Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It has enough that if you use rpl2elf to be able to edit some stuff, you can re-compress the rpx and use it, anyways.

Afterthought edit: Wonder if this means someone might be able to patch SOME games that don't work right with loadiine. I'm thinking hdloader ps2 here. Where you patched some problem games so they worked on the hard drive.
that seem possible indeed.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
After Spending a somewhat long time with the SDK documentation, I kinda know what all the .RPX are supposed to do (don't take any of this for granted, i can't saddly execute any of them, because 5.4...), here is the list :
  • actmgr.rpx This one is kinda obvious, it is an account manager, it "[This tool] provides a means to create, register, delete, and select accounts, as an alternate to the Wii U Menu." Documentation at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/API/html/tool_actmgr.html"
  • BossLotcheckTool.rpx It seems like it is an app to do some debugging with a wide range of data it is the spotpass library,if planning to use it, best to check the documentation at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/Doc/BossLotcheckTool/index.html"
  • browser.rpx Was unable to find any documentation, seems to be a generic browser (either file or web browser).
  • content_dump.rpx This tool is used to dump the "content" folder from nand to a pc folder, but it saddly will not work in retail units, since it need the unit to be in development mode. Documentation at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/dev/mastering/content_dump_tool.html"
  • DeleteDeviceAccount.rpx is a tool that can delete accounts from the Wii u and/or on the network, deleting them from the network also revokes all licenses related to said account. Documentation at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/API/html/tool_deletedeviceaccount.html"
  • eco_process.rpx Was unable to find any documentation, No idea what it might be.
  • ecTool.rpx It is a powerfull e-commerce tool, it allows many Eshop related operations, like adding balance, deleting Eshop accounts (with their licenses), a download manager (like the one on home menu), downgrading data titles (mostly title updates from eshop, i guess). More documentation at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/Doc/EcdkProgrammingManual/contents/Pages/Page_48928598.html"
  • emanual.rpx it is the default emanual that you get when you buy stuff from eshop, nothing useful here nor any meaningful documentation.
  • error.rpx Default error executable, no meaningful documentation found.
  • friendmgr.rpx a friend manager, a tool to add friends, it can load a friends list from an SD card ! more doc here "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/API/html/tool_friendmgr.html"
  • friendviewer.rpx a friend viewer, like the one everyone has, sound borring. Doc at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/API/html/tool_friendviewer.html"
  • hbm.rpx seems to be the main home menu, it actually is the home button menu that appears when you press the home button on an app, nothing new here, no meaningful doc.
  • nfpmgr.rpx seems to be the amiibo component of apps, not much doc present (none to be precise).
  • NfpUtil.rpx Seems to be an useful tool for devs, they can check some requirements for nfp (amiibo tech), doubt it may be useful in anyway for a retail unit. Doc at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nn/public/Doc/Nfp/nfp_util.html"
  • noft_writer.rpx it is an interesting tool that allows devs to write their own amiibo ! (note that the dev amiibo are NOT compatible with retail units...too bad :/).It is a defunkt tool for when amiibo was still at developmental stage. doc at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/nfc/nfp/noft_writer.html"
  • root.rpx no doc about it, seems to be one of the first rpx executed on dev-unit bootup, i strongly advise against trying to use it with loadiine, could do some nasty stuff to your nand, specially this rpx. Edit : DO NOT LAUNCH IT...just don't ^^'
  • system_config_tool.rpx, this is the biggest (rpx) tool of this SDK, it allows a ton of stuff (for the dev units at least ! don't try any stuff if you don't have a nand mod), like launching titles, changing your console region, making the console region free (by allowing all game regions to execute) and a lot more stuff. if you are intrested in this tool, the proper documentation is at "cafesdk/system/docs/man/en_us/sysconf/sysconf.html" i STONGLY recomend reading all that before even thinking about runing it, better safe(ish) than sorry.
  • testoverlay.rpx no bloody idea what this might do, seems to be a generic rpx. No doc available.
Well, that took me a while to put together. This info is in no way exact, since i had no way to actually test any of it (5.4 wii u, i'm looking at you...), but is mere speculation and documentation interpretation.
And keep in mind that all the tools were made for the dev units, there is a HIGH likelyhood of bad stuff happening if you mess with them without knowing what you are doing, you are warned :)
So, is this ecTool.rpx on the list the same green menu @VinsCool posted a screenshot of?

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder this too, I am super excited for USB loading in the future. I'll keep one Wii U legit for online gaming and one to keep all my games backed up in my kids room. I REALLY want to devote time to poking around Wii U software but I am just too lazy (my laziness level is over 9000 btw).

I've began designing an emuNAND-like solution a couple days ago. Don't expect many details in the following days about this.
I'm still actively reversing the IOSU and I will be doing a major update on wiiubrew with new findings soon (hopefully still today).

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I've began designing an emuNAND-like solution a couple days ago. Don't expect many details in the following days about this.
I'm still actively reversing the IOSU and I will be doing a major update on wiiubrew with new findings soon (hopefully still today).
Really?!?! Today?!?!?! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edit: I'm happy because Hykem is sill active...

Last edited by AboodXD,

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system_config_tool <------ if dissected and rebuilt can the rpl.a and .o for a retail unit be used to then make a new system_config_tool.rpx? Not sure how well the IDA/ELF/RPX assem / dissassem was going, but someone obviously has a handle on it..

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system_config_tool <------ if dissected and rebuilt can the rpl.a and .o for a retail unit be used to then make a new system_config_tool.rpx? Not sure how well the IDA/ELF/RPX assem / dissassem was going, but someone obviously has a handle on it..
eventually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1