Help needed for transferring save to wii VC using Savemii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that but I asked what Tidhigh and low are and never got a follow up
I think wii games start with a 1 and end with a 0.
Post automatically merged:

the high id will be the same for all games, but the low id is really the title id. if you look on the private section of your sd card, those four characters/letters are the ascii version of the title id. type them in ascii inside a hex editor, and you'll get the low id as it appears on the system.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
save manager gx is an app. it's mostly useful for region changing or copy protection saves. I'm assuming yours did that because you had a save already on the system.

maybe if you already made all those saves, try the method @V10lator mentioned with the data.bin files. I didn't know they were in that format on the system as well. I thought it was like the ps4 or something. anyway, that should bypass copy protection anyway.

btw, you can translate the tid low by putting the four digit name with the data.bin in a hex editor. it will be the hex version of the title id.

Sorry that I'm still misunderstanding about save manager gx. Is this a home brew app or just a regular app? I'm asking because I would make a vc inject of it and i want to make sure it's safe to do that

That's the title ID splitted in half.

Thank you, I'll give it a try shortly and report back

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry that I'm still misunderstanding about save manager gx. Is this a home brew app or just a regular app? I'm asking because I would make a vc inject of it and i want to make sure it's safe to do that

Thank you, I'll give it a try shortly and report back
it's a homebrew app.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just see if ftp works like @V10lator mentioned the location. I didn't know they were in the same format on the system. that would be the easiest way, and you could do it from the wiiu side.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just see if ftp works like @V10lator mentioned the location. I didn't know they were in the same format on the system. that would be the easiest way, and you could do it from the wiiu side.

So I tried with ftp and finally found the location. Unfortunately, there's a different problem. Firstly, when I booted the game, I was given a message that something went wrong and farther saves are not possible. Then I closed the game and went back to Savemii to check what happened. Under savemii, it appears the save is corrupted. It shows a weird name for the game with a lot of weird symbols, and the thumbnail for that same game is all messed up.

So on the one hand, I clearly was in the right location for the save of the game to finally be *influenced* by me. But now I have new problems. I need to know how to fix this mess so that saves work again in this game. And I need to find out why this corrupted.

I'm wondering, there were 2 files in that folder. "banner.bin" that I replaced with my own save file named the same. And a second file that appears to have no extension just called "Strikers2" (the name of the game in question). Should I delete that second file or done something with it?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looked a bit more into Savemiis sources: The banner.bin seems to be a meta file containing the games icon, its name and stuff. So with overwriting that you corrupted it. Try to revert the original banner.bin and exchange the Strikers2 file instead.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you must've decompressed the game. you don't want to do that. I think the button you want is "install."
I didn't decompress it and I'm not sure where this "install" button you're talking about is. All I did was copy the save file to that folder and that was all. I tried to put my old save file back on but i'm still getting the same error message.

It reads:
"AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE ACCESSING Wii SYSTEM MEMORY, NO FURTHER SAVING OR LOADING IS POSSIBLE."

I have no clue how to proceed. I could delete the vc inject and start over but i suspect i'll be greeted by the same error

Looked a bit more into Savemiis sources: The banner.bin seems to be a meta file containing the games icon, its name and stuff. So with overwriting that you corrupted it. Try to revert the original banner.bin and exchange the Strikers2 file instead.

I can try changing the strikers file but idk what to do with it. It's a file without any extension. I'm not sure how to convert a save file to match that format.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the way I assumed saves would be instead of data.bin. I might be misremembering the name of the button, but save manager gx is mostly for copy protected saves. you don't need it otherwise. if you're still having trouble, do the data.bin way I mentioned. you will have to delete the saves on the system itself. I'm pretty sure they won't let you transfer or copy over a save.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can try changing the strikers file but idk what to do with it. It's a file without any extension. I'm not sure how to convert a save file to match that format.
Just rename it, worst case is that it won't work but still worth a try. I looked into some other data folders and they all have different files beside the banner.bin. Some are brave enough to name the file save.bin or something.sav but most of the time they just have no file extension. So i guess there is no common save format but the games just do whatever they want.

I tried to put my old save file back on but i'm still getting the same error message.
Maybe a caching issue? So try removing power for a minute after exchanging the files.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's the way I assumed saves would be instead of data.bin. I might be misremembering the name of the button, but save manager gx is mostly for copy protected saves. you don't need it otherwise. if you're still having trouble, do the data.bin way I mentioned. you will have to delete the saves on the system itself. I'm pretty sure they won't let you transfer or copy over a save.
I already tried that.

I tried putting the original Strikers2 file and the banner.bin files back in that folder, but nothing changed. I'm still stuck with the same error message

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that.

I tried putting the original Strikers2 file and the banner.bin files back in that folder, but nothing changed. I'm still stuck with the same error message
I don't know what you did as it's been a while, but just try the official way I mentioned. it's very easy. not sure what to tell you about any copy protected saves you encounter, but the vwii saves are the ones wii vc will use.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just rename it, worst case is that it won't work but still worth a try. I looked into some other data folders and they all have different files beside the banner.bin. Some are brave enough to name the file save.bin or something.sav but most of the time they just have no file extension. So i guess there is no common save format but the games just do whatever they want.

Maybe a caching issue? So try removing power for a minute after exchanging the files.

Tried removing power and that didn't change anything unfortunately.
I also tried deleting the save through vwii which also didn't work. So the game looks to be corrupted atm I guess. I'm going to try deleting and installing a new vc inject, hopefully it's not permanently screwed since this is my favorite game

Update: No luck. I tried deleting the game, unplugging to clear cache, reinstalling... But still the same error. Clearly something is wrong with not the game, but the files. Hoping someone here has an idea to fix. It appears the saving mechanism is corrupted with this singular game. It appears corrupted in Savemii as well. I'm not sure what to attempt

New update: Still no luck. I tried reinjecting the game, but this time changed the title generated id. In an attempt to trick the game into saving somewhere that isn't corrupted. Did not work, I'm still greeted by the same error message and I still cannot save anymore. Saves seem to work in other games but no longer this game. I need some fresh ideas but i don't know what to try

Last edited by itspatricioo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto