, booting into an exploitable firmware then loading a modified updated firmware from an external source might solve that.

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to dispute the main point of your post, but I don't believe anyone has found a persistent 3DS exploit. Both Smea's (hopefully) upcoming ssspwn and the 4.X kernel exploit need to be reactivated with each boot.
I don't deny that an IOSU exploit would be helpful for all the reasons you listed, but if you or anyone else DO enable softmod piracy through that, are you not afraid of legal blowback from Nintendo? Plus version spoofing only goes so far, if new firmwares add features that newer games need then an actual update is needed. Something like Gateways emuNAND, booting into an exploitable firmware then loading a modified updated firmware from an external source might solve that.

lol why does everyone dis on piracy .. piracy is amazing

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People do realize that geohot didn't actually get into any trouble right? I mean that is why all hackers have an UBER anti piracy stance nowadays right? and going as far as not releasing exploits to PROVE to the community that they don't pirate games. Simply releasing an exploit can not incriminate you for anything not even releasing a backup loader can incriminate you since, you know, its INTENT is to play LEGAL backups.

A steak knifes intent is to cut steak, if someone takes that knife and stabbed someone with it, is the knife company responsible? I just don't understand the fear of opening up a device nowadays its fear of nintendo suing? To then get a job at Facebook or google!! Best place to work in the world btw!! It's crazy, some lawyer fees is all geohot payed, nothing no repercussion and it got him his lifetime job i don't see him going around complaining about what happened, not for anything I wouldn't.

Does anyone honestly think any company would go through that again? Sony literally accomplished nothing and their system was further hacked to play backups with no legal action and then completely opend up with lv0 keys and again no legal action, no company will ever embarrass themselves again like sony did, and honestly only hackers think any company would again(which ins understandable since they would be going after them lol) anyways just a little rant not insulting anyone just my opinion

Also

Team xecuter(no problems)
Guys who hacked the wii(nothing)
Gateway(a team that makes LITERALLY money off pirating) you don't even see nintendo mention trying to find them or anything, nothing no legal repercussions what so ever

Yet people think simply releasing an exploit will get them sued its crazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.