Why is rosalina menu restricted in CTGP-7

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I try to press L+Down+Select in CTGP-7, and nothing happens. When I press the same combo in any other game though, the rosalina menu normally appears.

Why exactly are there rosalina menu restrictions in CTGP-7, and can I somehow bypass them? I want to take a screenshot, but I cannot.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You cannot open the rosalina menu online because it stops your game and it would give you advantage in some game modes. (And obviously, not going to tell you a way to bypass a cheating protection measure that was implemented on purpose ¬¬). If you want to take screenshots, open the select menu offline, go to Tools and configure the screenshot settings. (You can set the screenshot hotkey and which screens to capture, among other stuff)

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Anyways, I still don't like being told whenever I can use the rosalina menu or not. I thought that homebrew was system-wide and the rosalina menu was designed to be opened anywhere?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyways, I still don't like being told whenever I can use the rosalina menu or not. I thought that homebrew was system-wide and the rosalina menu was designed to be opened anywhere?
Yes, it is designed to be opened anywhere, including in cases where it can be used to cheat. For that reason I decided to disable it in online mode. Unless you want to use it to cheat, I don't see any reason you would like to use it online (every other functionality can be used offline or with the features the mod provides).

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, it is designed to be opened anywhere, including in cases where it can be used to cheat. For that reason I decided to disable it in online mode. Unless you want to use it to cheat, I don't see any reason you would like to use it online (every other functionality can be used offline or with the features the mod provides).
Would it be possible to only restrict CERTAIN options in rosalina which let you cheat (Cheats & memory editing)? Because I don't see literally any point in completely and permanently restricting it, EVEN WHEN CTGP-7 IS ONLY SUSPENDED and you're in the home menu.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Would it be possible to only restrict CERTAIN options in rosalina which let you cheat (Cheats & memory editing)? Because I don't see literally any point in completely and permanently restricting it, EVEN WHEN CTGP-7 IS ONLY SUSPENDED and you're in the home menu.
Because the simple action of opening it is already a way to cheat. Opening the rosalina menu in game modes where the timer counts down (battle mode, countdown, etc) makes your clock freeze while everyone else's clock don't, so you get an advantage. (Cheats and memory editing is also disabled offline, that's totally unrelated.)

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Because the simple action of opening it is already a way to cheat. Opening the rosalina menu in game modes where the timer counts down (battle mode, countdown, etc) makes your clock freeze while everyone else's clock don't, so you get an advantage. (Cheats and memory editing is also disabled offline, that's totally unrelated.)
So lock the menu only when playing online? I don't get why exactly should I have it restricted when only in the main menu and not playing.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So lock the menu only when playing online? I don't get why exactly should I have it restricted when only in the main menu and not playing.
It should be locked only when playing online. If it didn't unlock offline (Mario Kart Channel is considered online btw) then it's a bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...