Hacking Wii Mod

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Have tested v2.8 that it can enable AHBPROT and very stable (no code dump)
no matter network is available or not.

Good job, jskyboo.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Superb. This is exactly what I have wished for since the AHBPROT bug was discovered. Thank you very much jskyboo and davebaol !

Lenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.data-hosting.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you jskyboo ! Another great work with this update =)
Why don't you put an updater on the next releases (2.9) ?
tongue.gif
I think it's a good idea, no ?
Do you have a shared mediafire folder with all of your releases and source code of wiimod ?
If you want a new forwarder, tell me what you want
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my f*cking bad english (belgian english powered™ xD )

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lenneth said:
Thank you jskyboo ! Another great work with this update =)
Why don't you put an updater on the next releases (2.9) ?
tongue.gif
I think it's a good idea, no ?
Do you have a shared mediafire folder with all of your releases and source code of wiimod ?
If you want a new forwarder, tell me what you want
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my f*cking bad english (belgian english powered™ xD )
I've thought about doing an update feature but to do it I would have to have a central location for Wii Mod, like putting it on google code. And since its just me developing it I haven't really needed many of the reasons to switch to google code, like a scm. Maybe I'll think about switching, but with just me how I develop now is simple and it works fine.

I don't have a shared folder, or at least I don't believe it is shared and if any finds out otherwise let me know. I don't have a shared folder once again just for simplicity. Since I have started, each release just needed a storage place on the internet and mediafire has always worked but I was always open to moving to a different host if I found another I liked more or mediafire went down or whatever.

If you want to create a new forwarder or anyone for that matter or even create a new icon for Wii Mod, feel free to post your ideas. I'm open to submissions and if I find one I like more I would switch. Don't worry about your english, I understand you just fine.

crazyrabbit0

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Everything seems to be working fine on this version (2.8), I tested the AHBPROT flag on custom IOS and it worked like a charm.
However, I found a bug in this version that didn't exist in the previous version (2.7), it's about the WAD Manager feature.
When choosing USB storage device, the contents are not displayed correctly (SD works fine), just unreadable characters and zero-byte files are displayed.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazyrabbit0 said:
Everything seems to be working fine on this version (2.8), I tested the AHBPROT flag on custom IOS and it worked like a charm.
However, I found a bug in this version that didn't exist in the previous version (2.7), it's about the WAD Manager feature.
When choosing USB storage device, the contents are not displayed correctly (SD works fine), just unreadable characters and zero-byte files are displayed.
Hmm well so much for the new devkit, looks like I may have to switch back to the previous devkitppc for 2.9. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for letting me know.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
I got some error on start up

failed to get tmd size tid 281480735900232
failed to get tmd size tid XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

then wii mod loads....and yeah when selecting usb in wad manager you get code and if you scrawl down changelog/readme(that what it looked like)

Great app thanks for the work put into it

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Now on the System Menu install menu you can choose the IOS required to run the System Menu and you can choose the version it is installed as to prevent a official update from replacing it. The System Menu install menu also now will check if the IOS is patched and if not try to install it to prevent a brick.

According to this statement anyone can now just reinstall their System Menu and choose the highest version number and also choose it to run off of IOS222 or 249 possibly 250; am I correct in my understanding?

The thing is I have recently followed Mauifrogs SoftMod Guide so I myself have a modified System Menu, but with this function everyone would be able to benefit; say they used ModMii to soft mod their Wii, now all they would have to do is reinstall which ever System Menu they wanted?

Also what is the highest version number acceptable for such a task?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you implemented the AHBPROT fix so quickly. I have a request, would it be possible to display in the ios menu what version of cios is installed like CFG does? I don't know if you've seen it but CFG now lists what version the cios is (d2xv6 for example) and it also lists the base ios.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
Now on the System Menu install menu you can choose the IOS required to run the System Menu and you can choose the version it is installed as to prevent a official update from replacing it. The System Menu install menu also now will check if the IOS is patched and if not try to install it to prevent a brick.

According to this statement anyone can now just reinstall their System Menu and choose the highest version number and also choose it to run off of IOS222 or 249 possibly 250; am I correct in my understanding?

The thing is I have recently followed Mauifrogs SoftMod Guide so I myself have a modified System Menu, but with this function everyone would be able to benefit; say they used ModMii to soft mod their Wii, now all they would have to do is reinstall which ever System Menu they wanted?

Also what is the highest version number acceptable for such a task?

