Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my other WiiU, and it's on 5.3.2E. :)
The GamePad required an update though, haha. I'll roll with it.

Time to play around with the Homebrew and code.

---
Anything I should be disabling or do when on 5.3.2? (I'm coming from 2.1.0 so I don't know what the new fancy updates have brought us)

My router obviously blocks any kind of Nintendo traffic.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just got my other WiiU, and it's on 5.3.2E. :)
The GamePad required an update though, haha. I'll roll with it.

Time to play around with the Homebrew and code.

---
Anything I should be disabling or do when on 5.3.2? (I'm coming from 2.1.0 so I don't know what the new fancy updates have brought us)

My router obviously blocks any kind of Nintendo traffic.

When you're router blocks all those stuff there's nothing to worry about ^^. Just go ahead and use the exploits and test stuff :D
a spoofer made by crediar and tested to be working will come out soon which will allow you to download game updates without updating the firmware, also should allow you access eshop to get VC and such.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a spoofer made by crediar and tested to be working will come out soon which will allow you to download game updates without updating the firmware, also should allow you access eshop to get VC and such.
Half-true.. Can only redownload VC you already purchased, for now.
And indeed, the eShop currently does not work, but we've been silent about it because we have been trying to get it to work for the past couple of days and it's not ruled out that it's still possible.
However, you will still be able to update your games and you will also be able to reinstall previous titles that you have downloaded from the eShop but deleted. This will require another piece of homebrew code to work and I'm sure people will be all over it when the spoof is released :) Basically, all you need is a way to dump the ticket of your game. Tickets never get deleted, hence why you can always redownload software.
So even if we can't get eShop to work the only limitation you would have is not being able to buy anything new.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And those are most likely cheap ass Chinese fakes that have been hacked to report higher capacity, which in turn, corrupt at some point and make your data go tits up.

SanDisk, PNY, and Kingston have 512GB cards. You might be hard pressed to find one at 1TB or 2TB now, but it will happen eventually. These are SDXC though, not SDHC.

Reactions: Margen67

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big thing is that once there's a reliable RPX/ELF loader that runs at launch of an application, we basically have access to everything a developer has (within reason). Get access to all the cores, get access to all the memory, can allocate and rearrange as needed. Don't think any of the SDK specific dev functions will be available any time soon but anything you can run on production hardware will be, plus you have kernel permissions too which is something normal apps don't.

Everyone worrying about USB support still probably didn't read this post in full... That's basically god mode right there the way I read it... But I'm no developer, I just fix networks haha

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everyone worrying about USB support still probably didn't read this post in full... That's basically god mode right there the way I read it... But I'm no developer, I just fix networks haha

The reason they are worried about USB support is because loading from network is slow, for example the example golden45 showed, he could only load that game since it was very small in size.
Some people mentioned the USB Ethernet adapter for Wii U, but I'm not sure if it really can accelerate things significantly.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason they are worried about USB support is because loading from network is slow, for example the example golden45 showed, he could only load that game since it was very small in size.
Some people mentioned the USB Ethernet adapter for Wii U, but I'm not sure if it really can accelerate things significantly.

Is that dongle a legitimate thing even? It will be hard to get the WiiU to recognize a network connection over a storage port of its not lol. Works well for Windows, custom OS, likely not.

BTW - MY REFURB WII U FROM NOA CAME WITH 5.3.2!!!! So excited right now. And it was only $260 with shipping if anyone else is interested. Zelda gamepad, Windwaker HD (digital) and Nintendo Land (physical) were also included. So pumped.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is that dongle a legitimate thing even? It will be hard to get the WiiU to recognize a network connection over a storage port of its not lol. Works well for Windows, custom OS, likely not.
Yes, it really works! ;)
Did with the Wii (for which the official Nintendo adapter was created) and if you pay close attention to the Wii U console's internet connection you can see that there also is a LAN section but the console itself doesn't have an ethernet port! ;)

Reactions: Maximilious

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just kind of thinking, probably nothing in it but.. Has anyone tried messing with Cafiine inside Data Management? Is it possible to get Cafiine working in there like pyGecko?

Or is that the /data vs /code area that was talked about previously? Mind is a little fuzzy at 4AM haha

Reactions: VinsCool

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Yes, it really works! ;)
Did with the Wii (for which the official Nintendo adapter was created) and if you pay close attention to the Wii U console's internet connection you can see that there also is a LAN section but the console itself doesn't have an ethernet port! ;)

Indeed, even 3rd party adapters like the Belkin USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter work perfectly fine on the Wii U, that's the only way my Wii U has ever been connected to the internet.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it really works! ;)
Indeed, even 3rd party adapters like the Belkin USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter work perfectly fine on the Wii U, that's the only way my Wii U has ever been connected to the internet.

Good to know! I haven't gone past Wii hacking for local play so I haven't had the need to hardwire. I was surprised to see the WiiU still didn't have an ethernet adapter on board but to each his own Nintendo, to each his own.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just came across an idea which might sound kinda silly, but could work in the long run:
What if we connect a circuit board to a USB port of the WiiU, that "emulates" a GCN controller adapter and use that to "send" an exploit into the system? I mean depending on how the protocol gets transmitted it might work, won't it? :D
Just for having an alternative for the webkit-exploit! ;)

Reactions: I pwned U!

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I just came across an idea which might sound kinda silly, but could work in the long run:
What if we connect a circuit board to a USB port of the WiiU, that "emulates" a GCN controller adapter and use that to "send" an exploit into the system? I mean depending on how the protocol gets transmitted it might work, won't it? :D
Just for having an alternative for the webkit-exploit! ;)
Hacking sadly ain't that easy m8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome