Hacking Why do you hack your Wii?

Honestly, do you hack your Wii in order to play illegally obtained games?

• Hell yeah! Proud to be a pirate! Support free distribution!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I admit it, but it's because I'm poor.

• Not generally, but I'll play a game for a bit before I decide to buy it/delete it.

• No, but I'm not going to get all pissy if you do it.

• NO! That is morally wrong! I just like hacking things...

• Total voters

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i do it because Im tired of paying for games that suck. And generally most wii games do suck. Im trying to get my money back from when i was like 12 paying $50 for nintendo games that were so very crappy. Also because I can. Also because I can make money off it. ive been pirating for so long Im not even sure where it started. But I coud seriously care less if ninty or music labels or movie companies lose money. i think it is dumb that they waste so much money on stupid things for actors and pay them milliuons of dollars for a movie role. Just call it redistribution of material wealth. You can cuss me all u want it will never change what I do, or how I feel about it. while you frown i laugh

EDIT: Oh I forgot, I dont think the company that makes game party 1 2 and 3 deserve $150 for that crap. i also hate the way that places like gamestop act like they are doing you a favor giving you $15 for a used game they turn around and sell for $40

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree. every wii should come with 500 shitty games preinstalled in it and the possibility to completely delete important system files.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
giantpune said:
i agree. every wii should come with 500 shitty games preinstalled in it and the possibility to completely delete important system files.
See, why not?
smileipb2.png

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly when you think about it, these game companies know they're producing an inferior game, but they still expect $50 for it. so basically we are just beating them to the punch by ripping them off first

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i softmodded my wii (not hacked it! none of you hacked any wii) only cause i love coding

without it i would still have loads of fun with my wii (i still need to beat contra rebirth on nightmare with 7 lives... )

EDIT: hell, im against piracy really :/

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Daco said:
i softmodded my wii (not hacked it! none of you hacked any wii) only cause i love coding

without it i would still have loads of fun with my wii (i still need to beat contra rebirth on nightmare with 7 lives... )

You hacked it.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
luke_c said:
Daco said:

You hacked it.
i sure dont see any reverse engineering stuff attached to my wii nor did i ever did anything to my wii hardware physically
nor did i ever do any hacking

none of you have

(and the only reverse engineering shit that ever got run on my wii are dsp chip diagnostic applications to see how the dsp would react , and that was for dolphin)

also, if any of you guys think you actually hacked it then this forum is even stupider then i thought

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Daco said:
luke_c said:
Daco said:

You hacked it.
i sure dont see any reverse engineering stuff attached to my wii nor did i ever did anything to my wii hardware physically

none of you have

(and the only reverse engineering shit that ever got run on my wii are dsp chip diagnostic applications to see how the dsp would react , and that was for dolphin)

also, if any of you guys think you actually hacked it then this forum is even stupider then i thought
You injected unauthorized code into the Wii to allow the use of unauthorized programs.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ones who write all the code are the ones hacking the Wii. We just applying their modifications to ours. There's zero thought involved in following a guide for a softmod.

On topic, I "mod" my Wii just because. No real reason, I just play around with every toy I get.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reasons from mostly why to less.
(1)Just got a DS flashcart and was bored.
(2)Wanted to play the games that were rare/not localized/mixed reviews/broke the original.
(3)Never change discs with usb loader.
(4) x6 Loading
times.
(5)Free games. (90% of my wii games are non-pirated and all my games together I think 2% are pirated.)
(6-9001) I was bored.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
OtakuGamerZ said:
(2)Wanted to play the games that were rare/not localized/mixed reviews/broke the original.
(4) x6 Loading
times.
(5)Free games. (90% of my wii games are non-pirated and all my games together I think 2% are pirated.)
(6-9001) I was bored.
Wait, what does that make the other 8%?
wtf.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
OtakuGamerZ said:
(4) x6 Loading
times.
(6-9001) I was bored.
Wait, what does that make the other 8%?
wtf.gif

He said 90% of WII games, and 2% of ALL games. He has more than just Wii games.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
luke_c said:
Daco said:
luke_c said:
Daco said:

You hacked it.

none of you have

You injected unauthorized code into the Wii to allow the use of unauthorized programs.
you are stupid
go learn anything before you say anything.
see signature

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
wait what about the other 8%
wtf.gif
wii-own 40 games-pirated 4. that was the 90%
the 2% was the 20 or so pirated games from all my wii/nds/gba/gbc/gb/gcn/n64/snes/nes/psp/pc games put together.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I pirate for everything, why pay? It may be morally wrong, but hey, when's the last time I cared about that?
Hah, iiiiiim terrible. Oh well.
And hardware costs so much, why should I pay 300 bucks for a system and accessories if I have to spend $500 more on just 10 games? (and I bought at least 10 games before I found out there's backup loading)

So yeah, just a pirate in general.
Yet homebrew is also cool, wish I knew how to code so I could make my own stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk