Hacking Wii U Browser Exploit Leaked for v4.10

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am in same twist. Since they don't have the Binarys, it take long time for 5.0 and not sure, if they fire 5.0 before 4.1 exploit (if it should real happen).

All Pro's say go to 5.0 but I guess 4.1 might a good choise too.

Only Problem: If we stay on 4.1 and they update their Firmware, then we mostly can't go to 5.0. We have to go directly to 5.1 or 5.2 that is the most I scare if I stay on 4.1

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unless u need eshop it's safer to stay at 4.1, it will never auto install updates unlike 5.0 (i know it can be disabled but the feature is there and surreptitiously waiting for any slip ups) and 5.0 will eventually also lose access to the eshop.

Also i doubt any exploit or homebrew later on would be developed for 5.0 and leave 4.1 out...

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I blocked now, but still can access the shop. Shouldn't be possible?

nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
a23-65-181-75.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
a96-17-161-145.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com
a184-50-229.158.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
a184-50-229-137.deploy.static.akamaitechonologies.com
a96-17-161-145.deploy.static.akamaitechonologies.com
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it better to block Shop too? Also I can download it seems. Which mean I blocked it wrong? Or just no matter?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it better to block Shop too? Also I can download it seems. Which mean I blocked it wrong? Or just no matter?

Okay, so tell me what exactly you blocked so I know. Nobody has specifically said that eShop downloads are blocked, but some people assumed, so if you can tell me what you blocked and imma add it to my FAQ. The only problem we're having is nobody specifically tests these things and so everybody's just been speculating on what to block and what is blocked for weeks, so telling me what you blocked as an example will help a lot.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, maybe I miss wrote... I don't blocked it yet. But I want block it. I will test around if that help?

mostly asked if I did a mistake, because I not blocked EShop =/

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah, maybe I miss wrote... I don't blocked it yet. But I want block it. I will test around if that help?

mostly asked if I did a mistake, because I not blocked EShop =/

Go to Download Management.
Click test connection.

see if it errors, or shows no new updates. If you did it correctly it should do that.

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.I need some help here.I been reading this thread and don`t understand much except that if I`m on system 4.1 then best to stay on it.Well I just got my Wii U and I updated to 4.1 with Mario Kart 8 and now I want to install the exploit/Homebrew channel and also use the Netflix and Youtube app,but when I try to use Netflix or Youtube app it asks to do a system update which I`m assuming will update me to 5.0 firmware.Can someone help me with what to do.No Homebrew install yet and I havn`t access the Eshop yet.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh what are you even talking about. There is no homebrew channel for Wii U. There is for vWii mode, but there is no Netflix or YouTube in vWii mode. http://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-update-servers-clarification-needed.367645/ go there and block those URLs/IPs in your router and it should stop the update nagging. (Though even if you update to 5.0.0 you can still install and use the vWii homebrew channel).
Again, the Wii U and vWii modes are entirely seperate.

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just got the Wii U and havn`t done anything to it.I want to install homebrew channel so I can play my Wii backups from usb and other stuff whether it`s in vWii mode or Wii U and I also want to be able to use the Netflix and Youtube app and stay on 4.1 firmware.Is any of this possible.I only updated Wii U to 4.1 with Mario Kart 8.That`s all I have done.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh yeah, step 1 would be to block those IPs/URLs (though I'm not positive that it'll block it since nobody's confirmed it yet). Then just use Brawl or one of the lego games to install the homebrew channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all