• lolwat

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • nah, I'm good

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • already am

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I'm a potato

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • marriage is just a meaningless social construct that has no meaning nowadays etc etc

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never. My parents haven't married and I don't think I will either, unless hypothetical boyfriend absolutely thinks burning money on a ceremony is necessary. I'm perfectly fine with just being under the "common law" bracket, should I find a partner one day.

Where I live you don't need a fancy event to get married, you can have it done at the court house for a small fee.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Never. My parents haven't married and I don't think I will either, unless hypothetical boyfriend absolutely thinks burning money on a ceremony is necessary. I'm perfectly fine with just being under the "common law" bracket, should I find a partner one day.
Pfffffffft, who said you need to burn money? I don't plan on spending any more than $1,000 total on the entire thing out of my/our pocket, ring and ceremony included. Then again, I have a huge family so like 90% of the cost on things like location/food/officiator is completely take care of free of charge lol.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't plan on getting married, how do see yourself spending your time in the future? Hanging with friends, working a lot, or just hanging at home? Life can be long.:toot::grog:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Where I live you don't need a fancy event to get married, you can have it done at the court house for a small fee.
Pfffffffft, who said you need to burn money? I don't plan on spending any more than $1,000 total on the entire thing out of my/our pocket, ring and ceremony included. Then again, I have a huge family so like 90% of the cost on things like location/food/officiator is completely take care of free of charge lol.
Yeah, there are the small court house marriages, and you can cut costs, but I think a small wedding without flourish would offend my weirdly specific family more than just not marrying at all. They'd expect everyone to be flown out, for there to be a party, the weird salmon rolls, an overly expensive dress that'd I'd have to be forcefully fought into wearing, I've heard the expectations from my parents since I was a kid and it honestly sounds ridiculous, and I'm wary of disappointing, so I'd rather avoid it.

Reactions: Deleted User

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't plan on getting married, how do see yourself spending your time in the future? Hanging with friends, working a lot, or just hanging at home? Life can be long.:toot::grog:
I had envisioned traveling the world and being a wanderer of sorts. Hard to get paid with a gig like that though, so I'm still working out the details. It'd be nice to have a companion though. I'm open to getting married to a stranger at this point. It'd be fun.

Reactions: Stephano

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm atheist but i do want to get married once i found the right woman

I am an European man myself and I have seen many European daddies are sucks at children. They don't bother to take care of the children, only women's responsibility for the children. Ugh. Disgusting.

Reactions: Alkéryn

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there are the small court house marriages, and you can cut costs, but I think a small wedding without flourish would offend my weirdly specific family more than just not marrying at all. They'd expect everyone to be flown out, for there to be a party, the weird salmon rolls, an overly expensive dress that'd I'd have to be forcefully fought into wearing, I've heard the expectations from my parents since I was a kid and it honestly sounds ridiculous, and I'm wary of disappointing, so I'd rather avoid it.
I did mine at the court house, it was for me and my wife, not everybody else. I'm not much for big events, especially when it involves me, and my wife didn't really care much for the big event either. When my sister got married she married somebody that was not the same color skin as her, and as a result not many family showed up to the big event, so I said fuck them when it was my turn to get married.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
d0d.jpg

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Marriage... In my opinion, it carries little meaning. It's something people do, but imo not something that matters or has any effect on a relashionship. As such, I believe it to be useless, especially because I don't think making something official, which is something like trying to prove it to others, actually matters.

On the other hand, I would be unable to do so even if I thought about it in a different fashion, as for me handling people, talking to people, etc. is extremely difficult and as a result I end up spending my time reading, playing games, studying, etc. Basically, I tend not to do things I can't do by myself, and that's how I've been living ever since I was born. As such, I barely communicate with people, talk or write either, GBATemp being one of the few exceptions. Hell, it's not rare for me to spend days in a row not speaking.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay