Help needed for transferring save to wii VC using Savemii

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am attempting to transfer a save to a wii VC inject on my wiiU using SaveMii. I'm having a problem, and I'm sure there's something that I'm doing wrong.

First, I downloaded a save for this game from the internet. It was a .wii file so I converted to .bin using the Wii Powersave tool. Then I backed up the save of my game using SaveMii. The backup was saved to the SD/WiiU/Backup folder. I then deleted that backup, and replaced it with the .bin that I had downloaded from the internet. Then I went back onto SaveMii, clicked the game, and clicked restore save. Then I booted up my game and unfortunately, the save that I downloaded didn't take. The game continues to use my previous save instead of the save I downloaded.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks

Also, I would find the save myself through the WiiU files but couldn't find it and that's why I'm using SaveMii. I can find saves from gc, wiiU, ds, etc, but I couldn't find where wii VC injects are located. SaveMii works for finding the Wii VC inject.

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I am attempting to transfer a save to a wii VC inject on my wiiU using SaveMii. I'm having a problem, and I'm sure there's something that I'm doing wrong.

First, I downloaded a save for this game from the internet. It was a .wii file so I converted to .bin using the Wii Powersave tool. Then I backed up the save of my game using SaveMii. The backup was saved to the SD/WiiU/Backup folder. I then deleted that backup, and replaced it with the .bin that I had downloaded from the internet. Then I went back onto SaveMii, clicked the game, and clicked restore save. Then I booted up my game and unfortunately, the save that I downloaded didn't take. The game continues to use my previous save instead of the save I downloaded.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks

Also, I would find the save myself through the WiiU files but couldn't find it and that's why I'm using SaveMii. I can find saves from gc, wiiU, ds, etc, but I couldn't find where wii VC injects are located. SaveMii works for finding the Wii VC inject.
Looks like there’s some cache issues going on, right after restoring the save, unplug the console for a few seconds. Btw, which version of savemii are you using? I think I fixed caching issues in mine

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like there’s some cache issues going on, right after restoring the save, unplug the console for a few seconds. Btw, which version of savemii are you using? I think I fixed caching issues in mine
I think I'm using your version actually. Unless yours is the one for Tirasmisu in which case it's Im not using that one (tirasmisu exploit) for a multitude of specific reasons

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the unplugging trick, for a few minutes even, did not work
Post automatically merged:

From looking at Savemiis sources the save should be at slccmpt01:/title/[TidHigh]/[TidLow]/data/

For the Rest: CC @Xpl0itU
What does Tidhigh and low mean? I see numbered folders within the title folder. And I don't see any saves in the folders either

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is Xpl0itUs version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savemii-wut-port-wii-u-vwii-savefile-manager.608824/

IIRC it was Tiramisu only in the past but Haxchi support had been added due to high demand from the community.

//EDIT: IIRC Maschell told one time that it needs 30 (or was it even 60?) seconds to invalidate all caches after unplugging from wall power.
Nope, haxchi support was added and then removed due to it being required for the speed improvements (fatfs)

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It’s always recommended to use the latest version, so please, switch to tiramisu, all your homebrew will still work
Unfortunately that's not an option for me.

Anyway, do you have any other ideas? Firstly, do you know exactly where wii VC saves are stored (file directory-wise)? Because if I can't use Savemii to perform this action, maybe I can go ahead and do it manually through FTP

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Unfortunately that's not an option for me.

Anyway, do you have any other ideas? Firstly, do you know exactly where wii VC saves are stored (file directory-wise)? Because if I can't use Savemii to perform this action, maybe I can go ahead and do it manually through FTP
Again, what’s not letting you not switch to tiramisu?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe go the official route, the data.bin files? that's if you're having problems. I transferred all my saves from the wii to the wii vc, which uses the vwii save locations, before savemii even existed. ;)

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe go the official route, the data.bin files? that's if you're having problems. I transferred all my saves from the wii to the wii vc, which uses the vwii save locations, before savemii even existed. ;)
I was trying to go this route using ftp. But I couldn't find where to put the data.bin save file. I found the locations for my wiiU games, and my gamecube games, but not for the wii portion. Everyone says "wii VC saves in the same folder as vwii saves" but I couldn't find where either of those are located after hours of searching online

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the data.bin method is how it's officially done. you've gotta go into the vwii, then sd card management. that's what I'd suggest if you can't get whatever you're doing to work. btw, you don't ftp them. the system will put them in the right place.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the data.bin method is how it's officially done. you've gotta go into the vwii, then sd card management. that's what I'd suggest if you can't get whatever you're doing to work. btw, you don't ftp them. the system will put them in the right place.
Oh I understand now, I've tried this and I got the message "The data cannot be moved/copied".

Now I'm wondering if the reason none of this works is because I don't have my vWii hacked, only the wiiU. Is this a requirement for Savemii, Saviine, etc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games have copyright protection. for those, you can use save manager gx, but they require a save already on the system.

if you already have a save on the console, and it's not cp, remove it. it will add the information to the indexer, so you don't need a save already on the system. that's for the data.bin saves.

it's most likely not copy protection, because the copy button would be greyed out.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some games have copyright protection. for those, you can use save manager gx, but they require a save already on the system.

if you already have a save on the console, and it's not cp, remove it. it will add the information to the indexer, so you don't need a save already on the system. that's for the data.bin saves.

it's most likely not copy protection, because the copy button would be greyed out.
Yeah the copy wasn't greyed out so it's probably not copyright protected. But copying and moving didn't work as per the error msg i shared earlier.

About Save Game Manager, I'm under the impression that this is WiiWare, is this correct? Does my vWii need to be modded to install this? Or can I just install it through VC inject or WUP Installer?
I'm asking because the last thing I want to do is brick my vWii since my vWii is not modded

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the copy wasn't greyed out so it's probably not copyright protected. But copying and moving didn't work as per the error msg i shared earlier.

About Save Game Manager, I'm under the impression that this is WiiWare, is this correct? Does my vWii need to be modded to install this? Or can I just install it through VC inject or WUP Installer?
I'm asking because the last thing I want to do is brick my vWii since my vWii is not modded
save manager gx is an app. it's mostly useful for region changing or copy protection saves. I'm assuming yours did that because you had a save already on the system.

maybe if you already made all those saves, try the method @V10lator mentioned with the data.bin files. I didn't know they were in that format on the system as well. I thought it was like the ps4 or something. anyway, that should bypass copy protection anyway.

btw, you can translate the tid low by putting the four digit name with the data.bin in a hex editor. it will be the hex version of the title id.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto