Gaming Wii to Wii U Transfer - multiple wii abuse

OurFriendIrony

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So from what I understand, you can take the contents of one old wii (purchase history, etc) and the contents of a second old wii and transfer them both to a single WiiU.

What's to stop, say, transfer of one Wii to a WiiU, a NAND restore of the console and then a transfer to a different WiiU?

I assume that all the purchase history is kept on Nintendo's servers? But if thats so, then this whole Wii to WiiU transfer shenanigan could have surely been less painful.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So from what I understand, you can take the contents of one old wii (purchase history, etc) and the contents of a second old wii and transfer them both to a single WiiU.

What's to stop, say, transfer of one Wii to a WiiU, a NAND restore of the console and then a transfer to a different WiiU?

I assume that all the purchase history is kept on Nintendo's servers? But if thats so, then this whole Wii to WiiU transfer shenanigan could have surely been less painful.
The same thing that stops you from transferring channels installed from WAD files. They won't be linked to your console anymore, so the transfer will ignore them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4