Yes, that's correct. Although I probably wouldn't recommend running your SM off of those cios, it would better to use a more simple patched IOS that you don't plan to replace whenever the cios are updated. Also since those cios are not based off of SM IOSs they maybe missing needed function, maybe not but it isn't something you want to be wrong about. The highest version allowed is 65535 and is one of the default options in the selector.

QUOTE(DGenerateKane @ Jul 15 2011, 11:33 PM)
Glad to see you implemented the AHBPROT fix so quickly. I have a request, would it be possible to display in the ios menu what version of cios is installed like CFG does? I don't know if you've seen it but CFG now lists what version the cios is (d2xv6 for example) and it also lists the base ios.
Is it possible? well yes, will I do it? Hmm Im not sure how CFG does it but if it is anything like how it is done in the syscheck mod that does it then probably not. The way it is done in the sys check is they take the hash of all those cios and lookup the IOS against that list, like what I do to check if an IOS is a clean Nintendo IOS or a stub. The reason why I'll do it for Nintendo's IOSs and not the cios is, the Nintendo IOSs are a list everyone can agree we are interested in having in the tool, CIOS on the otherhand since they are an ever expanding list and it is harder to decide if each new IOS should or shouldn't be added. Maybe CFG has a smarter way of identifying them, but not likely. And keeping a great database of cios is not really what I want to add to the code.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
jskyboo said:
Is it possible? well yes, will I do it? Hmm Im not sure how CFG does it but if it is anything like how it is done in the syscheck mod that does it then probably not. The way it is done in the sys check is they take the hash of all those cios and lookup the IOS against that list, like what I do to check if an IOS is a clean Nintendo IOS or a stub. The reason why I'll do it for Nintendo's IOSs and not the cios is, the Nintendo IOSs are a list everyone can agree we are interested in having in the tool, CIOS on the otherhand since they are an ever expanding list and it is harder to decide if each new IOS should or shouldn't be added. Maybe CFG has a smarter way of identifying them, but not likely. And keeping a great database of cios is not really what I want to add to the code.

AFAIK, davebaol added an additional content (*.app) file to the cIOS, which contains the version info. You could ask oggzee how does he identify and/or read the info from that file, and then print it on the screen.

The hashes method are only being applied to old cIOSes.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, after messing with wii mod without ahbprot enabled, just to check some things, I noticed that if a wad gets an install error (I tried installing a cios with a non patched ios, and I tried installing a lower version signed ios), it immediately crashes. I would assume if a user has a bad wad file the wii would behave the same way when using ahbprot mode as well. I don't have any corrupt wad files (and I don't know how to make one), or else I would try it
smile.gif

-Erik

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
AFAIK, davebaol added an additional content (*.app) file to the cIOS, which contains the version info. You could ask oggzee how does he identify and/or read the info from that file, and then print it on the screen.

The hashes method are only being applied to old cIOSes.Yeah so that would work for the new d2x cios but for the others its not so simple. I'll look into it but its low priority right now. If there is enough interest I'll make it a higher priority but for right now I have other things in mind.

QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Jul 18 2011, 01:51 PM) Hey, after messing with wii mod without ahbprot enabled, just to check some things, I noticed that if a wad gets an install error (I tried installing a cios with a non patched ios, and I tried installing a lower version signed ios), it immediately crashes. I would assume if a user has a bad wad file the wii would behave the same way when using ahbprot mode as well. I don't have any corrupt wad files (and I don't know how to make one), or else I would try it
smile.gif

-Erik
Thanks for letting me know, it will be fixed in the next release.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo said:
PabloACZ said:

The hashes method are only being applied to old cIOSes.Yeah so that would work for the new d2x cios but for the others its not so simple. I'll look into it but its low priority right now. If there is enough interest I'll make it a higher priority but for right now I have other things in mind.

QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Jul 18 2011, 01:51 PM) Hey, after messing with wii mod without ahbprot enabled, just to check some things, I noticed that if a wad gets an install error (I tried installing a cios with a non patched ios, and I tried installing a lower version signed ios), it immediately crashes. I would assume if a user has a bad wad file the wii would behave the same way when using ahbprot mode as well. I don't have any corrupt wad files (and I don't know how to make one), or else I would try it
smile.gif

-Erik
Thanks for letting me know, it will be fixed in the next release.

If you could include a summary menu upon completing install, it would be nice, kinda like yawmm.

-Erik

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried using this to install a modified system menu? I'm thinking of installing a Modified SM(4.3U) into slot 150 and seeing how everything works out.

You guys don't think this will effect homebrew or anything else? I know Priiloader hacks might not work due to a higher revision number or a different IOS slot being used; perhaps cause of both reasons it wont work.

I'll give it a go later if noone has tried this yet.

Hey thanks for the app+ I've definitely switched over from using MMM to your app permanently.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post.
I just installed a new System Menu 4.3 v65535 running on IOS 111; here are the steps I took.
Dumped both IOS60 & System Menu IOS (using WiiMod v2.8 of course)
Choose base IOS 111 (to remember more easily)
Select System Menu Version: 65535
Downloads System Menu 513 successfully!
Changing Version to 65535
-Changing required IOS to 111
Installing System Menu. Successful!

-MultiModManager displays the following System Menu v(null) on IOS111
-WiiMod v2.8 displays
>System menu 65535
>System menu v0.0U on IOS 111
Reinstalled PreFiix for precaution

All homebrew seems to work; official update does not effect system Menu (still on IOS111)
Priiloader hacks do not work
frown.gif

Reinstalled System Menu backed-up as 0-1-02; & IOS60-64-v54321 (MauiFrogs IOS60 Modified)
Returning to System menu aftr this now puts me back at PreFiix
frown.gif

Restoring Wii with Bootmii @boot2
tongue.gif
thank you team twizzer
tongue.gif

Does anyone know why after reinstalling the system menu and mauifrogs modified IOS, it did not return to how it was befor?
If you want me to try anything let me know; FYI I can test things at night cause im quite busy during the day. (TIME ZONE=Easter-5)

Thanks for the timely response.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
If you could include a summary menu upon completing install, it would be nice, kinda like yawmm.

-ErikSure, I'll have something similar in the next version.

QUOTE(kylster @ Jul 19 2011, 10:06 PM) Sorry for the double post.
I just installed a new System Menu 4.3 v65535 running on IOS 111; here are the steps I took.
Dumped both IOS60 & System Menu IOS (using WiiMod v2.8 of course)
Choose base IOS 111 (to remember more easily)
Select System Menu Version: 65535
Downloads System Menu 513 successfully!
Changing Version to 65535
-Changing required IOS to 111
Installing System Menu. Successful!

-MultiModManager displays the following System Menu v(null) on IOS111
-WiiMod v2.8 displays
>System menu 65535
>System menu v0.0U on IOS 111
Reinstalled PreFiix for precaution

All homebrew seems to work; official update does not effect system Menu (still on IOS111)
Priiloader hacks do not work
frown.gif

Reinstalled System Menu backed-up as 0-1-02; & IOS60-64-v54321 (MauiFrogs IOS60 Modified)
Returning to System menu aftr this now puts me back at PreFiix
frown.gif

Restoring Wii with Bootmii @boot2
tongue.gif
thank you team twizzer
tongue.gif

Does anyone know why after reinstalling the system menu and mauifrogs modified IOS, it did not return to how it was befor?
If you want me to try anything let me know; FYI I can test things at night cause im quite busy during the day. (TIME ZONE=Easter-5)

Thanks for the timely response.
I can't speak for PreFiix as I have yet to try it but yeah Priiloader doesn't seem to like applying the hacks to a System Menu above 518(4.3K). I don't see why it couldn't it's likely something the developer of PreFiix could change.

As for your system menu not restoring, when you said "Dumped both IOS60 & System Menu IOS" did you mean you dumped your system menu to wad and then tried to reinstall the wad later? If so was PreFiix installed at the time?

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
I got some error on start up

failed to get tmd size tid 281480735900232
failed to get tmd size tid XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

then wii mod loads....

is this error on my end or wiimod

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I can't speak for PreFiix as I have yet to try it but yeah Priiloader doesn't seem to like applying the hacks to a System Menu above 518(4.3K). I don't see why it couldn't it's likely something the developer of PreFiix could change.PreFiix has the hacks built in already so I was assuming the I would get the same response if I reinstalled Priiloader due to my previous experiences.

QUOTEAs for your system menu not restoring, when you said "Dumped both IOS60 & System Menu IOS" did you mean you dumped your system menu to wad and then tried to reinstall the wad later? If so was PreFiix installed at the time?
I dumped both using WiiMod v2.8 the System Menu gets dumped as 00000001-00000002, but no PreFiix was installed after all this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.