Hacking Wii U Browser Exploit Leaked for v4.10

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard nothing but bad things about Devolution versus Nintendont which is a lot more open
Nintendont used to not be open. It also used to be illegal, since it was using GPLed code without being open. In fact, it still is illegal, because, technically, violating the GPL once means you irrevocably lose the right to use that code, even if you come into compliance later on (although most GPL authors are willing to overlook that part of the license).

Other than being open source, there is nothing morally superior about Nintendont. It blatantly enables piracy, was developed with utter disregard for open source licensing, and I hear that there was a bunch of donation/money bullshit involved too (I didn't follow that saga personally). And it's just plain crappier.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont used to not be open. It also used to be illegal, since it was using GPLed code without being open. In fact, it still is illegal, because, technically, violating the GPL once means you irrevocably lose the right to use that code, even if you come into compliance later on (although most GPL authors are willing to overlook that part of the license).

Other than being open source, there is nothing morally superior about Nintendont. It blatantly enables piracy, was developed with utter disregard for open source licensing, and I hear that there was a bunch of donation/money bullshit involved too (I didn't follow that saga personally). And it's just plain crappier.

Considering that Nintendon't is non-profit, it might be a little difficult for any GPL author to prove damages and I don't think anyone would want to pay for a lawsuit that would never result in any kind of payout.

A PC enables piracy. So does a DVR or VHS, but it is not a piracy device, and neither is Nintendon't. There are plenty of completely legitimate uses.

And, in terms of piracy, most of the games that Nintendon't can play are long expired from active publication, so any piracy it encourages is not currently very damaging to most of the copyright holders.

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear from what I was reading on the first couple pages, this exploit is still present in the 5.0.0 firmware? Updated for MK8 recently haha.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Let's not even go there, since it's incredibly complex and full of contradictory results. And it'll just get this thread locked sooner, forcing all the noobs to infect the actual hacking thread.

Can we not get a noob paradise thread going or FAQ? Or restrict who can post in that discussion? I don't want to wade through pages of "Y EXPLOT NO WURK ON VERSION 5" just to view progress and try to learn something.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we not get a noob paradise thread going or FAQ? Or restrict who can post in that discussion?
without wanting to get too meta, we're in a forum dedicated to wiiu hacking, in which someone has actually created a thread dedicated to wiiu hacking.

we may not be dealing with the most self-aware folks on the internet here.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
without wanting to get too meta, we're in a forum dedicated to wiiu hacking, in which someone has actually created a thread dedicated to wiiu hacking.

we may not be dealing with the most self-aware folks on the internet here.
10c8ced31f6c4d67459964e85baa900a14cad840435742a0e742cc8f8495731c.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle