Hacking Who here is still on 10.3? Why?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Because I hardbricked my o3ds even following all the instructions perfectly. I bought another o3dsxl, so I got an update out of the brick, but it arrives monday and I am debating back and forth in my head if I should even try again.

The sysupdater is much more stable now than the original one I bricked with, but my wife would kill me if I happened to brick another hehe.
If you brick you could try getting a replacement since your 3ds clearly came defective. :wink:

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I hardbricked my o3ds even following all the instructions perfectly. I bought another o3dsxl, so I got an update out of the brick, but it arrives monday and I am debating back and forth in my head if I should even try again.

The sysupdater is much more stable now than the original one I bricked with, but my wife would kill me if I happened to brick another hehe.
You could always return it claiming dead on arrival lmao.

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason not to downgrade at this point, but who won't be? Is it because you're getting softbricks every time? Is it because you're waiting for a different method? Everybody who is still on 10.3, please reply! (And if you want to know why I'm still on 10.3, check my recent activity lol)
im still on 10.3 cause my freinds dont want to downgrade and still want to play with them

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on 10.3 just because I don't to even have a small chance of losing my ACNL save.
It's this, the bricks, and all the evidence of even more unpredictably incomplete downgrades.

I have triple checked everything at the very least over the past week and have all the files ready to go, but feel that the entire opportunity for this exploit was rushed out and squandered without proper testing. Now it is to be patched out of existence before ever having a chance to be reliably executed.

Sure, it may have turned out fine for perhaps even a majority, but I do not wish to count myself among the damned.

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Local still works :) I was just playing ACNL with my sister yesterday.
im still to scared cause im broke so if it bricked id be screwed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where on earth did you see that ? Of course you can still do local (and online and everything you want to do like accessing the eShop).
some times when we try and someone is out dated the 3ds asks them to update

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unpredictable exploit that won't let me downgrade no matter how many times I try, or what entry point I use; this 9.9 New 3DS of mine just doesn't wanna go back to 9.2

Though to be fair it was never in 9.2, because it had 9.5 when I got it I believe, lol

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS is 10.3 because I've been making myself actually buy the games. All this downgrading stuff seems risky, I'd rather wait for 10.3 support from Gateway. I keep hax on it for various things, like emulators, or PCHEX.
Besides, I have a Gateway working with my O3DS for a reason. :P

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I, because I want to keep my legit ZBOI: Rebirth , I don't want to risk a softbrick because my internet at home is not working at the moment and won't be working that soon,I also have a 9.2 old 3DS to play "piracy" and I just wait for Gateway to release their 10.3 support to use it on the 10.3 New 3DS

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't downgraded because I'm on n3DS and have no interest in downgrading until 10.3 emuNAND is a thing. Legit CIAs will keep me preoccupied anyway. For what it's worth however, I have downgraded my o3DS but haven't done anything with it yet. Just goes to show how interested I am. :P

From my understanding, you can't play 3DS games online without having the most recent update, right?
I know 100% that Smash works without being on the latest system version. I think it's just that you require the game's latest update and your system version not mattering.

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't even attempted to downgrade at all.
Did all the research on downgrading, it seemed more stable from hard bricks as I have a N3DS XL.
Thought about downgrading a couple of days ago but then threads were popping up about problems after downgrading. So researched 9.2 and compatible games (especially the latest) and people having problems.
So I decided to not bother downgrading and stay on 10.3 with sky3ds blue button and orange button. They work just great and do the job and I have all entry points to homebrew. So for me why fix something that's not broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?