Why do most mass murderers commit suicide?

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're cowards that dont want to face the consequences for what they have done...

Why would they want to face the 'consequences'? They didn't have anything to live for to start with which is why the whole thing starts anyway so why would they want to continue living? They didn't before the shooting so why would they after the shooting?

It makes em as much of a coward as the bankrobber who runs away and doesn't stand around waiting for the police. For them, shooting themselves is just not a big thing. Besides, wouldn't it be more cowardly to plan on all this and then not being able to pull the trigger on yourself? Suicide is not always a cowardly thing.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a sport now. USA has nabbed 2nd and 4th, but the Koreans are damn good (we nabbed one of there's).

http://spreekillers.org/

That is the total opposite of a funny thing.
Theres nothing to be laughing about. We've had our ass handed to Korea for 25 years.

No... The list doesn't mention the suicide bombers. Arabs have that l'l package tied up quite nicely.

Thanks for the link, Urza.

F

Fiddy101

Its a sport now. USA has nabbed 2nd and 4th, but the Koreans are damn good (we nabbed one of there's).

http://spreekillers.org/

That is the total opposite of a funny thing.

Theres nothing to be laughing about. We've had our ass handed to Korea for 25 years.

No... The list doesn't mention the suicide bombers. Arabs have that l'l package tied up quite nicely.

Thanks for the link, Urza.

What's wrong with you guys a list of some sort of competition to murder people
wtf.gif
and that last comment by IBNobody is kinda racist

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not even sure what the original poster intended to happen with this thread.

This should end now. It's just a completely uncomfortable topic to be talking about. I mean, what if someone who experienced one of these tragedies read this crap? They would believe we're all a bunch of mean-spirited idiots and since I've been here, this is not what GBATemp is all about.

@Urza: Cmon now. I'm used to your tasteless posts at times and most times, you have a point in what you are saying but what you've said in this thread is beyond anything I've ever seen. Your not funny and I hope you didn't intend to be.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You apparently didn't read the rules.

QUOTEThe Competitive Spree Killing Organization generally disqualifies the following from being listed as a spree killing on the Top 40 Killing Sprees:

# Killings perpetrated by more than one individual or with the assistance of another individual.
# Killings that are the result of an explosive device and nothing else.
# Killings conducted over twenty-four hours apart from one another.
# Killings conducted in a war zone.

IBNobody

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You apparently didn't read the rules.

QUOTE said:
The Competitive Spree Killing Organization generally disqualifies the following from being listed as a spree killing on the Top 40 Killing Sprees:

# Killings perpetrated by more than one individual or with the assistance of another individual.
# Killings that are the result of an explosive device and nothing else.
# Killings conducted over twenty-four hours apart from one another.
# Killings conducted in a war zone.

Ahh... You're right. That knocks out the serial killers, too.

Speaking of which... Do they have a Competitive Serial Killing Organization? Ted Bundy is at the still at the top of that leaderboard, right? I wonder where that other guy who sucked out prostitutes eyeballs with a vacuum cleaner would rank.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure what the original poster intended to happen with this thread.

This should end now. It's just a completely uncomfortable topic to be talking about. I mean, what if someone who experienced one of these tragedies read this crap? They would believe we're all a bunch of mean-spirited idiots and since I've been here, this is not what GBATemp is all about.
You know JKR....I almost agree with you....it is a taboo topic....but at the same time...the world has questions...people would like answers...and understanding why people do what they do....might help stop these sorts of things from happening in the future. I pondered over replying... now that I am normal, sane... do I speak of MY past.... and associate myself with those crazy sunovabitches? I have made quite a few friends here... I don't want THEM thinking I am bat shit crazy....but at the same time out of respect to the original poster ... he is making a serious inquiry....and there may be others out there confused leaning toward imitation .... and maybe the fact that I was nearly one of them and survived...became successful and normal may lead them NOT to pull their own mass murder? While Urza's post may be tasteless it really goes to show another fuel of ambition... the loner kid who never gets noticed, never invited to a party, celebrates his birthday alone, .... misses class and nobody notices.... becoming a mass murder immortalizes you and gets you noticed. It really is a sad state of affairs.

