Hacking Wii U Browser Exploit Leaked for v4.10

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to figure out how to block ISP/URLs first.I havn`t used the Wii U in Wii mode.I think I can figure out how to install Homebrew channel,but will I be able to use the Netflix and Youtube app without updating to 5.0.I tried to load the apps in Wii U mode and it asked for a system update.I`m on 4.1 right now or can you use the Netflix app in Wii mode?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people have tried to get the Wii Nexflix channel on vWii and it hasn't worked so not AFAIK. As for blocking them, just ask whoever about your router, the way mine works is I go to 192.168.0.1 and it loads a GUI from my router and I input the username and password on the bottom of the router to get in and then it has a bunch of options including website blocking. You'd have to ask someone running 4.1.0 with those URLs blocked to try netflix and/or youtube to see if it blocks it since I'm on 5.0.0 and thus would be no help :P

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand.Thanks for your help.

A bit late but one alternative is to use openDNS if you're router doesn't support filtering or you want something device specific, downside is if you have a dynamic IP address you'll have to find a way to keep openDNS updated (either through the router if supported or their PC client).

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don`t really understand nothing what your saying to do,but I did see a option for openDNS and filtering.I have a cradlepoint mbr95 router with a AT&T usb modem.

Nexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obviously some routers don't have the filtering option, think it might be worthwhile to create a proxy and then point the wii u to the proxy. will then need to enable filtering etc

u could do it locally or even host the proxy for anyone else to use

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to assume your on firmware 5.0 and this just blocks the updates and you still can access everything in vWii or Wii U mode or what doesn't work? So I only need one URL or the 5 listed on the FrontPage.Thanks.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wii u releases are so few and far between and so far all of the games I own are great games worth owning so only use a backup launcher would have would be to not have to change discs for me and that really doesn't bother me. What would be awesome is to be able to play games from any region and devolution gamecube loader working in wii u mode being able to use the gamepad

Yeah, Wii U games are scarce and when they're actually released they're worth owning, unless there's some bad apples here and there.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want a dump by hardware, yes you will have to install chip. Example: backup nand flash from virgin state. But you can do a software dump right now with DumpmiiNand that (i believe) does the WHOLE 1GB nand flash. You currently just can't write it back without a hardware setup or an unreleased nand write program.
I realise this post is old but I've only just read this thread. Dump Mii NAND will only dump the 512 MB of the Wii U NAND that is used for vWii. It can't access the second 512 MB bank that's used to boot into Wii U mode.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
So would you guys recommend going to 5.0 or staying at 4.1?
I've no idea about the situation in general but as a rule of thumb its always better not to update, like with ps3 it was better to stay below 3.55 and with 3ds at the minute it has to be 4.1 to 4.5 so if I had a Wii u and hoping for an exploit I'd not update

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would you guys recommend going to 5.0 or staying at 4.1?

Look(not to be rude), this question has been answered a lot in at least 3 or 4 threads and should be sticky-ed to a 1st post of 1 of those threads.
No matter who you are (just a regular end-user/noob or an experimenting hobbyist/developer) you should not update unless you NEED access to the e-shop (for purchases or to redeem free game from Mario Kart 8 purchase).
If you wait to redeem/purchase, you risk Nintendo closing THIS browser exploit(not all browser exploits) with a +5.1x update. So if you want access to current browser exploit (possibilities as an end user) and need access to eshop. You NEED to update to 5.0 now,get your free game and then block Nintendo's updates.
Everyone else should stay on 4.1(same version as Mario Kart 8 needs) and test whether their server blocking attempt are successful. I,personally, have a feeling a lot of people are gonna auto-update to +5.1x because they missed something.(You have to block everything related to updates.)

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You willbe getting mad a lot then about people asking the same questions.Got to have patience.You can update to 5.0,but block urls with your routers.I have no problem been asked the same question a lot.Not a big deal to me.List of urls to block below.

Balanced URLs
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Reactions: Fpsrussia117
D

Deleted User

You willbe getting mad a lot then about people asking the same questions.Got to have patience.You can update to 5.0,but block urls with your routers.I have no problem been asked the same question a lot.Not a big deal to me.List of urls to block below.

Balanced URLs
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
that the complete list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.