Hacking Why can't we have the 5.5.1 Kernel Exploit while IOSU is being worked on?

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you need an exploit in order to install IOSU? Otherwise you would have to buy a mod chip of some sort. In the time people wait they could just go work day labor or something. Apply to some place that will hire anyone like UPS or something, go through the training for a week, and then quit. Then just buy the games.

Last edited by Ashell,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
The real question is "why do people keep updating?!"

Everyone wanted an exploit for 5.3.2, we got it eventually, at a time where it was easy to buy an exploitable Wii U on a lower firmware and update to 5.3.2

Then people who updated to 5.4 for Mario Maker got a second chance with a 5.4 exploit too.

It will happen sooner or later, if you got an exploit now this second, what are you going to do? pirate few games? ...

Reactions: samschaap and WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Answer: So that the exploit has a strong chance of working on 5.5.2+ when they roll around.
You guys going to continue to say that after the support drops here in less then a year?

This has been the same with every console exploit ever. People need to quit asking. Things will happen when they happen and no sooner.
This isn't true at all. The Nintendo scene is the first I've ever heard that nonsense. And I've been around for a while. In fact, the wiiu and 3ds hasn't even stood by this philosophy. 3ds is fully open, and only after 5.5 on wiiu (as prior version hacks have been released) have they actually stood by it. I hardly believe it has anything to do with preserving possible future fw for the betterment of the community. Considering the fact that they put out stability updates AFTER exploits are released. Retards. Seriously, how long since the last update?

Wish this could get stickied. As much fun as it is to eat virtual popcorn and laugh at the drama, it does get old after a while.
Well since you don't know what you're talking about, you could spare yourself, and everyone else, some tiresome frustration and maybe lurk more/post less?

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Esqueleto.jpg

We know it's your hard work.
We want to thank all of gbatemp.
Please do not forget us

From Spain to gbatemp THANK YOU !!!!:yayu:

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
check back during the weekend or smth should be done by then
Is this real? Cause I have planned on selling my Wii U in the upcoming days. Could you please tell us if it is planned for release so that many people including me , won't sell our consoles for nothing? I see that you reply to trolls so I think that a yes or a no to my question won't hurt!

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is this real? Cause I have planned on selling my Wii U in the upcoming days. Could you please tell us if it is planned for release so that many people including me , won't sell our consoles for nothing? I see that you reply to trolls so I think that a yes or a no to my question won't hurt!
You're selling the Wii U just because you're rushing ...? I'm outta here

giphy.gif

drhacknslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys going to continue to say that after the support drops here in less then a year?

This isn't true at all. The Nintendo scene is the first I've ever heard that nonsense. And I've been around for a while. In fact, the wiiu and 3ds hasn't even stood by this philosophy. 3ds is fully open, and only after 5.5 on wiiu (as prior version hacks have been released) have they actually stood by it. I hardly believe it has anything to do with preserving possible future fw for the betterment of the community. Considering the fact that they put out stability updates AFTER exploits are released. Retards. Seriously, how long since the last update?

Well since you don't know what you're talking about, you could spare yourself, and everyone else, some tiresome frustration and maybe lurk more/post less?

Support isn't going to get dropped right away. It won't be until the NX has a solid foothold in the market and some major online play games get their replacements.

I've been following along on the user end of different console hacking scenes since PS2. I worked with user end homebrew on a hardmodded ps1. It's always the same with exploits no matter the console. They only give away the extra they have to give away and not the one and only. This has to get worse unfortunately as newer consoles come out, security gets more and more complex, and the number of available viable exploits goes down. If you don't think this is true, look at the cat and mouse chase between Sony and the Vita or the original Xbox days when MS would go so far as motherboard hardware revisions to stop any kind of modding. It's not fun trying to stay on top of that mess for anyone, or getting trapped on firmware that exceeds the current exploitable one. It's my opinion and a good call by the devs to hold back as long as possible to make sure the greater number of people can enjoy their hard work.

Regarding the 3DS, that had the benefit of a hardware option long before any custom firmwares came out. I'm sure that heavy foothold was a blessing to the scene. The Wii U doesn't have this. Your comment about stability updates just reiterates the exact reason I refer to as to why it shouldn't be released. There's nothing ready to make use of it yet, and the next stability update will come out and patch it, and push a lot of less intelligent people to 5.5.2.

As for your last comment. Grow up and have a decent respectful debate. Flaming doesn't make your argument stronger. It just makes you look arrogant and like you have to bully people into accepting your point of view.

Last edited by drhacknslash,

Moritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no reason to keep 5.5 kernel private, since we already have them on another firmwares, the kernel is not released to the public because it doesnt exist.

I was hunting and trying to develop myself until I realized that it doesn't exist, so I gave up and bought a 5.4.0 wii u.

Stop creating these 5.5 kernel topic because it doesnt exist.

Enviado de meu Atari usando Tapatalk

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to keep 5.5 kernel private, since we already have them on another firmwares, the kernel is not released to the public because it doesnt exist.

I was hunting and trying to develop myself until I realized that it doesn't exist, so I gave up and bought a 5.4.0 wii u.

Stop creating these 5.5 kernel topic because it doesnt exist.

Enviado de meu Atari usando Tapatalk
7109779_orig.jpg

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@NWPlayer123 said IOSU Exploit is "around in the corner " but now he said there are much things to do until be released,i dont know what happen.
If IOSU Exploit is far from be released MN1 could think about kernel exploit be released, this would calm until IOSU Exploit are ready BUT if IOSU Exploit is near to be released is better keep private.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol