imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Technically, everyone in this thread who is talking about the European, Austrailian, or Japanese updates are offtopic, since the title of this thread is ****Wii Firmware 3.0U**** And yes, it did take me x amount of days to finally realize this.

And I'm not sure, so don't start yelling at me, but is it possible, that Nintendo can release a new firmware for our drivechips D2A, D2B, etc that stops the wii from sending power to the two points all drivechips use for power? Kinda curious, the answer is 'probably not' tho.
NOTE: I'm not asking out of concern or anything, I do have a modchip, and I personally think that Nintendo is entitled to making modchips not effect the system. However I do not think they are allowed to brick or in any way harm the system or modchip. But then again, I don't want another huge debate.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else notice that, if you search for "Wii firmware 3.0" on google, this thread is on the first page ? =D

I think we should be proud !!! [/offtopic]

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
- Forcast Channel Icon (once you click on it)- Now displays the weather without having to enter the channel
huh.gif
im pretty sure that's always been there

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, Just wanted to say that I had my PAL Wii updated with Wiikey, and everything works fine, uncluding the channels and backups. I had my wiikey installed when I ordered the Wii, so I had no problems with channels before.
Never used ntsc-u update on my PAL Wii.

Hiro_x2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
US NTSC, wiikey, GC2-DMS chipset, updated fine, no news errors, or loading problems or anything. (except the install disk that everyone has problems with that can be rebuilt).

didnt add anything new to the convo, but figured I'd add that another install happened w/o any known issues atm.

Jannibal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a self made Chiip with OpenWii on it. And I can say that everything works as a charm for me. No problems with originals, backups or backups from a different region.

So I would say that if you have OpenWii it's clear to go ahead and update your Wii to 3.0.

//Jannibal

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just updated my PAL wii from 2.2E to 3.0E.
Tested ALL my backup before and after the firwware.
All of them worked before.
After : Zelda The wind Waker ntsc won't boot (black screen).
Wiikey setup disk won't boot.
Action replay won't boot.
My two version of GCOS won't boot ("an error has occured", even with the one people say they use to boot their wiikey setup disk).

I can't understand what the hell happened to zelda.
Baten kaitos origin ntsc still boots perfectly fine.

EDIT : From what i'm reading, i went to 2.2E directly to 3.0E second version. It would seem that they have blacklisted GSOS too
unsure.gif
I'm burning a 3rd version to test.
EDIT: Third one was the good one, and zelda does boot via GCOS.

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THE BIGGEST WTF EVER
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I read some post here, so I have decided to update my Wii (Canadien Wii with WiiFree).

The update was finish, all was normal, exept ONE thing, I CAN'T READ ANYMORE MY BACKUPS GAMECUBE AND WII.
mad.gif

I did the update before (with all the stuff, clock and everything) and now, with the stupide inthernet channel, I can't play anymore with my games .
mad.gif

I try: Mario Strickers, Wii play, Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7&8. No one was working

Anyone can help me plz. I NEED HELP. :'(

Edit:

What can I do now ?

QUOTE said:
New update today !
It fix Internet Channel.
And I'm assuming it's still fine with all the working modchips on the previous update right?

No, not me !

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So apparently, with this new update,
wiikey doesn't seem to be harmed,
some gcos don't work anymore
wiifree may have been bricked.
Scary
frown.gif

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
After coming home today my Wii was flickering, a new msg from Big N arrived, another update............

It seems to fix some hang issues, any 1 more info about it?

Chronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent been playing my wii ever since super paper mario and im still on 2.2U with a wiikey (real) and i noticed an update occurred twice.. is it recommended to update or not bcuz from what i am reading the update now doesnt allow you to play gc or wqii backups? so without updating can i play like the new releases that are coming out or can i still do wiibrickblocker on them...i intend to stay on 2.2 so i can play my games i have now..

any help would be appreciated..ty

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Take your WiiFree chip out and reflash it with any of the firmware's that are available online. That should fix it.

THE BIGGEST WTF EVERÂ
mad.gif
Â
mad.gif
Â
mad.gif

I read some post here, so I have decided to update my Wii (Canadien Wii with WiiFree).

The update was finish, all was normal, exept ONE thing, I CAN'T READ ANYMORE MY BACKUPS GAMECUBE AND WII
mad.gif

I did the update before (with all the stuff, clock and everything) and now, with the stupide inthernet channel, I can't play anymore with my games .Â
mad.gif

I try: Mario Strickers, Wii play, Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7&8. No one was working

Anyone can help me plz. I NEED HELP. :'(

Edit:

What can I do now ?

QUOTE said:
New update today !
It fix Internet Channel.

And I'm assuming it's still fine with all the working modchips on the previous update right?

No, not me !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2