Hacking Why do you hack your Wii?

Honestly, do you hack your Wii in order to play illegally obtained games?

• Hell yeah! Proud to be a pirate! Support free distribution!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I admit it, but it's because I'm poor.

• Not generally, but I'll play a game for a bit before I decide to buy it/delete it.

• No, but I'm not going to get all pissy if you do it.

• NO! That is morally wrong! I just like hacking things...

• Total voters

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
We're not talking about Computers for starters.
well I have only 2 pc games and neither are pirated, but if this was about movies and tv shows I pirate a lot. [/pc talk]

back to wii

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OtakuGamerZ said:
(4) x6 Loading
times.
But retail games already run at 6X speed
tongue.gif
. USB Loader is like 8X-12X I think.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I find it sad more than 50% are in the true pirate category (I don't include demoers as pirates because if not, they would borrow the game from a friend, its just a quicker way of demoing) on this site. Guess its to be expected...

Tolin42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much solely for import titles that'll never come stateside through a publisher. I did the japanese Metroid Prime, loved how it played, bought the trilogy when it came out. Not really big into trying before buying generally... I let my research or interest in a title and genre drive my buying habits. Doesn't always pay off, obviously. Baroque seemed interesting, but it really wasn't. Same for a few others.

More recently, if I DO grab something it's mostly due to a lack of monetary means... but I really try to restrict that and only have it around for long enough to try out. The sole exception are the import titles, which I DO try to make the effort to pick up at from an import place. Don't really think less of anyone who pirates, nor am I in the position to demean or denounce a pirate when I myself have been guilty of it - I may not totally agree with the practice, but it hasn't stopped me from engaging in it in the past.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
The only thing I use my Wii for anymore is playing old genesis/snes games with Genplus and Snes9x GX
I'm with you man, thats what got me started and interested to the Wii homebrew in the first place, SNES/Sega/Nes mame also, just noticed there has been some updates to that, may have to re-check it out
smile.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
hacked mine for homebrew, making backups of my gamecube games and the occasional download of a game when i have no money. Withouth homebrew i wouldnt have used my wii for like a year.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...for playing backups, old school games, and making it a multimedia device...if not for homebrew, like the others, i won't be using it that much and eventually sell it to a second hand shop buyer.
smile.gif

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Wii because I like to hack things and have more control over them. Most of my gadgets are modded in some way.
I'm too poor to buy games (college student), but I did buy Metroid Prime Trilogy just because that game is so awesome. Even if I did have lots of extra money I don't think I'd buy too many because IMHO most games are not worth anywhere near $50-$60.
I do like to buy games on Steam occasionally (mostly Valve's stuff), especially during weekend sales. Cheap, high-quality games with lots of replay value!

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now - after many people descided to have the WII hacked to be a good pirate ... there is one step left in the evolution.

most of us are trying to collect nearly all games available for the region we are in ...

Now that USB-Loader can fetch the games on a FAT32 partition - why is nobody implementing the final stage in USB-Loader ... a Bittorent-Client downloading all the ISOs or WBFS Files not been seen on own HDD.

I mean - we automaticly are downloading Covers - New USB-Loader Versions - and we know the 6 Digit file names of every game ... and we know the MD5 of the game.

Wouldn't it be the final stage to download and upload the content of everybodys hdd files to the net with some kind of p2p-Client when wii is in idle mode ?

Just let the WII be powered on with the right USB-Loader and isos are getting uploaded and downloaded over night ... woah ...8)

This is what i would call Online Community Mode for WII ...8)

Concering about security ? Just use a "secure" Client e.g. TOR or I2P or OneSwarm or Wuala or ... or ... or ...

Just my 2 cents for the next "pirate evolution thing" ... i think it will soon be happen

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just take a look on the old xbox - the unmodded ones are dumped for many years.
My modded one is in use every day - with xbmc I can watch every movie/tv-show (1080i upscaling) i have and almost every clips from the internet (via plug-ins).
It's has a very high WAF* level, 'cause it's easy to use and fully controlable via the tv-remote.

This is the direction where modding on the Wii should go. Play anything via every media as easy as possible.

(*) W.A.F = wife acceptance factor

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
i picked the last option almost every electrical item i have ever owned has been either dismantled beyond repair or modified
the first console i modified was the old xbox that was purely for piracy but as i got older i lost interest in the games
i'v killed several phones 3 360 not that they needed much help hacked my pc to run osx and now the wii im getting board of it now so im waiting for my next project to come along maybe a car next time

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardware-hacked my wii, with some reverse mechanical engineering, to launch discs, upon pressing eject, with the proper environmental variables to have a reasonable projectile-launcher capable of just breaking skin. I did this because it was hilarious to watch it hit my unsuspecting friends in the stomach and chest area, until they kept spilling their beer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk