Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Embarko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone tell me how to use newsgroups? (i got the 3 day trial from hitnews.eu and i got GrabIt! but i dont know what to do now! thanks for ur help guys...i really wanna play today!)

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dydy said:
Ok also no risk ?
smile.gif

Follow the instructions i gave you and no risk
smile.gif

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to burn on a Verbatim DVD-R DL... Imgburn sais:
Cannot set the layer break position when burning on DVD-R DL media.

Now what? Continue anyway or...?

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Viictoriio said:

Now what? Continue anyway or...?Continue. It might just work.

QUOTE(Inpression @ Mar 10 2008, 04:01 PM) Do I have to rename ProphSSBB.inf to update.inf, or does it happen automatically?
It happens automatically

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:

Have you set the layer break to 2084960 ??

Rhythmic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dydy said:
gjac1 said:
dydy , it will say that it is updating and go through the update procedure but because the file has been patched it wont actually be updating anything, but your game will think it has
smile.gif

OK gjac1
wink.gif
this persuades the game is updated is this? and no risk if if make the complete update no duplicate channel ?

If you've taken all of the bits of the update out then how does it remember that it's been 'updated'?

I guess its early days, but what happens with this rogue code that's being installed to the system, and can nintendo block it/future updates?

Also, if i've got a PAL console which has been fully updated to 3.2 then had the full SSSB japan update installed on it (rather than 15%) will i need to run an update again? Will this give me triple duplicate channels if the disk doesn't have the update removed? Or can i just use brickblocker to get rid of the update because the code has already been installed in the japanese version?

leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone managed to exchange the japanese language files with the english ones in the japanese version, so you can play the american game and still use your old save? If yes, please tell us how
biggrin.gif

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I dont wanna look all over those pages again. If that`s the case please just post the link to the post.
Cheers

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or could imgburns' problem be that I wanted to burn at 2.4 speed... it seems he's burning at 4x right now...
In 20 minuten I'll know if it works...

Yes I set the layer break position gjac1 but I don't know if imgburn it writing it properly now... we'll see.

zaneiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:

DVD-R DL has a fixed layer-change point, regardless of the content being burned to the disc. Use DVD+R DL instead.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rhythmic said:
dydy said:
gjac1 said:
dydy , it will say that it is updating and go through the update procedure but because the file has been patched it wont actually be updating anything, but your game will think it has
smile.gif

OK gjac1
wink.gif
this persuades the game is updated is this? and no risk if if make the complete update no duplicate channel ?

If you've taken all of the bits of the update out then how does it remember that it's been 'updated'?

I guess its early days, but what happens with this rogue code that's being installed to the system, and can nintendo block it/future updates?

Also, if i've got a PAL console which has been fully updated to 3.2 then had the full SSSB japan update installed on it (rather than 15%) will i need to run an update again? Will this give me triple duplicate channels if the disk doesn't have the update removed? Or can i just use brickblocker to get rid of the update because the code has already been installed in the japanese version?

The "check" that is used to tell your console that an update has been made is still installed but its just that, a check and nothing else, and as for future updates that block the use of these kinds of tricks well that we dont know, i guess at the moment its a risk people are willing to take...

GeRmAnSnAkE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a PAL Wii with WiiKey. Does anyone know if it runs without problems? In the JAP. version I had problems with the videos and crashes. And 480p didn't work.. can anyone confirm if its still in this version?

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zaneiken said:
Viictoriio said:

DVD-R DL has a fixed layer-change point, regardless of the content being burned to the disc. Use DVD+R DL instead.

yes that is true, sorry i didnt notice you where using -R media.....i would recommend +R in the future....

Rhythmic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gjac1 said:
Rhythmic said:
dydy said:
gjac1 said:
smile.gif

OK gjac1
wink.gif

The "check" that is used to tell your console that an update has been made is still installed but its just that, a check and nothing else, and as for future updates that block the use of these kinds of tricks well that we dont know, i guess at the moment its a risk people are willing to take...

Thanks for the quick reply, so i presume a full update would give me three sets of channels lol

Just a quick question then, did this update actually enable dual layer support of any kind or was it just a system check for its presence?

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gjac1 said:
zaneiken said:
Viictoriio said:

yes that is true, sorry i didnt notice you where using -R media.....i would recommend +R in the future....
So DVD-R DL is useless for the wii since you can't edit the layer break?
frown.gif
Those things were expensive!
Oh well, if it doesn't work I'll go get some +r then...

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:
gjac1 said:
zaneiken said:
Viictoriio said:

So DVD-R DL is useless for the wii since you can't edit the layer break?
frown.gif
Those things were expensive!
Oh well, if it doesn't work I'll go get some +r then...

It might not be useless and still work
smile.gif
, 2084960 is a pretty standard layer break position anyway so anything is possible , but IF it doesnt work you will need a +R DL media....but fingers crossed for ya
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(visualise-this @ Mar 10 2008, 03:15 PM)
How do i change the INT file or whatever with TrucherSigner. all seems so complicated.

QUOTE(iori-kyo-k @ Mar 10 2008, 03:19 PM)
What's with this "ProphSSBB.inf" everybody keep talking about ?

Search the Wii Hacking Forums for all your answers , and dont be put off, its all pretty straight forward

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf