Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

onsokamaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xiphiidae said:
onsokamaru said:
Little question, If I use NUSD to download the new shop channel (v17) and install it as a WAD on a 4.1u, will it work? Do I need something else?
You're better off using WiiSCU.

WiiSCU insist on downloading/installing v16 of the shop channel. Guess I'll have to wait for a WiiSCU update that adds v17 to it database.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've used WiiSCU earlier today and the Shop Channel's worked fine for me.
I believe the point of WiiSCU is to download and install the highest version number from the NUS servers.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lonegreyride said:
Ossot said:
I love how people get all butthurt when they post on forums where one of the main focuses is piracy. Then in a thread about how an update hurts piracy they get lumped into the same category as the other pirates and get mad about it.

It's like standing outside a burning building dressed as a fireman, then getting all pissed when someone assumes you are.

"woah woah woah buddy, ya i'm outside the burning building. Ya i'm dressed as a fireman. But i'll have you know that not EVERYONE is a fireman. Some people actually do other things. Jesus christ, you insensitive fuck."
No, it's like people confusing onlookers for firemen outside the burning building, even though they're wearing nothing to indicate that they are a fireman.

No .. No it's like firemen confusing burning people with, well .. other people who are not burning but could be if they were .. well you know .. like hotter.

WTF has this thread descended into
biggrin.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, installed the Shop Channel with WIISCU (+Trucha IOS61),

scb4v9.jpg

Epic fail, Nintendo...the only thing that maybe would make me update. Face it, you can't stop homebrew now...

As we know, this update brings absolutely nothing feature-wise, so you might as well go ahead and do this, then forget about 4.2.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
G0dLiKe said:
Download with NUSD

IOS56 - Title ID: 0000000100000038 V: 5405
IOS57 - Title ID: 0000000100000039 V: 5661
IOS70 - Title ID: 0000000100000046 V: 6687

SM4.2 - Title ID: 0000000100000002 V: 450 (PAL), 481 (USA)

Patch them with FreeTheBugs

Install them to your Wii via WADManager...

Enjoy SM4.2

Can this be confirmed by anyone?

doing this will immediately delete your Homebrew channel (and possibly other unauthorized channels)
There is absolutely no chance that FreeTheBug is working with an unreleased system menu version, coding is not magic...
Even if you don't care about HBC being deleted, it *might* reintroduce the trucha bug into IOS56/57 but I wouldn't touch IOS70 either if I were you, high risk of bricking your system menu by corrupting the main IOS

QUOTEEpic fail, Nintendo...the only thing that maybe would make me update.

This makes me laugh when people like you think they owned the world just by using a few tricks. This is not "epic fail" at all, this is epic move from Nintendo , on the contary, as it shows they are not afraid anymore to delete installed channels and maybe someday IOS. Saying, "hey, I got you Nintend$$, I'm still on 3.2" is out of the subject, later updates *might* become more necessary than you think.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope nothing ever happens to my Wii/SD Card/Hard Drive. I don't know if I could afford the effort it would take to bring myself back to the point that I am currently at. No other console has received this much non gaming attention from me. I don't think that there is a more interesting console.

The reaction from others who would never have a thing to do with the Wii (because of it supposedly being childish) by leaving it on scrolling pictures from failblog and such is priceless. And of course a million other examples. It's too bad that more of my friends have not take the interest in the console that I have. I enjoy 360 and PS3 as well but they just seem so standard and bland to me right now.

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if pre-loader options to block disc updates also blocks a system menu update? With WC24 on, will the system still prompt for the update and if so, will pre-loader block it if you hit "yes" to the update? My kids are what worry me when updates come out.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
dogmanky said:
Does anyone know if pre-loader options to block disc updates also blocks a system menu update? With WC24 on, will the system still prompt for the update and if so, will pre-loader block it if you hit "yes" to the update? My kids are what worry me when updates come out.
It won't automatically prompt for the update, lol.

QUOTE said:
QUOTEEpic fail, Nintendo...the only thing that maybe would make me update.

This makes me laugh when people like you think they owned the world just by using a few tricks. This is not "epic fail" at all, this is epic move from Nintendo , on the contary, as it shows they are not afraid anymore to delete installed channels and maybe someday IOS. Saying, "hey, I got you Nintend$$, I'm still on 3.2" is out of the subject, later updates *might* become more necessary than you think.

I'm on 4.1.
Anyway...
No, I'm sorry, but they most probably won't. Unless Nintendo pulls off some new extra features, you can just install a new IOS/channel version and there you go, problem solved. That applies even if you buy games, like I do (just block disc updates with favourite tool).

But, anyway, 4.2's gonna get cracked in a few days.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dogmanky said:

Well it blocks DISK Updates, nothing more.

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlackEnigma said:
I hope nothing ever happens to my Wii/SD Card/Hard Drive. I don't know if I could afford the effort it would take to bring myself back to the point that I am currently at. No other console has received this much non gaming attention from me. I don't think that there is a more interesting console.

The reaction from others who would never have a thing to do with the Wii (because of it supposedly being childish) by leaving it on scrolling pictures from failblog and such is priceless. And of course a million other examples. It's too bad that more of my friends have not take the interest in the console that I have. I enjoy 360 and PS3 as well but they just seem so standard and bland to me right now.

Best console ever, homebrew-wise imho:
3455053546427362_l.jpg

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow .. this thread kills me. More speculation than the Grammy's.

Anything that can be engineered, can be reverse-engineered. Give the normal suspects some time, and 4.2 will be nothing more than a number.

Either way, continue on everyone. Makes for some good comic relief today.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dogmanky said:

You don´t need to block only thing that happens is you get a message from them is something like this "BLA BLA Update 4.2 BLA BLA Start Update ? Yes No"

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marice said:
BlackEnigma said:

Best console ever, homebrew-wise imho:
3455053546427362_l.jpg

smile.gif
I knew someone was going to say it.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mousex said:
Ossot said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
Get NUS Downloader and FreeTheBugs...

Download with NUSD

IOS56 - Title ID: 0000000100000038 V: 5405
IOS57 - Title ID: 0000000100000039 V: 5661
IOS70 - Title ID: 0000000100000046 V: 6687

SM4.2 - Title ID: 0000000100000002 V: 450 (PAL), 481 (USA)

Patch them with FreeTheBugs

Install them to your Wii via WADManager...

Enjoy SM4.2

I think the real question is.. why?
Because future games will make use of the new IOSes? Ok, I know, you don't buy games, all your games run from IOS222 or 249 but some people (me included) actually buy some of their games and a retail game doesn't use IOS249. The Systemmenu update is really useless at the moment but a IOS can't harm I guess.

You also can left the SM4.2 update and only install the new WADs. The Games won't mind.

onsokamaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:

scb4v9.jpg

Epic fail, Nintendo...the only thing that maybe would make me update. Face it, you can't stop homebrew now...

As we know, this update brings absolutely nothing feature-wise, so you might as well go ahead and do this, then forget about 4.2.

I did this and still the shop channel ask me for update =( (I'm on 4.1U using WiiSCU 0.21).
Anyone knows why?
Damn it Nintendo! I want to spend my wiipoints! I want to GIVE you money!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
onsokamaru said:
skawo96 said:

scb4v9.jpg

I did this and still the shop channel ask me for update =( (I'm on 4.1U using WiiSCU 0.21).
Anyone knows why?
Damn it Nintendo! I want to spend my wiipoints! I want to GIVE you money!

You need that trucha´d IOS 61...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries