Need help transferring a save between different titleIDs

SyrusHedgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to transfer my Banjo-Kazooie save with SaveMii WUTPort. I wanted to play it with the dark filter removed and with widescreen support, so I deleted the game and reinjected it with those options applied in UWUVCI.

Problem is, the original injection that has my save had a different titleID, so the save wouldn't carry over to the new injection. I started the new injection to generate a save, went to SaveMii and backed it up along with my original save, then went to my PC and replaced the 800008 folder from my old save to the new one, and then back to SaveMii to restore the save.

When I started the game, it just showed static on the suspend point. Tried loading my save from the restore point, and it was frozen. I reset the game to load the save manually, and there's no save there. What am I doing wrong? Tried this multiple times.

I've even tried changing the meta.xml through FTP to match the old titleID so it could pick the save up, and changed the folder names to the id as well. But launching the game gave me the 19-1999 error. Had to re-install the inject. I'm quite flustered and upset because I have no idea how to get back to my save data. Any solutions?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aren't UWUVCI saves completely independent from the Wii U title ID and stored on the SD card anyway? In case it's not try to restore the individual save only but not the shared save. Also change the folder to the ID of your user.

SyrusHedgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't UWUVCI saves completely independent from the Wii U title ID and stored on the SD card anyway? In case it's not try to restore the individual save only but not the shared save. Also change the folder to the ID of your user.
No
N64 games run on the Wii U VC, so the saves get stored on wherever the game is installed, in my case, the USB.

And the folders are named after the game's title ID. Tried doing that already, Which is why I got that error.

SyrusHedgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I finally figured out how to do it! I found out I needed to start the game so it creates the save, then shut off the console to prevent the restore point from being created. Then head to saveMii and do the usual backing up, and move only the .sav I wanted to the backup folder and then restore it. Save works like a charm now.

Reactions: leejaclane

MelMellon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Commenting here to save this for later. I feel like this is something thats really not given much attention with Wii U homebrew, I'm still very much in the dark on how save data and the software its attached to intermingle and how to move it about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto