Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

D

Deleted User

requires packing a decaf-emu/wut .rpx into NUS format with makecfmaster, an SDK tool (have fun with that)
You may not already realize it, but Unity for Wii U outputs a really nice command script called makeMaster.cmd that can effortlessly package SD-installable content in almost an instant. Just place it inside the folder with the code/content/meta folders and type "makeMaster createDownloadImage" into Command Prompt.

I think you may be making it sound harder than what it actually is. :creep:

Reactions: the_randomizer

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You may not already realize it, but Unity for Wii U outputs a really nice command script called makeMaster.cmd that can effortlessly package SD-installable content in almost an instant. Just place it inside the folder with the code/content/meta folders and type "makeMaster createDownloadImage" into Command Prompt.

I think you may be making it sound harder than what it actually is. :creep:
Does it create a TMD, ticket, etc...?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people always say "continue in a PM"?
I would never go that far...
Then stop or keep on topic dude, this section have had enough flaming, shitposts and discussions like "bro your opinion is shit" "rednand is shit" "your criticism about rednand being shit is shit" and so on...

D

Deleted User

Does it create a TMD, ticket, etc...?
Yep. Creates the .app files, .h3 files, .tik, .cert., TMD, everything! But to ensure you can successfully repack for retail, you need to replace the Dev Common Key for the Retail Common key at:
"cafe_sdk\system\bin\tool\mastering\resources\makemaster\tik_sys.bin" (be sure to use a hex editor to replace the key, but you may already have known that. ;))

Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

By the way, kinda not related to the current discussion, I just wanted to say that if you have a sig-patched EmuNAND, you can actually convert Loadiine-ready games and apps into SD-installable images through the script I was on about. Same goes for out-of-region titles; I just tested Minecraft Wii U Edition [USA] on my EUR Wii U, and when you edit the <region> property in meta.xml for your own region, you can successfully boot those said out-of-region titles straight from the Home Menu! Pretty cool find.

If any people are interested, here are the <region> values you can change in the meta.xml, depending on your region:
00000002 <-- USA
00000004 <-- EUR

Unsure of the rest, but these are the two most common regions, so...

has anyone tried a blank common key?
What would a blank key do exactly? Just not encrypt the file contents? I'm pretty sure the Wii U tries to decrypt the files during installation with its common key, so it might not be able to work.

Reactions: I pwned U!

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, kinda not related to the current discussion, I just wanted to say that if you have a sig-patched EmuNAND, you can actually convert Loadiine-ready games and apps into SD-installable images through the script I was on about. Same goes for out-of-region titles; I just tested Minecraft Wii U Edition [USA] on my EUR Wii U, and when you edit the <region> property in meta.xml for your own region, you can successfully boot those said out-of-region titles straight from the Home Menu! Pretty cool find.

If any people are interested, here are the <region> values you can change in the meta.xml, depending on your region:
00000002 <-- USA
00000004 <-- EUR

Unsure of the rest, but these are the two most common regions, so...

What would a blank key do exactly? Just not encrypt the file contents? I'm pretty sure the Wii U tries to decrypt the files during installation with its common key, so it might not be able to work.
So that means we could install games not available on nus or the eshop? like the cod games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1