@IBNobody
Henry Lee Lucas would be the number 1 serial killer....CLAIMING over 400 kills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lee_Lucas even that of John Walshs kid

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder where that other guy who sucked out prostitutes eyeballs with a vacuum cleaner would rank.

Who is that? I've never heard of that. Sure you're not confused with charles albright (texas eyeball killer or something) who cut out the eyes of prostitutes (after death) and was convicted because of hairs found in his vacuum cleaner? :S

edit:
QUOTE@IBNobody
Henry Lee Lucas would be the number 1 serial killer....CLAIMING over 400 kills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lee_Lucas even that of John Walshs kid

That guy would have admitted to being the killer of kennedy if the police had thought of asking him about it.

IBNobody

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder where that other guy who sucked out prostitutes eyeballs with a vacuum cleaner would rank.

Who is that? I've never heard of that. Sure you're not confused with charles albright (texas eyeball killer or something) who cut out the eyes of prostitutes (after death) and was convicted because of hairs found in his vacuum cleaner? :S

Are you sure they were cut out? I remember seeing the story on HBO's Autopsy, and I could have sworn that they were sucked out.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm amazed that the gun toting, black trench coat wearing scene didn't entirely fizzle out by 1997. I remember those days, people used to carry weapons underneath a large cloak on some days, nobody knew what was going on. It was just a thrill it wasn't ever used in this part of the country to even so much as point at anyone. So thus ended the pipe bomb making days of the post industrial grunge era of modern rock. Man those were some interesting days to live, I wish I could relive it all over again in high school. The pagers, bbs scene, anarchy, underground punk rancid green day etc... man those were the times. Now we got people going out actually flashing the weapon and pulling the trigger. People weren't that nuts back then. People carrying the weapons didn't hate the world, it was just something 'cool' to do.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I totally agree with WeaponXxX. This is a taboo topic, and certainly an adult subject that can very well be discussed. This is the type of things that really I really enjoy about this place, open-mindness.

The truth is that to do such a thing you have to have problems, deeper, darker that the common individual, if you don't respect other people's life you are not gonna respect your own.

I don't fully understand amptor's post, but he is right, the more time passes, the more dangerous things become.

tojomajojo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well after the mass murder, who would want to stay around just to get arrested,hated, and take in unwanted man love in prison by a guy name tank.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Vvoltz, discussing this type of topic is fine but some people have been making light of an unfunny situation. That isn't cool.
While every comment has to be respected, I agree. My position is to always ignore those type of comment's, besides, there is another bunch of them!, most of them really worth reading, like WeaponXxX's.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vvoltz, discussing this type of topic is fine but some people have been making light of an unfunny situation.  That isn't cool.

While every comment has to be respected, I agree. My position is to always ignore those type of comment's, besides, there is another bunch of them!, most of them really worth reading, like WeaponXxX's.

Well I've not made a comment on Amptor or WeaponXxX because their points are valid and worth reading. A list of mass murders listed in order of kills is not.

I generally follow your way of thinking as well and ignore comments like that but sometimes people just go overboard on here and need to be told that they are doing so. I'm an easygoing person but we're talking about people's lives, not a fricking world record or something.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine suicide is their first aim, the spreekill/self headshot is just the method. ie. they're gonna kill themselves anyway but they want to take vengeance on society and make a lasting impression....

You're likely right on the first count, though I doubt killing other folks has to do with anything more than cowardice. It's likely a need to "not go alone." In any case, it's a pitiful state for anyone to be in, and much of the horror of this type of tragedy certainly has to do with the question: how bad a state does someone have to be in to be driven to such an end. It's not only a time for mourning those who were lost, but a time to mourn the human spirit that can become so easily lost as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: