Hacking Why Sky3DS gets 002-0123 even with a private header.

ManBeaPig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting this with Pokemon X and nothing else. All of my other games (Mario kart, smash bros, MHU4) are working fine. This is using a private header from MHU4. Any ideas?

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this with Pokemon X and nothing else. All of my other games (Mario kart, smash bros, MHU4) are working fine. This is using a private header from MHU4. Any ideas?

Are you sure the Manufacturer byte is the same in the header as well as the game? That's what it says in the first post.

JokerAirWick

Trophies
XP
Country
I been doing a lot of research on this and I couldn't figure it out.

So I got my own private header from a copy of MH3 I own.
My first try was with MH4U.
I put my private header in the latest base template I got from Sky3DS website. (template409.txt) where MH4U (CTR-P-BFGE) is.
I got the 002-0123.
So I did some search and someone was mentioning that instead of using the CART ID "C2 F0 00 90" from the template, use "45 F0 02 90".
Still got the same error.
And I tried a couple other private headers I got from a few other games I own also, no luck. (Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion, etc.)

Could someone point me to the right direction? Do I even need to mess with the EEPROM ID at all or do I just have the wrong CART ID setting?
Thanks!!

ManBeaPig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update on this for everyone. I believe Pokemon X is broken in the Sky3DS template as Pokemon Y works fine online!

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been looking into the template file, if you have a private dump of your game all the correct details will be at offset 0x1200 of the dumped image.
You need to make sure the CART ID is set like in that section along with the first 0x40 bytes that are unique to your original cartridge (don't give these bytes to anyone else)

If you have been banned already then you will get the error code, you might have to wait a couple of weeks before you can go back online, easy way to test is use your original game online. (that's if you really have one :unsure:)

ManBeaPig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been looking into the template file, if you have a private dump of your game all the correct details will be at offset 0x1200 of the dumped image.
You need to make sure the CART ID is set like in that section along with the first 0x40 bytes that are unique to your original cartridge (don't give these bytes to anyone else)

If you have been banned already then you will get the error code, you might have to wait a couple of weeks before you can go back online, easy way to test is use your original game online. (that's if you really have one :unsure:)

I have private headers and I am not console banned online :)

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have used Pokemon X myself and it seems fine.
Maybe the template patcher has corrupt the data.
Go to their website and get the file again.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been doing a lot of research on this and I couldn't figure it out.

So I got my own private header from a copy of MH3 I own.
My first try was with MH4U.
I put my private header in the latest base template I got from Sky3DS website. (template409.txt) where MH4U (CTR-P-BFGE) is.
I got the 002-0123.
So I did some search and someone was mentioning that instead of using the CART ID "C2 F0 00 90" from the template, use "45 F0 02 90".
Still got the same error.
And I tried a couple other private headers I got from a few other games I own also, no luck. (Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion, etc.)

Could someone point me to the right direction? Do I even need to mess with the EEPROM ID at all or do I just have the wrong CART ID setting?
Thanks!!

The EEPROM and CART ID for the game have to be correct to work.

Remember, after changing the header information inside the template, you need to select that template again inside the Diskwriter just to kind of "refresh" it.

And then after you write the game, rescroll through your games so that the Sky3DS itself can have the new updated information.

JokerAirWick

Trophies
XP
Country
The EEPROM and CART ID for the game have to be correct to work.

Remember, after changing the header information inside the template, you need to select that template again inside the Diskwriter just to kind of "refresh" it.

And then after you write the game, rescroll through your games so that the Sky3DS itself can have the new updated information.

How do I find the correct EEPROM and CART ID??
Hmm...I didn't rescroll through my games....maybe I need to try that after I get off work.

Thanks!!

uncjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to snag headers from someone from all 3 manufactures. Going to use no ban sky and add my c2 to them first then the rest.. Hope it works :/

is it strange that pokemon x and y are different manufactures? lol

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to do with the Cart ID and the Private Header.

The PH needs to have the same Cart ID as found in the templateXXXX.txt file.

C2 = Macronix
AE = OKI
45? = SanDisk

So let's say you have an original Pokemon ORAS cart. You pull the Private Header from it and you may use it on all OR/AS/X/Y. Because the manufacturer (Cart ID) is the same. I've also noticed that the unknown identifier is different for Pokemon and Smash Bros. Also make sure you're using the proper CARD1/2. Pokemon is a NAND game, so it's CARD 2.

Or let's say you don't know what Cart ID your PH belongs to? Ask yourself this: What game did the PH come from? Go find that game in the templateXXXX and check the Cart ID. That's the ID of your PH. You may use that PH for those Cart IDs only.

I have tried using SAK to change the Cart ID to match the PH and it doesn't work. You must match the PH to the Cart ID first, and use the PH that matches accordingly.

Am I making any sense?

Leave the Cart ID in Template alone. Try to match the PH to the cart ID in Template. Don't try to force Cart ID and PH into game.

EDIT: Pokemon X/Y have different Cart IDs? They shouldn't... might be the ROM you're using. Let me check...

No. All of OR/AS/X/Y use the same Chip ID and EEPROM ID. So all you need is a C2 header. If your ROM is reading a different Chip ID, then you're using the wrong ROM.

I cross checked:

All US versions:

Pokemon X: CTR-P-EKJA - C2 F8 00 98 - C2 22 13 00
Pokemon Y: CTR-P-EK2A - C2 F8 00 98 - C2 22 13 00
Pokemon OR: CTR-P-ECRA - C2 F8 00 98 - C2 22 13 00
Pokemon AS: CTR-P-ECLA - C2 F8 00 98 - C2 22 13 00

The C2 F8 00 98 is your Chip ID for all Pokemon ORASXY. As long as your header works on C2 (macronix) it should work on all your Pokemon games.

If any of your Chip ID or EEPROM ID is different, then you are using either a EU or JP and need a EU or JP Private Header that matches.

uncjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to do with the Cart ID and the Private Header.

The PH needs to have the same Cart ID as found in the templateXXXX.txt file.

C2 = Macronix
AE = OKI
45? = SanDisk

So let's say you have an original Pokemon ORAS cart. You pull the Private Header from it and you may use it on all OR/AS/X/Y. Because the manufacturer (Cart ID) is the same. I've also noticed that the unknown identifier is different for Pokemon and Smash Bros. Also make sure you're using the proper CARD1/2. Pokemon is a NAND game, so it's CARD 2.

Or let's say you don't know what Cart ID your PH belongs to? Ask yourself this: What game did the PH come from? Go find that game in the templateXXXX and check the Cart ID. That's the ID of your PH. You may use that PH for those Cart IDs only.

I have tried using SAK to change the Cart ID to match the PH and it doesn't work. You must match the PH to the Cart ID first, and use the PH that matches accordingly.

Am I making any sense?

Leave the Cart ID in Template alone. Try to match the PH to the cart ID in Template. Don't try to force Cart ID and PH into game.

EDIT: Pokemon X/Y have different Cart IDs? They shouldn't... might be the ROM you're using. Let me check...
I got all 3 manufacturers. Using no ban no sky it will just changed the header nothing else. This should work as long as a match up the manufacture? I use SAK to see what manf it is in the template than change the header with NoBanNoSky. But my pokemon x/y is different manufacturers...

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all 3 manufacturers. Using no ban no sky it will just changed the header nothing else. This should work as long as a match up the manufacture? I use SAK to see what manf it is in the template than change the header with NoBanNoSky. But my pokemon x/y is different manufacturers...

Here's what I did:
Make a copy of a DL ROM .3ds file that belongs to your Private Header.​
Open up ROM Patcher and put your private header into that ROM and patch it.​
Export the header. At this point you should only be exporting the Private Header, not the Chip ID or anything else.​
Now Open up NO BAN NO SKY.​
Use the header.bin file and template file and CONVERT TO ALL.​
Now all your games are using the same header -ONLY-. None of the Chip IDs or EEPROM IDs should have changed.​
Now repeat process for all three types of manufacturers. Apply the new ones individually and according to their Chip ID.​

Use NO BAN NO SKY with your C2 Macronix header first.

Then go in and single edit your OKI and SanDisk Private headers.

You need to know what game and region you got your Private Headers from. There are different templates for different regions. Make sure your headers match the IDs. (see above post)

I used my Kirby C2 PH to spam my template using NO BAN NO SKY. That worked.

Then I went in and used my Pokemon AS PH on all my Pokemon games. Worked. (But this will result in a Corrupt Savedata because it will now read as a new game)

Then I used my Smash Bros (AE OKI) on all my OKI games. Worked. However, be careful. Smash Bros does have a special Unknown Indicator. So it might not work on them all.

As for SanDisk, well... I don't seem to be using any games right now with SanDisk. So no problems there.

uncjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NO BAN NO SKY with your C2 Macronix header first.

Then go in and single edit your OKI and SanDisk Private headers.

You need to know what game and region you got your Private Headers from. There are different templates for different regions. Make sure your headers match the IDs. (see above post)

I used my Kirby C2 PH to spam my template using NO BAN NO SKY. That worked.

Then I went in and used my Pokemon AS PH on all my Pokemon games. Worked. (But this will result in a Corrupt Savedata because it will now read as a new game)

Then I used my Smash Bros (AE OKI) on all my OKI games. Worked. However, be careful. Smash Bros does have a special Unknown Indicator. So it might not work on them all.

As for SanDisk, well... I don't seem to be using any games right now with SanDisk. So no problems there.
That's basically what I was going to do. I got USA region headers and roms.. I have sky3ds so I couldn't have anything else haha. But my pokemon is still different manufacturer. Weird.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's basically what I was going to do. I got USA region headers and roms.. I have sky3ds so I couldn't have anything else haha. But my pokemon is still different manufacturer. Weird.

Those are headers straight from latest template. If your ROM is different, just check the C2 part. As long as it is C2 you should be okay.

Leave the manufacturer and EEPROM IDs alone. Instead, match your PH to the Chip IDs in template.

Foxi4 swears that you can inject the Chip ID with the PH that matches, but I had issues doing so. Kept getting 002-0123.

So you NEED a Macronix C2 header. The rest is a matter of matching PH to Chip ID. Chances are you won't have to. Depends on what game you're using.

You shouldn't get banned if using a PH. You WILL GET BANNED if using a GH. Fin. If you already got banned, wait till they lift the ban and use a PH from then on.

Make sure to use the proper region for your 3DS. Region also changes Chip ID and Manufacturer. Need to make sure you're using the right PH for them. This shouldn't be too much of a problem. As long as Chip ID and PH match. But you never know... they might have a list of what PH belong to what region and might ban you for it.

uncjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are headers straight from latest template. If your ROM is different, just check the C2 part. As long as it is C2 you should be okay.

Leave the manufacturer and EEPROM IDs alone. Instead, match your PH to the Chip IDs in template.

Foxi4 swears that you can inject the Chip ID with the PH that matches, but I had issues doing so. Kept getting 002-0123.

So you NEED a Macronix C2 header. The rest is a matter of matching PH to Chip ID. Chances are you won't have to. Depends on what game you're using.

You shouldn't get banned if using a PH. You WILL GET BANNED if using a GH. Fin. If you already got banned, wait till they lift the ban and use a PH from then on.

Make sure to use the proper region for your 3DS. Region also changes Chip ID and Manufacturer. Need to make sure you're using the right PH for them. This shouldn't be too much of a problem. As long as Chip ID and PH match. But you never know... they might have a list of what PH belong to what region and might ban you for it.

Im not on my windows partition so I cant check the Chip ID with SAK (Is this the best way to do this btw) Put i swear my pokemon are usa and have different manufactures. I got my headers from Tomodichi (AE) Splinter Cell (45) New super mario bros 2 (C2). Should I run into problems with chip id or eeprom or whatever? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1