Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having followed this thread from the beginning, I can safely tell you about some important information leaked from a minor member of staff at nintendo japan...

....most of you are f'ing idiots

I too have been following this thread and cannot find what your talking about. I haven't been here too long, but show us the proof.

In reference to the bricking Nintendo could possibly do, its not legal for them to outright make your machine a paper weight. People have the right to put a modchip in their Wii. They will just lose the warranty on the system, meaning you are no longer protected by Nintendo for a repair. If Nintendo were to wipeout everyone's machine, they can be sued and will be, I am pretty sure, especially in America where people sue for the most ridiculous. Once the machine is bought, it becomes property of the owner, and the owner can do as they wish with machine. People have provided many examples using examples such as cars. It's like buying a new PC and putting your own Video Card in (or adding something) and the company that originally produced the PC, says you can't use that product in our system, so guess what, we send you a virus over the internet that will cause the Video Card to malfunction and stop working completely.

They cannot do that. Nintendo has the right to stop modchips by upgrading firmware with codes that can disable a modchip or AR. They cannot destroy so that it becomes unusable. For example someone you bought a PIC as a modchip, Nintendo cannot destroy it, they have every right to remove the PIC and use it for something else.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see. Well I don't have a freeloader anyway and I don't cheat on my games. But just to be sure, I'll wait for tomorrow, have my console modded and then upgrade. Thanks for clearing this up 
grog.gif

don't forget to turn off your wifi 24 settings before modding or your channels will mess up, i don't know if it's too late to warn you though.
It wasn't !!! Thanks a lot for the warning, I completely forgot about that
biggrin.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
it would be pointless of you to have posted the point of "bleh bleh mod chips are legal in australia". the legality doesn't protect your australian wii or anyone else's in austalia for that matter.
nobody asked for your life story i just gave you a piece of advice as a precaution (and advising anyone else with a "legal" modchip for that matter).
rolleyes.gif

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it would be pointless of you to have posted the point of "bleh bleh mod chips are legal in australia". the legality doesn't protect your australian wii or anyone else's in austalia for that matter.
nobody asked for your life story i just gave you a piece of advice as a precaution (and advising anyone else with a "legal" modchip for that matter).
rolleyes.gif

Can we drop the debate on Australia and modding laws and get back to topic. I have nothing against either one of you. It is just getting old.

wlof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we drop the debate on Australia and modding laws and get back to topic. I have nothing against either one of you. It is just getting old.
Agreed. If some of you are so desperate to examine their possibilities to sue Nintendo, I suggest creating another thread and leave this one to people who actually want to discuss the technical changes brought by the new firmware.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country

laugh.gif
yeh it was kind of tired when it was put up for debate around 10 pages (or more) back.

can someone answer me this question though? if this person (i'll quote it's easier)
I installed the update with no issues but after I installed mu WII KEY and I can't get updates from the news channal.

I get the error NEWS000006

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this????
what now is the use of people trying (even after they know there's going to be issues) to put mod chip their machines?
would it not be more advisable for these people to wait and actually see what the makers of such chips have in store to combat such things happening (if it's at all possible)?

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From a post at wiinewz on how to deal with the news error.

QUOTE said:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/5...ect24-fix.html

1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(at this point, nothing proves they can even detect modchips).
Just to contradict myself, it seems that modchips are definitely, and easily detectable, and that chip maker's claims of stealth are BS: http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Drivechip#Drivechip_Detection

Thought this might interest some people...
bow.gif
thank you for pointing this out.
this is very interesting.

mad.gif

Do you ever stop... that post and your post mean NOTHING! I wasnt even going to post on this forum since it seems to be full of KIDS talking about offtopic rants and raves
rolleyes.gif

wiili.org has no idea of what THEY can do with firmware or updates. Just another site trying to play like they know what they are taliing about.

You tell people to give it a rest but then youre there doing the same thing, please just grow up!!! You add nothing to this topics so please STOP!

JUST A REMINDER TOPIC IS = ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

Not your own legal forum where you show you know nothing regarding legal at all
rofl2.gif

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
European Wii with Wiikey, updated. plays everything fine.

cheers

Please don't put people on the wrong track. Only say that everything plays fine if you actually tested everything, which you obviously didn't. Because if you did test everything than you would have found out that Action Replay doesn't work anymore and the freeloader and so does the official WiiKey setup disc.

well done, rightly said.
this is a piss poor attempt at point scoring people AND you know it.
did the person mention that they had an action replay or freeloader to begin with............no. so don't expect the answers to questions the person may not be able to answer. they said they had a wiikey, nothing more.
rolleyes.gif

i will say this i would like to know what this persons interpretation of "everything" with the wiikey is?
smile.gif

i'm sure everyone else would like to know did your setup disc work?
did you try to connect to any of the channels you have and were all the connections without the errors mentioned in this thread?
how many games have you tried so far?
thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Another rant and rave from the sheboy herslef... Please step away from the keyboard and call it a day????

I hate when people try to play mod or god in this case
rolleyes.gif

PS:
Your sig pic is pretty hot but to bad you wish that was you
wink.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
From a post at wiinewz on how to deal with the news error.

QUOTE said:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/5...ect24-fix.html

1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.
thanks for posting this:D
but will it deal with this particular error because i can't seem to find any reference to it and certainly nothing before yesterday?
if you search the internet nothing. if you search on here you get anything in this thread that has been mentioned and they only (so far from my search on gbatemp) seem to be this code on wiikeys.
i would like to see how many other people with wiikeys have checked the news channel (when they had already checked their console) to see if they have this error also, when they have said their console was fine.
for gods sake though do be aware before you install the mod chip or do the update that this is happening.
i do not want to be responsible for anyone ruining their console by asking them to check it but it seems to me it's a problem already exsisting.
so all i'm doing is asking people when you say your system is fine did you check the news (and other) channels before you said it was ok?
DO NOT connect it to wii connect 24 just to pacify me in anyway it's not what i'm asking.

dtg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(at this point, nothing proves they can even detect modchips).
Just to contradict myself, it seems that modchips are definitely, and easily detectable, and that chip maker's claims of stealth are BS: http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Drivechip#Drivechip_Detection

Thought this might interest some people...

bow.gif
thank you for pointing this out.
this is very interesting.

mad.gif

Do you ever stop... that post and your post mean NOTHING! I wasnt even going to post on this forum since it seems to be full of KIDS talking about offtopic rants and raves
rolleyes.gif

wiili.org has no idea of what THEY can do with firmware or updates. Just another site trying to play like they know what they are taliing about.

You tell people to give it a rest but then youre there doing the same thing, please just grow up!!! You add nothing to this topics so please STOP!

JUST A REMINDER TOPIC IS = ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

Not your own legal forum where you show you know nothing regarding legal at all
rofl2.gif

i agree!

Aricado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK I confirmed the OpenWii 2.2 firmware.It works perfect after the 3.0E update.But you have to 1st remove the chip from your wii to prevent bricking.Though an OpenWii user said that he updated his wii with his chip inside and there was no problem.Anyway to prevent any danger removing the homebrew chip is better and safe before updating.I also checked all my games (backups and originals)and everything's working like before.

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK I confirmed the OpenWii 2.2 firmware.It works perfect after the 3.0E update.But you have to 1st remove the chip from your wii to prevent bricking.Though an OpenWii user said that he updated his wii with his chip inside and there was no problem.Anyway to prevent any danger removing the homebrew chip is better and safe before updating.I also checked all my games (backups and originals)and everything's working like before.

better to be safe than sorry!!!!
biggrin.gif

campioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i never claimed that they can do it, i said IF they wanted to they could because when you go online you have already agreed to nintendos end user license agreement posted in part below

If they wanted to? They can't do it or they wouldve already. You call that facts? Thats not fact thats just useless blabber, but you're an expert at that so I just leave you to it. I never talked about disabling modchips, I was talking about bricking consoles, so dont tell me to learn to read. I also said that you should stop calling people names on boards like this, rather do it in real life if you have the balls (which you prolly dont). Oh btw someone said something about something Wii-ish being illegal/legal. Quick, your mighty blabber powers are needed!

Trolls...gotta love 'em
wink.gif

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i never claimed that they can do it, i said IF they wanted to they could because when you go online you have already agreed to nintendos end user license agreement posted in part below

If they wanted to? They can't do it or they wouldve already. You call that facts? Thats not fact thats just useless blabber, but you're an expert at that so I just leave you to it. I never talked about disabling modchips, I was talking about bricking consoles, so dont tell me to learn to read. I also said that you should stop calling people names on boards like this, rather do it in real life if you have the balls (which you prolly dont). Oh btw someone said something about something Wii-ish being illegal/legal. Quick, your mighty blabber powers are needed!

Trolls...gotta love 'em
wink.gif
Being a newbie with a small amount of posts, you have very terse and demeaning language. Are you hear to share valid information in appropriate posts, or just here to debate?

This goes to everyone here that is acting like this:

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

That is my last post on this off-topic stuff since anymore would make me a hypocrite and just like those as above.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Trolls...gotta love 'em 
wink.gif

Keep telling yourself that, dear, if it makes you feel better. Because in this conversation, you're the troll.
biggrin.gif
do you want to point him in the direction of a web page that might tell him the differences in anatomy in men and women because veho i really can't stop laughing long enough to do it?
oh by the way campioni when you go through your posts to correct your spelling mistakes do feel free to get them all.
ok can we quit with the sniping because i'm bored.
rolleyes.gif

now having read enough in this thread to give you a rough guide, have you made up your mind about your chip yet and whether you should update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk