• lolwat

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • nah, I'm good

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • already am

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I'm a potato

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • marriage is just a meaningless social construct that has no meaning nowadays etc etc

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
ihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
Aouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: BlueFox gui

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can currently get married at 16 in alabama, with parent's permission if I recall. 16 is also the age of legal consent in alabama. Alabama is weird and I recommend avoiding it.
Alabama ain't so bad, my mom grew up there on a farm. At least where they grew up was very homey and beautiful. Everyone knows eachother and are really friendly.^_^

Reactions: Deleted User

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am an European man myself and I have seen many European daddies are sucks at children. They don't bother to take care of the children, only women's responsibility for the children. Ugh. Disgusting.
What's the link?
First i don't want children and even if i do have some days i would try everything i can to raise them the best, if i want to get married some day it is just because i find it romantic and it is a way to commit to the woman i choosed

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Some friends of mine have been together 11 years with four children and aren't married. I've been with my partner about 9 years and we aren't married. I put "I am" though since we practically are. Marriage isn't really necessary :-p My parents married when mum was only 19 and they are still together 30+ years later so it's not as though I don't believe in it or anything.

Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My accountant and lawyers would advise me not to. It does come with several tax and legal downsides, and very few upsides I could not replicate easily another way.
Society does not demand it any longer, not to mention society can go do something unpleasant if it thinks demanding it is a good plan.
I see no value in the concept for much else. Some have said it means you can't simply break off a relationship for arbitrary reasons, that is not a good reason to me.
Similarly I can't say I view the concept with any kind of sanctity and the only reason I would ever notice a wedding ring on someone's finger is if they are about to stick their hands somewhere with electricity or it is one of those tungsten rings that is popular now and likely to scratch things up as a result.

I suppose I am not adverse to an empty ritual for the sake of travel or work permits, it seems to be the main reason anybody I know really goes in for it any more. Such a thing would probably not be of much use to me though as bits of paper is probably the easier way for most places I care to stay. Likewise if it was a decent way to get insurance or something I would have no moral objection to someone doing an end run around requirements that way.

I would also go so far as to say I support stripping marriage of any legal perks or commitment and have it become a religious or personal ritual between some number of people. Speaking of religious definitions I find it hilarious when religious groups complain about the religious definition when some court somewhere does something they don't like.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had envisioned traveling the world and being a wanderer of sorts. Hard to get paid with a gig like that though, so I'm still working out the details. It'd be nice to have a companion though. I'm open to getting married to a stranger at this point. It'd be fun.

You should open with, 'I have a wang and my ideal partner would be X.'
I think this is a good reason to start gbatemprelationships.net. Everybody could have their default profile picture as a rubber duck, Dickbutt or Vaginatits and after 100 messages you could read their full profile. Instead of Skype, use your 3DS FC and the Chat-a-Lot cia.

For your specific point, I'm sure there are people in sanctuary cities itching to get married, but don't bet the world on it and sign a prenupt'.

If I ever get to create+host 'Coffee With The 'temp', I'll PM you about being the lead grip. The dates would flow in.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alabama ain't so bad, my mom grew up there on a farm. At least where they grew up was very homey and beautiful. Everyone knows eachother and are really friendly.^_^
I grew up on a farm in alabama as well. Going to university here as well. I suppose it'd be better to say that alabama has a....unique culture lol.
You should open with, 'I have a wang and my ideal partner would be X.'
I think this is a good reason to start gbatemprelationships.net. Everybody could have their default profile picture as a rubber duck, Dickbutt or Vaginatits and after 100 messages you could read their full profile. Instead of Skype, use your 3DS FC and the Chat-a-Lot cia.

For your specific point, I'm sure there are people in sanctuary cities itching to get married, but don't bet the world on it and sign a prenupt'.

If I ever get to create+host 'Coffee With The 'temp', I'll PM you about being the lead grip. The dates would flow in.
I'd greatly appreciate it. I would marry someone from a sanctuary city, no problem.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up on a farm in alabama as well. Going to university here as well. I suppose it'd be better to say that alabama has a....unique culture lol.

I'd greatly appreciate it. I would marry someone from a sanctuary city, no problem.
Grew up on a farm? Yeah, you've got the job as lead grip.
The woman....I guess you'd have luck in California? My soothsayer skills are pretty top-notch.

Reactions: osaka35
D

Deleted User

Nope, not at all.

Marriage is pointless, and expensive.
This is basically what I wanted to say.

I'm also scared to ever get into a relationship with anyone because I'm afraid I'd accidentally fuck something up and ruin everything lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1