Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:
I used -r but the disks works at startup... 001 error however.
But now I can't edit the 2nd main.dol file...

ah hah, i knew it! this 001 error message only happens when you use dvd-r dual layred disc, it dosn't happen when you use dvd+r dual layred discs for some reason. as for edting the dol file, make sure you should extract a fresh iso, don't use the same iso that you have burned to the disc, so if you haven't deleted orignal iso use that iso and copy it to another part of your hard drive and modify that just in case you make a mistake you won't have to download the game again.

matthewd997

Trophies
XP
Country
damn! damn! damn!

my wii isn't chipped and i live in europe!!!!

nintendo have gotta get there act together...

Now i gotta ship out £9.99 for a wii freeloader! ( i refuse to get it chipped)

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
Viictoriio said:

ah hah, i knew it! this 001 error message only happens when you use dvd-r dual layred disc, it dosn't happen when you use dvd+r dual layred discs for some reason. as for edting the dol file, make sure you should extract a fresh iso, don't use the same iso that you have burned to the disc, so if you haven't deleted orignal iso use that iso and copy it to another part of your hard drive and modify that just in case you make a mistake you won't have to download the game again.
Ah ok!
Anyway, I allready got a 'new' iso and still don't see the line...
Edit the following value in a hex editor: 0X1F2293 Change 0C to 04
Can't find F2293 anywhere...

Any specific instructions?

Oh wait... your saying that even if I manage to edit the main.dol the disk will still give the error because it's -R?

Guess I'll run to the shop and get some Verbatim DVD+R DL disks anyway.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just found out the size is 81 x 100MB (Though I new it was 8gb, just how many rar files there were).

Going to get this soon, hopefully it works on Wiikey.
yaynds.gif

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Viictoriio said:
Or could imgburns' problem be that I wanted to burn at 2.4 speed... it seems he's burning at 4x right now...

Some newer discs actually don't support burning at 2,4x unless the drive uses a recent hacked firmware, so even if you set it to 2,4x it would still burn at 4x speed.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Viictoriio said:

I didn't bother playing the jap version but I thought it was only the D2C owners that had to manually enter the layer break. I seem to remember that it wouldn't work and that turned out to be the fix but wiikey users could just burn it and play.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Pado said:
Viictoriio said:
Or could imgburns' problem be that I wanted to burn at 2.4 speed... it seems he's burning at 4x right now...

Some newer discs actually don't support burning at 2,4x unless the drive uses a recent hacked firmware, so even if you set it to 2,4x it would still burn at 4x speed.

Yeah, I've tried a lot of disks and I can't burn below 4x, if I do it just errors before it starts with my Liteon

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:
Ah ok!
Anyway, I allready got a 'new' iso and still don't see the line...
Edit the following value in a hex editor: 0X1F2293 Change 0C to 04
Can't find F2293 anywhere...

Any specific instructions?

Oh wait... your saying that even if I manage to edit the main.dol the disk will still give the error because it's -R?

Guess I'll run to the shop and get some Verbatim DVD+R DL disks anyway.

dosn't the hex editor program have a search feature or something?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Hardcore Gamer @ Mar 10 2008, 04:14 PM) I didn't bother playing the jap version but I thought it was only the D2C owners that had to manually enter the layer break. I seem to remember that it wouldn't work and that turned out to be the fix but wiikey users could just burn it and play.

is that so? as i just kept hearing that people who didn't use te custom layer break and burned it just got a white screen when the tried to boot the disc, i need to be sure as i ony have 1 dual layer disc on me now, i won't be able to get anymore untill wendsday at least, i have a launch Wii and wiikey btw.

zaneiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blank DVDs should really be burned at their rated speed, rather than 4x for single layer or 2.4x for dual layer. Write strategies on DVD±RW drives are optimised for higher speeds (eg 16x).
The reverse was true for CD media, where burning at lower speeds resulted in more reliable discs.

johny69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
adiabatic said:
Second Attempt
1. Got the game
2. Followed the Trucha Signer Instructions available on this site
Burned with Verbatim DVD+R DL at 4x with ImgBurn and that custom Layerbreak #
3. Inserted
4. Wii told me it needed to update
5. Updated to 100%
6. WORKING WOOT!

Didn't work for me
frown.gif

I have a 3.1E Wii Pal with Wiikey 1.9g and I did exactly what u did. The update finished 100% but when I run the game I get black screen, although I can hear the drive loading etc like normal but no screen. I press buttons on the Wiimote and the drive loads something but I still get black screen
frown.gif

---EDIT---
WORKING.... I changed my Wii to 50Hz display and it worked HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

HoiHman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would someone please give me a step by step guide.

I've a PAL wii 3.2E with wii-key 1.9G

Do I risk bricking my wii with the update on the USA Smash Brawl disk ?

Could some please post a step by step guide with the files needed to change the update.inf or post the "updated" update.inf

If just one person would post a good step by step guide, then not everybody has to ask the same questions again and again.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Was a drunk, or did i really find 18 video modes for this?!!

Changed all the NTSC modes to corresponding PAL modes.

:-)

Will test tonight, should be fine though.

Also did the drive check hack and update hack.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
I didn't bother playing the jap version but I thought it was only the D2C owners that had to manually enter the layer break. I seem to remember that it wouldn't work and that turned out to be the fix but wiikey users could just burn it and play.

is that so? as i just kept hearing that people who didn't use te custom layer break and burned it just got a white screen when the tried to boot the disc, i need to be sure as i ony have 1 dual layer disc on me now, i won't be able to get anymore untill wendsday at least, i have a launch Wii and wiikey btw.

I guess it doesn't hurt to enter the layer break anyway I suppose but that was the fix for d2ckey users. I remember the caravan dvd9 wouldn't work on anyone's d2ckey but the original game would whereas the opposite was true for wiikey owners, original wouldn't work but the copy would.

I thought it was a bad release at the time but the layer break made it work for d2ckey users. I still have 4 hours left on the D/L, I have a d2ckey so I guess I'll be entering the layer break.

UnnamedAssassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to burn a dual layer with layer break:
Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9, click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer

Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD.

-I believe this is right, if not, someone speak up.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
aligborat69 said:
Was a drunk, or did i really find 18 video modes for this?!!

Changed all the NTSC modes to corresponding PAL modes.

Will test tonight, should be fine though.

Also did the drive check hack and update hack.

could you please update in this thread if the game works in 480p pal mode please? thanks, and i'm going to apply the custom layer break anyway, just incase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c