Hacking Why Sky3DS gets 002-0123 even with a private header.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure... this is not new information.
if the header does not work just change the manufacturer using gw rom patcher. it will automatically fix the other stuff for you but it can't guess the correct manufacturer.

I dont have knowledge on GW stuff cuz most of the time it wouldnt work cuz of my 3ds version. So I cant just change manufacturer on sky army knife?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have knowledge on GW stuff cuz most of the time it wouldnt work cuz of my 3ds version. So I cant just change manufacturer on sky army knife?

The reason to use gateway rom patcher is that it will automatically (and generally correctly) guess the other values for you. Then you take those values and put them into SAK.

If SAK alone is working well enough for you then just use it by itself.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay got it, so I download gw rom patcher to guess values. Then I wouldnt need sak right? I just want to find out if my private header manufacturer matches the one of the rom. So I got this mess between GW and SAK.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The reason to use gateway rom patcher is that it will automatically (and generally correctly) guess the other values for you. Then you take those values and put them into SAK.

*but not the manufacturer. - at least i have had to change it manually a few times. you say 'generally', but i just want ti make it clear for others :)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*but not the manufacturer. - at least i have had to change it manually a few times. you say 'generally', but i just want ti make it clear for others :)

That's what I meant by other

okay got it, so I download gw rom patcher to guess values. Then I wouldnt need sak right? I just want to find out if my private header manufacturer matches the one of the rom. So I got this mess between GW and SAK.

Even if you use gw rom patcher you still then need to use SAK to apply the values to the template. gw rom patcher just helps you guess.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Man, I dont really understand anymore. To see if my rom manufacturer matches my header manufacturer, which tool do I use? SAK or GW? How can I see the manufacturers for both files???

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant by other

Even if you use gw rom patcher you still then need to use SAK to apply the values to the template. gw rom patcher just helps you guess.

ohh alright, so I have to generate a template for each rom? or can I add different manufacturers to the same template?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I dont really understand anymore. To see if my rom manufacturer matches my header manufacturer, which tool do I use? SAK or GW? How can I see the manufacturers for both files???

You can't, you can only guess. C2 will be correct 90% of the time. If online doesn't work then you guess something else until it works.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure... this is not new information.
if the header does not work just change the manufacturer using gw rom patcher. it will automatically fix the other stuff for you but it can't guess the correct manufacturer.

What are you talking about? This is about the Sky3DS, not the Gateway 3DS

nvm, got it lol didnt quite understood what u meant

.____.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how many people this applies to, because I've read many times that people just dump one game and it works across all of theirs just fine, sadly, this isn't the case for me and I've seen about 3 people make a thread asking why they're getting this error, and they've gotten no answers basically.

So turns out, if I'm correct, it's because of the manufacturer.

All of my ROMs aside from Smash, didn't work online with my header information from my own dump of Animal Crossing.

And I noticed something, Smash was the only game I had where the manufacturer byte was AE(OKI-Semiconductor), and that's the same manufacturer of Animal Crossing. Everything else gave me error 002-0123.

Mario Kart 7 and Final Fantasy: Curtain Call were the main games I wanted to play online, and those are both C2(Macronix) games.

I have a friend with a 3DS and about 10 games that he doesn't care for, I managed to get him to dump Pokemon Y and a few other games(Which actually leaves me with a header for each manufacturer) and Pokemon Y just so happens to be C2. I applied that header to MK7 and TFF:CC and whaddya know, they work online now. So if all of this is correct, you want at minimum 3 3DS dumps to ensure compatibility of all roms.

Read your dump's header information using Sky Army Knife and see if it is either an AE(OKI Semiconductor), C2(Macronix), or 45(SanDisk) based game, and then check the base template for your game and look at its chip ID so you can tell which header and EEPROM to apply to get that to work.

Remember:
C2 = Macronix
AE = OKI Semiconductor
45 = SanDisk.

ejSjJcS.png

My Animal Crossing: New Leaf US dump:
lbiVBU7.png
NqK8lXr.png

There may be many of you who know this already, but this is mainly for those people who didn't get an answer when they asked last week, because I was one of those people.

Hey man can you tell me a few games that you tried, for each category. Like forC2 = Macronix to dump a Pokemon Y. What about the other two??

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are you talking about? it's not gw or sky3ds specific really... it's just some data/information.

Yes but applying header information to a rom does nothing to a Sky3DS, because all information that you can apply to it comes from the template, not the rom itself. The ROM itself can have any type of cart ID or header it wants, it'll all be overwritten by whatever is in the template.

Hey man can you tell me a few games that you tried, for each category. Like forC2 = Macronix to dump a Pokemon Y. What about the other two??

Read the updated 1st post.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be fine to change the manufacturer as long as the cart ID is not changed. That is, you can use any header and change the values to match the game to which it is applied.

This is directly from the GRP readme:

alright, great. Then I can change the manufacturer bytes on the Sky3ds template right?? Then just save it and write game with the template?

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, great. Then I can change the manufacturer bytes on the Sky3ds template right?? Then just save it and write game with the template?

Try it. If you still get error 002-0123 then nothing gained, nothing lost.

Remember that after you change the header on a game, you have to rescroll all the way back to the game so it can be updated with its new header.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it. If you still get error 002-0123 then nothing gained, nothing lost.

Remember that after you change the header on a game, you have to rescroll all the way back to the game so it can be updated with its new header.

Yeah, Ill backup the save, and rewrite game with the fixed template! Ill let you know guys.

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I keep getting template file invalid error in Sky Army Knife even with first two empty lines in template deleted.

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, I have passed error in SAK but I can't fix this error.
This is what i did:
1. Download newest template from sky3ds.com
2. Inject private header from Animal Crossing New Leaf using No Ban No Sky
3. Delete first two lines of template and open in SAK
4. Select SSB in SAK
5. Extract info from my Animal Crossing in SAK and copy that info to the left tab
6. Type EEPROM ID (this might be wrong) from base template
7. Generate template
8. Select generated template in Diskwriter and write SSB with verify option ticked
And it gived my error 002-0123. Now I can't even run ROM. It says that I can't use this game card.
Help please?

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have passed error in SAK but I can't fix this error.
This is what i did:
1. Download newest template from sky3ds.com
2. Inject private header from Animal Crossing New Leaf using No Ban No Sky
3. Delete first two lines of template and open in SAK
4. Select SSB in SAK
5. Extract info from my Animal Crossing in SAK and copy that info to the left tab
6. Type EEPROM ID (this might be wrong) from base template
7. Generate template
8. Select generated template in Diskwriter and write SSB with verify option ticked
And it gived my error 002-0123. Now I can't even run ROM. It says that I can't use this game card.
Help please?

When rewriting games to the Sky, you have to make sure to rescroll through your games to make sure that the Sky3DS gets updated with the updated header information. Just so you know, using No Ban No Sky to inject information into header isn't something I'd do, especially not with animal crossing, it has an AE manufacturer byte which almost zero games use, oddly enough, Smash uses AE and you're still not getting online though. Hm...Just download the new template and use SAK to enter in all of your information, reformat your SD, write only smash to the sd card so you don't waste time, also back up all of your saves. When you put the Sky back into your 3DS, if nothing shows up, take the sky out, and put it back in WHILE holding the blue button and then while still holding the blue button, take it back out, and then let go and put it back in. The sky should flash, and then you restart your 3DS and when you come back you should see smash.

If it shows up as soon as you put it in, that's good too, but once you do see it, press the blue button one more time just to give it one last refresh and then try Smash online again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing