Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw that list; however, certain features like custom HOME Menu themes, backing up saves, and using emulators are all things you can do without needing CFW, you just need a userland exploit. I'm trying to learn more about the advantages of CFW compared to other Homebrew methods.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that list; however, certain features like custom HOME Menu themes, backing up saves, and using emulators are all things you can do without needing CFW, you just need a userland exploit. I'm trying to learn more about the advantages of CFW compared to other Homebrew methods.
You can do those but with cfw you can do them better. You can translate the homemenu with cfw and emulators run faster (PSX)

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You can do those but with cfw you can do them better. You can translate the homemenu with cfw and emulators run faster (PSX)
Interesting, why is that? Is it just because the homebrew software and emulators can interface with the hardware more efficiently with CFW, or does having kernel-mode access let the software do certain tricks that make it run faster?
Does having CFW make all homebrew programs run faster, or are emulators the only ones that can take a big advantage from it?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, why is that? Is it just because the homebrew software and emulators can interface with the hardware more efficiently with CFW, or does having kernel-mode access let the software do certain tricks that make it run faster?
Does having CFW make all homebrew programs run faster, or are emulators the only ones that can take a big advantage from it?
Emulators benefit most due to CFW being able to access all of the 3ds hardware while homebrew launcher can't.
Some homebrew only work with cfw due to needing certain access but mainly emulators benefit. (The one that benefits most is the PSX emulator which lets most games run at about 50 fps on new 3ds with cfw while without it PSX almost unplayable)

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I rarely even boot up my 3ds anymore since I just leave it on, thats one of the reasons I haven't switched yet.
Exactly my reason. I was on menuhax up until a few weeks ago when OTPless method came available (which made it take like 5 minutes to switch from menuhax to a9lh with no risks involved). If it weren't for that (or if i had an o3ds) I totally wouldn't have switched.

Reactions: Pikasack

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my reason. I was on menuhax up until a few weeks ago when OTPless method came available (which made it take like 5 minutes to switch from menuhax to a9lh with no risks involved). If it weren't for that (or if i had an o3ds) I totally wouldn't have switched.
Currently the only thing I need is to merge the games and apps i have on emunand to sysnand because I have stuff on sysnand I can't get on emunand.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently the only thing I need is to merge the games and apps i have on emunand to sysnand because I have stuff on sysnand I can't get on emunand.
Oh yeah the only "risk" I had was erasing any save data I have with gba injection and dsiware. There's probably a way to do it so that you keep the save data, but I didn't really care.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah the only "risk" I had was erasing any save data I have with gba injection and dsiware. There's probably a way to do it so that you keep the save data, but I didn't really care.
I don't use dsiware, and I only use the retroarch gpsp for gba emulation since it runs near perfect with pokemon emerald. Never had it crash (or played long enough for it to crash).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it