Wii softmod 4.3 with hbc, can you play games online?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by dean.b, Nov 25, 2012.

Nov 25, 2012
    • Newcomer

dean.b New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, new to this forum and was wondering if you can play downloaded,backup games online via your usb hdd, i have my will soft modded and i do use the online feature to google and download game covers, but never played games online because of the fear off being banned. Today i thought a try a game out and went to play cod black opp 1. whilst going though the muiliplayer mode to go online it said it needed to be update to play online, i was not sure weather it meant to update the game or the software, so i turned off the console and i thought i would ask the forum first just to be sure? :huh:

TyBlood13 *Shitty Title Here*

Message Count:
    Australia
    yes you can, i play Mario Kart and brawl off my hdd all the time
    • Newcomer

dean.b New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    So is it safe to do the updates the games request?

Message Count:
    Australia
    it would appear that you did not do the latest update, but to do it on a modded system, use a wad manager and install Wii Shop channel v21 and IOS 62, that was all that was change in the last update, it didn't even change the system update number (4.3).
    • Newcomer

dean.b New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    sorry if i sound a bit slow but i`m new to this, i never updated anything since owning my wii or modding it, only just connected the wifi for the first time last week. would there be any other files i would need to do first and how would i go about doing this? :)

Message Count:
    Australia
    • Newcomer

dean.b New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    looks scary for a newbie, can`t you do the updates normally or is to dangerous?

Katsumi San New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    The Call of Duty:Black Ops for the wii require you download an update for the game, not the Wii system. So you will not have to worry about it. The only reason you need to download the update is because of the patching(though it has not received a patch in a while) it uses to go online. It will not affect your Wii at all. Well it make you have less save memory but eh =p

Edit: Same goes for MW3 for the Wii, it will ask you to download an update for the game as soon as you go to online.
    • Newcomer

ScreamingBeast New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    I've recently started playing Conduit 2 from a backed up copy and it works well, it asked to be updated the first time I've been online and I did. 7-8h of online multiplayer later, everything seems okay.

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    if you only ever modded your wii once a while ago i would suggest you use modmii to mod your wii assuming its a never been modden that way , without having to explain to you step by step here , you will if you follow the guide be totally upto date with mods and good to go for playing games from your USB HDD , also the usb loader will download covers for you and display them.

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Message Count:
    United States
    As long as you don't cheat online, you can game just fine. If you're caught, you'll get a permanent ban.

driverdis I am Justice

Message Count:
    United States
    I play online all the time on Mario Kart Wii via a USB loader, been doing it for years. on 4.2U
    AS long as you follow what the_randomizer said,

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    YUP, even the needed update for some game to play online are enabled without any hiccup.
    COD series, Conduit, PES etc. DO NOT CHEAT.
    • Newcomer

Anous New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    I have played some Conduit 2 online and it's really fun! Works like magic with my softmod!
    • Newcomer

MajorFoley New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    hi guys, about 5 months ago i brought a wii (black model) and i used the letterbomb softmod on it, and its currently on 4.1E.
    my questions are related to online play, do i need to be on 4.3 to play games online (mario kart and that etc.)
    2. do you download updated when the game says it required update to run (i did it with skyward sword with no problems but if other games ask should i do it?
    3. if i do need to update to play online, how do i do it? (softmodding wii isnt my strong point ive done it more easily with a PSP CFW)

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    no there's no need to be on a higher sm.
    disc updates come from discs, has nothing to do with online play.

SPONSORED LINKS