Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

gbamix

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, Marionumber1 you are right, sorry. 3.0.4.2.9 is for 5.4.0.
yet this morning i had to 5.3.2, but now stay on 5.4.0. I had not confirmed firmware, sorry guys. the opendns not block update...

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, Marionumber1 you are right, sorry. 3.0.4.2.9 is for 5.4.0.
yet this morning i had to 5.3.2, but now stay on 5.4.0. I had not confirmed firmware, sorry guys. the opendns not block update...
Ah, makes sense now.

Too bad man, for the next time, either use CCProxy or block IPs via your router.

TopazPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A visual/input update has been added to wiiulib.arndroid.nl.

We now can scroll through the homebrew application through controller D-pad input. And then hit the A button to select it.
Along with opening(X button) and closing(B button) the info popup, though, I could only get this to work properly when a alert was used, as B would otherwise still go to the previous page, but it's optional for usage.

And the icons now better match with the applications/functions.
Credits for the icons: Freepik - Startup
I've tried running some of the example programs, but they seem to freeze the Wii U where the TV has no input and the Gamepad shows the last screen, where it is loading "payload.html" or something along those lines. I'm running 5.3.2U, I know the webkit exploit still has bugs, but I'd like to help however I can. I'll try a few more times.

EDIT: It freezes on loading "payload532.html", but unlike vWii crashes, you can still hard power off (holding the power button for four seconds). I checked the version found in "settings" in the internet explorer, and t said "4.1.1.9601". It's most likely just bugs causing it to crash. Hopefully the kernel exploit will help to find the issue.

Last edited by TopazPhoenix,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried running some of the example programs, but they seem to freeze the Wii U where the TV has no input and the Gamepad shows the last screen, where it is loading "payload.html" or something along those lines. I'm running 5.3.2U, I know the webkit exploit still has bugs, but I'd like to help however I can. I'll try a few more times.

EDIT: It freezes on loading "payload532.html", but unlike vWii crashes, you can still hard power off (holding the power button for four seconds). I checked the version found in "settings" in the internet explorer, and t said "4.1.1.9601". It's most likely just bugs causing it to crash. Hopefully the kernel exploit will help to find the issue.
in the thread for this it says that marionumber1 is going to fix those

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a refurbished WiiU matter? Because I'm trying this exploit on 5.3.2U a million times and all have failed.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Does a refurbished WiiU matter? Because I'm trying this exploit on 5.3.2U a million times and all have failed.
I doesn't matter, because my WiiU is a launchday package and doesn't work either :P

Reactions: 2Hack

deformyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Adr990 Tried it on 5.3.2E (browser 4.1.1.9601)
Nice layout, feels very native. Examples don't work though:
- Helloworld shows black screen
- Usbstor, pong and template get stuck on loading
I was surprised the hello world didn't work, I compiled it myself a couple of days ago and the hello world worked every time.

EDIT: forgot to mention but I cleared cookies and had only one tab open

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Adr990 Tried it on 5.3.2E (browser 4.1.1.9601)
Nice layout, feels very native. Examples don't work though:
- Helloworld shows black screen
- Usbstor, pong and template get stuck on loading
I was surprised the hello world didn't work, I compiled it myself a couple of days ago and the hello world worked every time.

EDIT: forgot to mention but I cleared cookies and had only one tab open

When you recompile the HelloWorld program now and retry it locally, does it still work? :huh:

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JaceCearK1
So I rebuilt the hello world example, both with the old version I had and with the latest version on github. They both worked. Adr990's still doesn't...
I see...

Could you send me your compiled (tested/working) versions of Helloworld, USBStor, Pong and Template?
Maybe it's because of the remote host, or maybe it's because of a compiling error on my side. Let's find out. :)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
listen here, maybe if you (and all others asking about releasing) stop bothering the devs about it, they do not have to spend time to answer you all every single time and can spend more time on the actual exploits...i think you agree that is what matters the most..
I was/am not complaining... -_-

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I followed the OpenDNS tutorial, but my Wii U updated itself! :sad: ;____; :cry:

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see...

Could you send me your compiled (tested/working) versions of Helloworld, USBStor, Pong and Template?
Maybe it's because of the remote host, or maybe it's because of a compiling error on my side. Let's find out. :)
@deformyer The best would be not only to upload the binaries but also the payload/html files! ;)

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Say I didnt want to exploit the wii u, but I already have the vwii mode hacked, will I lose my vwii if I update the wii u? Like I said earlier I dont want to do any wii u exploiting right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.