Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having followed this thread from the beginning, I can safely tell you about some important information leaked from a minor member of staff at nintendo japan...

....most of you are f'ing idiots
lol what was the leaked info? that we're f'ing idiots?? lol! didn't take an insider at nintendo to come to that conclusion
rofl2.gif

redsrule2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: And breaking the terms of service doesn't mean they can break your product. Say, if I use a car's engine to cook food, it doesn't give the car maker the right to come round and smash my car. It jsut means it's not their fault if my engine explodes or similar.

Then don't update, and you are right. They can't send a Nintendo rep to come destroy it.

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those who don't want to update and have a problem with people who did update... STFU. Don't update if you don't want to. Save you lectures because no one is going to listen.

NOW....

leanwithitrockwithit.jpg

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Worst thread ever. 38 pages and maybe three posts total that contain factual/helpful information related to the topic.

And now I've just added to it.
frown.gif

Perhaps this info will be useful to someone - the GameCube MaxDrive and MaxDrive Pro discs will not load directly after updating to 3.0U.

captaineos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL WII, Australian launch model. Firmware 2.2E then modded with WiiKey, and updated to 3.0E

Works like a charm, no warning message about modification

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gday,

I have yet to update to 3.0E. Still running 2.2E on my Wii.

I read somewhere that the 3.0 update fixed their corrupt gpu problems (I find that hard to believe though).

My Wii has the green pixel artifact problem. Not much I can do about it now, since I have a WiiKey installed in it.

Anyone else have corrupt gpu problems, and if so, has it been fixed with the 3.0 update???

hate2.gif

EnigmaticMystery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick poll:

Assuming Nintendo can detect modchips and there are no legal issues, does anyone think that Nintendo is likely to deliberately brick Wiis?

Aricado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just a quick poll:

Assuming Nintendo can detect modchips and there are no legal issues, does anyone think that Nintendo is likely to deliberately brick Wiis?
I think that the bricking can only be done to the OpenWii chips or Chiip ones..Also I think that bricking from update might have been done by accident to this new update.The new update is just blocking some boot and configuration disks for modchips(100% sure for that)..But about the fact of accidentally bricking by nintendo I can't confirm this.I just guess that because the new firmware changes the read speed of the drive and maybe there is a conflict while updating that info with the Chiip or OpenWii and result in crappy firmware that cannot boot....

Just a thought..

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deliberate bricking ... never. Accidental because it's modded, sure.

Anyhow, this weekend I'm going to take my OpenWii out, upgrade, and put it back in. And watch -- it'll work fine. But I'm gonna sue Nintendo anyway because the fictions some people have posted are "illegal".

... and by "sue" I mean bitch about them pointlessly on forums.

zif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From a post at wiinewz on how to deal with the news error.

QUOTE said:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/5...ect24-fix.html

1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.
thanks for posting this:D
but will it deal with this particular error because i can't seem to find any reference to it and certainly nothing before yesterday?
if you search the internet nothing. if you search on here you get anything in this thread that has been mentioned and they only (so far from my search on gbatemp) seem to be this code on wiikeys.
i would like to see how many other people with wiikeys have checked the news channel (when they had already checked their console) to see if they have this error also, when they have said their console was fine.
for gods sake though do be aware before you install the mod chip or do the update that this is happening.
i do not want to be responsible for anyone ruining their console by asking them to check it but it seems to me it's a problem already exsisting.
so all i'm doing is asking people when you say your system is fine did you check the news (and other) channels before you said it was ok?
DO NOT connect it to wii connect 24 just to pacify me in anyway it's not what i'm asking.
I have the NEWS000006 error too, and I have a Wiinja Deluxe, so it's not just Wiikeys.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to personally thank Nintendo for creating the chaos known as the "Wii-Hacking" section. I'd also like to smack to who ever thought those posters how to read...well in this case how NOT to read.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Technically, everyone in this thread who is talking about the European, Austrailian, or Japanese updates are offtopic, since the title of this thread is ****Wii Firmware 3.0U**** And yes, it did take me x amount of days to finally realize this.

And I'm not sure, so don't start yelling at me, but is it possible, that Nintendo can release a new firmware for our drivechips D2A, D2B, etc that stops the wii from sending power to the two points all drivechips use for power? Kinda curious, the answer is 'probably not' tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k