Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4,

I have been doing some extensive testing.
including the ultimate test : I handed my mouse and keyboard to a noob and watched him as he was trying your app..

it is a pretty convincing piece of software you are building. I hope you will get to implement a few things from your todo list.

if you are looking for suggestion here are a few more :
- when a game is selected could you turn the whole line to gray.. it is much easier then to parse a list
- sortable columns (but I believe it has been asked already)
- folder history (when selecting a folder keep 3-6 quick access folder)
- recursive folder for iso/ciso... some people like to keep things clean.
- some way to get connected directly to wiitdb when click on the game.. could be an extra column with the link, or right click on the game, which will open the browser
- some export functions (TXT and/or HTML)
- a search box, or a filter box
- a setting to "minimize main window when copying games", this way we only keep the copy progress bar.

these are just a few ideas.. obviously you don't need to implement them all.
but I believe it is better to give you suggestion as early as possible during the project start, so you sort them out and pick the one you like.

Cheers,
R

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i vote for the suggestion :

* Export function (HTML/TXT)
* rename id_title.txt with title.txt file from wiidb (some id_title.txt are realy saying nothing ..8) )
* hold a "i allready have" list of HDDs and titles (Games) ... just to have an overview which games we already own ...8)
(maybe sorted in release numbers an Region - there are some Collectors out there ...)

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had time to try the app yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Oggzee tool worked great, but I'm not that great with command line apps.

I'm definitely hoping for a way to export a list of games to a csv list that can be brought into excel or something.

Thanks for the work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i'm sure they'll come up with something, in the meantime u can do the following

create a text file in the directory where all your games are saved

open it

copy and paste the following:
dir > wiigamelist.xls

save the text document

rename the document's extension from .txt to .bat

double click the .bat file

it will create a file called wiigamelist.xls, which will list all the files the folder.

obviously this method isn't great, but hopefully it will tide u over

madsap

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I have been testing this nice tool. But I have also discovered a minor bug in 0.1.6.
Start the program. Select the Drive 1 tab, press the Drive button selecting eg Drive (E:).
The games on the drive shows up, but pressing the Drive button once again will result in a repeating msgbox saying "List index out of bounds (0)".
Keep up the good work
smile.gif

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've a sugestion: It would be realy nice when your app can remember the iso's at the iso screen! So when I start up, all my iso's at my Wii folder wil be displayed!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I planned on adding more before the next release, but that index out of bounds error was quite major IMO. It was something really simple too. Version 0.1.7 is on the main post.

BTW, don't think I'm being rude if I don't reply personally to you. Believe me, I'm taking all the suggestions on board and appreciate the testing that everyone has taken the time to do. I'm so used to using newsgroups where it's easy to reply to everyone and quote each subject you're replying to. This is quite a busy forum too.
smile.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4,

I can talk only for myself.
but don't worry about answering our suggestion.
you have been answering for every bug, and that's what really matter.

as long as you update the first post every once in a while so we know what you are planning/hoping to implement I am pretty sure everybody will be fine.

I will be testing 0.1.7 later.. right now I am copying a bunch of game on a fat drive and I plan to re-extract them to check everything went fine.

Cheers,
R

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the sorting facility...haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it's VERY welcome!

*edit* Now "on the fly" copying from one drive to another would make this THE PERFECT tool!

It's around 95% perfect just now. Thanks for all of the GREAT work btw!

I'm soooooooooooo greedy ha ha!

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
i'm sure they'll come up with something, in the meantime u can do the following

create a text file in the directory where all your games are saved

open it

copy and paste the following:
dir > wiigamelist.xls

save the text document

rename the document's extension from .txt to .bat

double click the .bat file

it will create a file called wiigamelist.xls, which will list all the files the folder.

obviously this method isn't great, but hopefully it will tide u over

Yeah it works, but as you said it's very crued.

Thanks though it's a starting point.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I should probably include some instructions from now on..

1. Click the Drive 1 tab. Click Drive, then .

If you want to use a non-USB or non-FAT32 drive for temp storage of the .wbfs file, then go to options->settings and untick "Show USB drives only" and tick "Allow any file system....", click OK and repeat step 1..

2. Once you have your drive selected and the wbfs folder is created, click the ISO Tab. Select Add->Files (or folder). Select your ISOs (or ISO folder).

3. Copy selected to..->Drive 1

That's about it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Edit: I've been working on a template system for exporting the game lists.The file here has an example and explanation of it.. The example output is a file actually generated using the example template. Using these templates you should be able to output the data in any format you like, text, html, xml etc.. I can easily add more tags if anyone has suggestions.

Edit 2: I think I should add an option on the ISO page "copy selected to..->wbfs file" so you can simply open an ISO and convert it to a .wbfs. For people that don't want to work with the list views.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
I should probably include some instructions from now on..

1. Click the Drive 1 tab. Click Drive, then .

If you want to use a non-USB or non-FAT32 drive for temp storage of the .wbfs file, then go to options->settings and untick "Show USB drives only" and tick "Allow any file system....", click OK and repeat step 1..

2. Once you have your drive selected and the wbfs folder is created, click the ISO Tab. Select Add->Files (or folder). Select your ISOs (or ISO folder).

3. Copy selected to..->Drive 1

That's about it. Let me know if you have any problems.

That worked great.

fig2k4 said:
Edit: I've been working on a template system for exporting the game lists.The file here has an example and explanation of it.. The example output is a file actually generated using the example template. Using these templates you should be able to output the data in any format you like, text, html, xml etc.. I can easily add more tags if anyone has suggestions.

I'm going to mess with that tomorrow, thanks.

QUOTE(fig2k4 @ Nov 5 2009, 08:43 PM)
Edit 2: I think I should add an option on the ISO page "copy selected to..->wbfs file" so you can simply open an ISO and convert it to a .wbfs. For people that don't want to work with the list views.

That would be really nice to have.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
First up - GREAT program!

There's one thing that I've noticed tho'

When I use it to make a .wbfs into an ISO the final size is 4,685,037,568 bytes.

I thought that the size of a WII ISO had to be 4,699,979,776 bytes

Keep up the good work!

zeroclash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
I've a sugestion: It would be realy nice when your app can remember the iso's at the iso screen! So when I start up, all my iso's at my Wii folder wil be displayed!

I wish for this as well...keep up the good work

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just posting some successful news

added a couple of games to a fat32 drive

everythings working fine
playing COD MWR flawlessly!

a67543210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried transfering 130 games from WBFS to FAT32. The results were some games having multiple copies of different sizes. One file ending with .wbfs, the second file ending with .wbf1, third, .wbf2. All the files (.wbf1, .wbf2 etc) have a file size less than the .wbfs file .

Why are there multiple files. Are the other ones temp files that should be deleted? Is this a bug?

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a67543210 said:
I tried transfering 130 games from WBFS to FAT32. The results were some games having multiple copies of different sizes. One file ending with .wbfs, the second file ending with .wbf1, third, .wbf2. All the files (.wbf1, .wbf2 etc) have a file size less than the .wbfs file .

Why are there multiple files. Are the other ones temp files that should be deleted? Is this a bug?

It is not a bug, and they are not temp files. The .wbfs files are limited to 2gb in size, if the game partition is larger than this then you get the .wbf1, wbf2, etc files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo