Hacking Wii-U Bootrom dumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see , but with the release of a system mod it is mainly going to be used for the reason of playing backups " no i am not interested in running linux on my console because i already do on my pc !" .

and let us face it the wii u needs this to happen to boost the sales , because i am no longer going to shell out 60$ or 50$ for a mario/donkey kong game :s
No, the Wii U absolutely does NOT need this. it might convince PIRATES to buy the console, but they don't pay for games, meaning Nintendo and the other game makers do not make money. And then there would be the people who already own the console who would stop buying new games because they can easily pirate them, leading to a reduction in software sales.

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
No, the Wii U absolutely does NOT need this. it might convince PIRATES to buy the console, but they don't pay for games, meaning Nintendo and the other game makers do not make money. And then there would be the people who already own the console who would stop buying new games because they can easily pirate them, leading to a reduction in software sales.

i see your point, but really how many copies of non-multiplayer games do they really sell ?

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see your point, but really how many copies of non-multiplayer games do they really sell ?

What does that have to do with it?

Yes piracy is a by product of opening a system, but the system needs to be opened to run homebrew as well. Just because it makes piracy possible, does not mean that we should have to give up on homebrew...

Each person has their own reasons, some want emulators so they can easily play them in the living room instead of dragging their PC into the living room or playing them in their computer room. Others like me really REALLY would like XBMC, some want region free, some want backup loaders so their kids don't scratch the disks to fuck. And as always, some want piracy, however as stated before, that does not mean we should have to stop the homebrew development because of other peoples choices.

Reactions: nonameboy

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if it allows the ability to play Wii U ISOs, I'm already imagining the hurdles. I'm not looking forward to the idea of using my super slow internet to download one ISO. Then again, there might be a way to trim them and reduce filesize but it's still going to be a super long time.

Using a hacked Wii U console to dump an ISO is probably what I imagine is the better method. Shame I don't have any relatives or friends who own a Wii U so I can borrow the disc. Also, would be nice if there was a way for this to enable region free disc loading but I'm going to wait and see.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I see the drama somebody cool pointed out. A majority of Wii owners I knew did not want their.systems hacked. Cat and mouse, updating, not updating, bricking? It is not like 100% of Wii U owners will automatically jump into any hack. The piracy argument only holds up if a significant amount of users do pirate.

Not touching other parts of the thread. Regardless, news is still cool.

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I would wager Nintendo sell a shiteload more Single Player games than Multiplayer judging by the 3DS.

the 3ds is a whole other market , mind you i own one and it isn't hacked !!

in my opinion the 3ds and its games do really deserve my $ because they are really interesting and somehow deliver what you expect from handheld ,but on the other hand wii u has only been a failure "i say again in my POV" compared to the other consoles their upgrade from "wii" isn't that much of a game changer !

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
THIS is what will help the WiiU sell. I only brought one because it could play Wii backups and homebrew. IF this can finally play WiiU backups and homebrew then you will see a jump in sales.

As nintenDOH are doing nothing with the console someone has to and as the hackers are still working on it its good to see someone doing something with it.

Cant wait!

vorgrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would like to thank those who have and still are working on getting the wiiu opened to homebrew> I would love to see what possible applications we could use the gamepad for. A much improved homebrew augmented reality app would be awesome similar to some of the games that run on the 3ds.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaha....'Piracy! That'll be the hot new thing to drive WiiU sales!' Yeah...okay.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome. I would be in for the Wii U scene if there is a DS emulator that uses the screen and Gamepad like a real DS.
Also, I really need a good N64 emulator to play my owned cartridges on just one console without switching consoles pre se :/

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I became completely uninterested in my Wii...and then the homebrew channel was released. Not only have I remained interested in the system, I bought more Wii games since then and then bought a Wii U.

I'm sure hacking the Wii U will have negative side effects on Nintendo but it'll also have positive ones as well. We will never know if it will or not as we will never have access to such data that shows us what exactly will happen to Nintendo. Everyone on any side of this issue will have valid points to make, however we can't predict the future and the small number of cases from the past are hardly any indication of what will happen in the future.

Reactions: spiral6

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I would be in for the Wii U scene if there is a DS emulator that uses the screen and Gamepad like a real DS.
Also, I really need a good N64 emulator to play my owned cartridges on just one console without switching consoles pre se :/
They are making virtual console DS games on the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock