Hacking Hardware Homebrew 3DS freezes everytime I try to exit a game

mikiamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to repost this because I never got any feedback on my last forum lol.

Ok so for some reason my 3ds is starting to freeze whenever I try to exit a game.

To be more specific, whenever I'm in a game and I press the home button to exit it, it just freezes the screen indefinitely and I'm unsure why. Although my 3ds is still running I think since I can still access the rosalina menu, but theres nothing else I can do apart from that.

At first I thought this was a issue for current games but it turns out its happening on every game I play so now it became a bigger issue. In order for me to exit the game I would have to hold the power button till it turns off then turn it on again which takes a lot more time but either way I wanna fix this issue.

Something else that I noticed to was that whenever I ran GBA games on my 3ds, it will never load in the game and actually crash my 3ds, the GBA games that I'm playing are official from nintendo and not from someone else.

If anyone knows why this can be occurring please let me know, any help is appreciated! :)

Zinnwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have another Micro SD card try it. If you''re lucky is just your MicroSD that is dying.

I'm having a similar issue, my home screen freezes all the time. I'm running H2testw right now on my SD card to see if it's corrupted. If my SD card turn out to be fine then I will try the CTRTransfer (Type D9) Script.

Worst case scenario is a hardware issue with the 3DS.

mikiamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have another Micro SD card try it. If you''re lucky is just your MicroSD that is dying.

I'm having a similar issue, my home screen freezes all the time. I'm running H2testw right now on my SD card to see if it's corrupted. If my SD card turn out to be fine then I will try the CTRTransfer (Type D9) Script.

Alright, I'm testing it out right now to see what it says I'll let you know what happens.
Post automatically merged:

Question, I tried the H2testw already and it came out find but I wanna try seeing if changing the sd card will change anthing. But If I change the sd card and boot the system, wouldn't it mess up my hacks?, and also can't i just take out my sd card and try it like that?
Post automatically merged:

Ok so I tried doing a H2testw for my sd card which came out fine, not sure what the CTRTransfer does but it seems to have something to do with transferring data?, I'm not sure but I didn't try that.

I tried other things like deleting some recent games I got which didn't help either so the last resort was to completely uninstall the CFW to see if maybe that was the issue.

Turns out it was not since when I tried to exit a game again without the CFW it still froze. I assume this must be somekind of hardware issue then although I'm unsure what caused and I would wanna know so it doesn't happen again in the future.

I think it happen because I used to play games like minecraft or mario maker and sometimes I would just exit the game and not save it when I had a lot of progress in it and Idk maybe that corrupted something but thats my best assumption for why this happen.

If anyone else is having this issue it may likely be a hardware issue since thats what it was for me.

Last edited by mikiamo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use