Wanting to Recover a "Dead" Wii with a corrupt System Menu.

v1p3r_hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I know I'm gonna get a bunch of flack for wanting to do this but hear me out.

I'm doing some research on a wii we got in at my Job and have found that it boots, syncs, but will display no signal to output no matter what cable I use. I have checked the bluetooth and wifi module, and they both work. The ultimate goal rn would be to get it to boot with video.

I have read that in order to get a video out, that is handled by the System Menu portion of the boot process. I was curious if there was already a script or a way to script the homebrew install process and IOS install process to get it to reinstall a working System Menu IOS. As of right now I can try to navigate via audio cues between channels or just run the bluebomb exploit to start the process but don't want to kill this thing more than it already is.

I am open to options and ways to debug this and try to fix it! Thanks in advanced!

FOR REFERENCE THIS WII HAS NOT BEEN MODDED BEFORE!

v1p3r_hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you rest assured its a software issue and not a hardware failure?
well from what I've read, its usually still alive if you can hear audio in the menu and I can. (had to hook up a PS3 to get it to try pulling audio when its not able to display video)

Attachments

• 2023-02-04 at 21.23.42.mp4
    15.3 MB

v1p3r_hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my dumbass has put this off for too long but i think i have finally had a Eureka moment! I just realized that the console MAC address is correlated to the wifi module on the wii (the one with the two attenaes attached to it). This would allow me to get the MAC address i need to launch a letterbomb exploit and have it install everything (while using sound as my main navigator because PAIN), and then get a nand dump that way. it would allow me to also import a nand dump as well allowing me to recover the system. Weird ass workaround and prob just could change the payload entirely for letterbomb but im lazy and would rather do it this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.