Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Shiranui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so weird that even after 22 pages, we, PAL users don't get a normal guide to how to make this game work. I'm not saying it should be obvious but come on, this SSBB we're talking about, probably the most anticipated game of the year, so please, someone, take a moment of your time to help us 'cause I didn't really understand anything...

Thanks.

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can a kind person post some steps for PAL wii users with wiikey ?
What progrs do we have to use? Trucha signer, regionfrii, bickblocker or we don't need them ?
Also, can we play it in PAL 480p ? I see posts with 50Hz only.
Thank you in advance.

Juli1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have Cyclowiz. I ever said it´s the best chip on the market
tongue.gif

Well here in the area I can´t get Verbatim Double Layers
hate2.gif

Deekman

Trophies
Website
www.deaconross.com
XP
Country
Canada
SoNiC1023 said:
Deekman said:
Would it be possible to make a super teeny tiny rip boot disk for those of us with wiikeys that baught the real game?

My idea would be to rip EVERYTHING unessential from the ISO; movies, music, sfx everything you can and then just use this totally stripped dvd5 version as a boot disk. So as soon as the game loads up we quickly swap out the boot disk with the real thing.

Would anything like this even be possible or is it just a pipe dream?

Yea thats what I was thinking. Would there be an app that could do this because if there is I would be up to the challange because I feel bad downloading a game I bought and it feels like a waste of money now.

No sorry I thought that may be a bit misleading I meant there is a DVD5 of the US version my previous post has been updated to avoid future confusion.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juli1000 said:
You can´t just burn it. You first have to remove the videos.

Um, you can't just "remove the videos". If you had any idea how the DVD5 and DVD9 releases worked, or how Trucha Signer worked, you wouldn't say things like this.

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomobobo said:
Juli1000 said:
You can´t just burn it. You first have to remove the videos.

Um, you can't just "remove the videos". If you had any idea how the DVD5 and DVD9 releases worked, or how Trucha Signer worked, you wouldn't say things like this.

So the only thing trucha signer can do is edit files and not delete them? Im gonna have to go and read up on this tool then.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Scorpin200 said:
dual layer lol might as well buy the damn thing.

I keep reading how expensive dual layer blanks are on here but in Rip Off Britain where we pay £1.10 for a litre of fuel and £5 for a pack of ciggies, I can buy a 10 pack of DL's for £10. What's the deal here?

Drejjmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why do my wii sound like a harvester when i put in a copy of this Release (Dual Layer)?
biggrin.gif

Getting "Game Disc Could not be read" when i start the game

Wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got it running on my pal wii
replaced the update.ini with the modified jap. update.ini found here in the forums
changed region to PAL
and burned it with imgburn and layer break to 2084960 on a verbatim dvd+r dl with 2.4x speed
works only in 50hz mode

and btw its not MULTI

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiilly said:
just got it running on my pal wii
replaced the update.ini with the modified jap. update.ini found here in the forums
changed region to PAL
and burned it with imgburn and layer break to 2084960 on a verbatim dvd+r dl with 2.4x speed
works only in 50hz mode

and btw its not MULTI

Is there a reason why you changed the region to pal? I thought it worked on pal regardless.

Also, why did you replace the update.ini? Was that just to avoid dupes? If I already have them is it safe to just let it update anyway?

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drejjmit said:
why do my wii sound like a harvester when i put in a copy of this Release (Dual Layer)?
biggrin.gif

Your Wii laser needs cleaning so it can read a DL dvd....

Wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hardcore Gamer said:
Is there a reason why you changed the region to pal? I thought it worked on pal regardless.

Also, why did you replace the update.ini? Was that just to avoid dupes? If I already have them is it safe to just let it update anyway?

first i burned it without changing the region and it didnt start

i didnt want to have duplicate channels thats why i removed the update
and there are no dupe chans
smile.gif

if you already have them i think there is no difference

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gjac1 said:
Drejjmit said:
biggrin.gif

Your Wii laser needs cleaning so it can read a DL dvd....

In other words, you're screwed. I don't have any evidence to back this claim but, some Wii's just don't have the laser calibrated in the way it needs to be to read Dual-Layer Wii disks. You're either going to have to send it into Nintendo so they can kindly "clean" your "dirty" laser for you, or figure out the difference between the Wiis that can and can't play the Dual-Layer disks and modify yours accordingly.

Muri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
(Correct me if i am wrong)

Pal users Wiikey already with the duplicate channels:

You can burn the game on a DL dvd with the right layer brake configured.. and play it... but i guess you'll have to do the update (if there is any), and regionfrii is not necessary cause wiikey has already a region unlocker...

if you dont have duplicate channels, i suggest you run WiiBrickBlocker_v1_3R2 on the ISO to delete the update on the disk

if you have any other chips (without region unlocker) i suggest you run regionfrii on the iso (i ALWAYS run regionfrii so even when not necessary on NTSC games)...

I have heard all of this from a friend who is already playing it...gonna try now.. i'll let you guys know.

Muri

NeoWoeN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only 50Hz ? ...c'mon...

After playing a lot of time in 60Hz, i just can't play it in 50hz, it's too.. well, i can't.

Too bad, i'll wait for the Pal release.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardcore Gamer said:
Scorpin200 said:
dual layer lol might as well buy the damn thing.

I keep reading how expensive dual layer blanks are on here but in Rip Off Britain where we pay £1.10 for a litre of fuel and £5 for a pack of ciggies, I can buy a 10 pack of DL's for £10. What's the deal here?

That's because they apparently haven't priced DL blanks in 5 years. They're dirt cheap now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1