Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Our stance is for moral reasons, not legal ones. As for intent, we know how most people will use backup loaders (hint: the answer is piracy).

I wasn't saying you guys are hiding exploits and its cool because the wii u scene has more than one person trying to free it. I was just saying people don't release exploits for fear of getting sued if your doing it for moral reason kudos to you but that's not most people's excuse. Also your right most people do use it for piracy (who cares because wiiukey will be out and anyone who wants to pirate can so what difference will it make to you?)

it's like on the 3ds anyone who wants to pirate games already is, not releasing an exploit to open up later firmwares for fear of piracy is ridiculous.its already running rampant and someone is profiting off it because of hackers that don't wanna release their exploits because of "morals"

Listen I cant do what you guys do so I have no place to talk, but not for nothing if piracy was the thing that killed devices i could understand but the psvita and wii u are proof that piracy has nothing to do with bad sales. The psp didn't "die" and it was the most piracy driven community I had ever seen which without that community the psp would have died much sooner, since you know psp actually sucked and 90% of people that wasted their money on one was for home brew.

If you plan on releasing something that allows people to play backups thats just wrong, tho not illegal, but to release an exploit that would take another completely unrelated coder just as good as you to write a backup loader i don't know how that can hurt your "morals"

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A wild piracy discussion appears.
Please, religion and soccer next.
It's not a discussion about piracy it's a discussion about why exploits don't get released(which happens to be piracy so talk to the guys not releasing exploits if you want this to stop), and if everyone was like you there would be no discussion at this forum whatsoever(lets just talk about.....nothing since their is nothing hacked on the wii u..) can the morals of piracy not even be spoken about without some smartass adding nothing to the conversation but bitching about it.

I don't come and insult pirates or insult the People who hate them I'm neutral I don't care i enjoy backing up my discs but not at the expense of everyone pirating but if everyone is gonna do it anyways because the is an ode on the market i just don't see the big deal

Also please don't start with the cheating online bull because their is a 99.999999% chance nintendo will ban anyone cheating online, i don't think they will let that happen all over again so opening up the wii U will not lead to ruined online gameplay

crisshinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In country like mine its a necesary evil, for example MK8 is in our stores in $90 or $80 ... The minimun salary here its $120 per moth... I cant take the risk of buy a bad game, i only buy the really good ones...this its the reason Nintendo dont sell the new games here in América

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr.Crygor 07 GorTesK That is a page intended for web developers (people who make websites) so they can create web apps for the Wii U. It's meant to be public...

did you even read my post? gonna quote myself now
"or just bookmark the page, you don`t really need to have this file on your hdd, this is no secret conspiracy page, that nintendo will take down, once it realizes, that people have discovered it"

I am aware, that this is no secret page, my only concern about this matter was that he uploaded the file to a hoster, that is blacklisted by my antivirus software and the link he provided didn`t lead to anything, because he copied the link wrong, so narually the first thing that came into mind... 1st post of someone, blacklisted site, faulty link --> troll or scammer
once I realised, that he just messed up his post with no ill intend, I told him, that the page is no secret
so I wonder, why do you tell me, what I already told him?

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In my honest opinion, not speaking for anybody else, I think we should focus on getting an IOSU exploit so we can get keys to decrypt/dump games and find a more permanent exploit like what smea has done. I don't care if whoever shares the keys, but we really should be focusing on finding a better one for the future, because with all this drama about WebKit being so easily fixable because Nintendo can patch it easily with software, with a game that has a disc version, at least that exploit is on the disc and we can spoof the version to stop it from being patched with an "update", and then we can also decrypt USB drives and find a file-based exploit too. It's a win-win IMO. I realize that once that happens then the option of preventing piracy is out the window, but I honestly don't see that as much of an issue, seeing as it'll happen eventually anyways once the ODE people come out of the shadows.

Trying to avoid piracy is useless as it only delays the hacking and exploit hunting.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

This. So much this.
I can't understand why you would hack something to break free from the manufacturer's closed environment if the hackers themselves want to policy everything people do with it because of their moral values. It's not you who is doing it, it's the others.
The creator of the technology behind the atomic bomb didn't do it for war and killing people. He was saddened by that, but it wasn't him who bombed the people.
Like some what guy said, would knife manufacturers regret making them if their knifes were being used to kill people? They aren't the ones killing, why should they?

So you think its okay yourself? Its still stealing. If you could create a clone of your worst enemy and killed it, it would still be murder...
Now, its clear that the only ones who agree with you are the people who themselves pirate software and movies, so I'm not even going to go on.
One last thing, it does not matter what we developers/users think about the Wii U hacking scene, its up to those who actually spend countless of hours to get something working.

On a whole other point I still have no idea what would be a good practice to create something out of a WebKit bug, so if anyone know anything that could help me get a bit(see what I did there? :P) closer to being a hacker & Developer instead of just a developer I would appreciate that, Thanks :)

Congratulations on being brainwashed. You're gonna tell me that you NEVER EVER downloaded paid stuff for free? Do you pay every copyright owner when you post a picture of a game or show online? I buy my games and music when I can afford them. I've pirated a lot of stuff that I ended up buying later on, sometimes more than 1 copy. My Wii was hardmodded and I still bought retail games even after beating them. Piracy isn't lost sales, because the person who usually pirates for curiosity and doesn't have money to actually buy the media wouldn't have the means to buy it either way.
Of course piracy is illegal, but saying you've never done it is just blatantly lying.

Also, I'm not looking forward to Wii U hacking because of piracy, I'm going to buy my games regardless of a release of a backup loader or not. Heck, there already are ODEs on the horizon, if somebody wanted to pirate they would get that.
What I don't agree on is this irrational fear of piracy. I don't care what other people use the exploits for, but limiting the hack itself and not releasing exploits for this reason is just hypocritical and stupid.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA Temp, the only place where discussions are started with good intentions to only have them devolved into piracy-related bullshit mudslinging festivities. Oh rapture :creep: I download older ROMs time for games no longer being manufactured or sold in stores aside from secondhand online retailers, does it make it any more right? Of course not. But do I care? No, I don't. Illegalities or not, people are still going to do it irrespective of whatever laws exist in their respective countries. Hacks should never be withheld to curtail what's an inevitability. But who am I kidding? At this rate, the console will be long abandoned before anything homebrew-related or viable ever gets released for it.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy doesn't influence how fast we get an exploit from an idea to working code, though. It's not slowing anything down right now. That being said, this is 'hacking discussion'. 'i want piracy please give me piracy wow you must be deliberately going slowly to avoid piracy' isn't discussing hacking.

Again, it's not worth arguing about a group's morals. You get what you get, and if you want piracy you can do the research and development yourself. Our morals don't need to be yours, but don't try and dictate what they're supposed to be.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy doesn't influence how fast we get an exploit from an idea to working code, though. It's not slowing anything down right now. That being said, this is 'hacking discussion'. 'i want piracy please give me piracy wow you must be deliberately going slowly to avoid piracy' isn't discussing hacking.

Again, it's not worth arguing about a group's morals. You get what you get, and if you want piracy you can do the research and development yourself. Our morals don't need to be yours, but don't try and dictate what they're supposed to be.

Who said I was trying to dictate morals? I wasn't trying to dictate, I've just seen it a lot in the hacking scene from other hacker that refuse to release because of piracy or some BS like that. I'm just pointing out that these discussions always somehow devolve into piracy debates from other users, that's all. Sorry for being human.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said I was trying to dictate morals? I wasn't trying to dictate, I've just seen it a lot in the hacking scene from other hacker that refuse to release because of piracy or some BS like that. I'm just pointing out that these discussions always somehow devolve into piracy debates from other users, that's all. Sorry for voicing my opinion.
I wasn't saying you were, but people tend to do that to people in our little group. You're fine.
The Wii U is nice because we can fairly easily enable homebrew apps running at a system level without allowing piracy and cheating. All we have to do is not release IOSU hax and keep memory protected.

Reactions: filfat

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
did you even read my post? gonna quote myself now
"or just bookmark the page, you don`t really need to have this file on your hdd, this is no secret conspiracy page, that nintendo will take down, once it realizes, that people have discovered it"

Apologies, I misread what you wrote. :P

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is nice because we can fairly easily enable homebrew apps running at a system level without allowing piracy and cheating.

I reckon this is actually why nobody really cares besides a handful of people, like someone else mentioned; getting out of a sandbox just to be put back in by other guys than nintendo, it's imo not how the scene should operate. But everyone is entitled to his/her opinion i guess ;)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon this is actually why nobody really cares besides a handful of people, like someone else mentioned; getting out of a sandbox just to be put back in by other guys than nintendo, it's imo not how the scene should operate. But everyone is entitled to his/her opinion i guess ;)
Having access to everything a licensed Wii U developer could do is barely even a sandbox in my eyes.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. So much this.
I can't understand why you would hack something to break free from the manufacturer's closed environment if the hackers themselves want to policy everything people do with it because of their moral values. It's not you who is doing it, it's the others.
The creator of the technology behind the atomic bomb didn't do it for war and killing people. He was saddened by that, but it wasn't him who bombed the people.
Like some what guy said, would knife manufacturers regret making them if their knifes were being used to kill people? They aren't the ones killing, why should they?

Congratulations on being brainwashed. You're gonna tell me that you NEVER EVER downloaded paid stuff for free? Do you pay every copyright owner when you post a picture of a game or show online? I buy my games and music when I can afford them. I've pirated a lot of stuff that I ended up buying later on, sometimes more than 1 copy. My Wii was hardmodded and I still bought retail games even after beating them. Piracy isn't lost sales, because the person who usually pirates for curiosity and doesn't have money to actually buy the media wouldn't have the means to buy it either way.
Of course piracy is illegal, but saying you've never done it is just blatantly lying.

Also, I'm not looking forward to Wii U hacking because of piracy, I'm going to buy my games regardless of a release of a backup loader or not. Heck, there already are ODEs on the horizon, if somebody wanted to pirate they would get that.
What I don't agree on is this irrational fear of piracy. I don't care what other people use the exploits for, but limiting the hack itself and not releasing exploits for this reason is just hypocritical and stupid.

Exactly thats why I'm getting a wiikeyu cause I'm just about done with the waiting for an exploit that is being withheld because of piracy

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Really? Look at chadderz, he isn't releasing his exploit for one reason being piracy ... i bet you if he released his PPC kernel Exploit we would probably be a lot farther in WiiU hacking development then we are now

dauphin327

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly thats why I'm getting a wiikeyu cause I'm just about done with the waiting for an exploit that is being withheld because of piracy

All we need is a full exploit now as the browser exploit is available for everyone, there might be more people working on fully unlocking the WiiU for backups/cfw's/recovery menu's and more... Don't just spend money on a WiiKeyU now as there might be a bigger exploit soon.

Chujowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
All we need is a full exploit now as the browser exploit is available for everyone, there might be more people working on fully unlocking the WiiU for backups/cfw's/recovery menu's and more... Don't just spend money on a WiiKeyU now as there might be a bigger exploit soon.

I'm going with the WiiKeyU solution because by the time an exploit comes out, the community still has to work getting game dumps to load. That could take anywhere between a few weeks to years. I'd rather buy the hard mod first then wait over a year to be able to play my 'backups'.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat