Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, got the OTP.bin file. Good grief, this process took most of the day with the writing and rewriting of stuff. I'm going to install the thing now and set up AuReiNand, and then flip the damn system locally.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
Lots of people still use it lol. People just recommend switching to a new cfw because rxtools is dead. Switch just requires swapping some files around. You don't have to install any new exploit or make a new emunand. You just remove the old cfw, put new one on, then boot. All your stuff will still be there.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Finishing up now, making the final sysNAND with fresh exploit backup. Home stretch, people.

Would I do it again? Probably not - it took about four hours! I started at around 11:30 and now it's 18:40. But, I admit, it is dead sexy because you have access to everything you need immediately.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finishing up now, making the final sysNAND with fresh exploit backup. Home stretch, people.

Would I do it again? Probably not - it took about four hours! I started at around 11:30 and now it's 18:40. But, I admit, it is dead sexy because you have access to everything you need immediately.
Welcome to the club of people that survived hell and aren't willing to ever go through it again.
Wow, it took a whole hour less for you, still a PITA.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

Welcome to the club of people that survived hell and aren't willing to ever go through it again.
Wow, it took a whole hour less for you, still a PITA.

It gets a bit easier with each one you do as your are more relaxed. Hell if the system is already using an emunand you can skip a lot of the guide. Same if you already have a 9.2 sysnand backup you can skip backing it up again.
You can also use a second sd card so you don't have to back your normal one up

Reactions: astronautlevel

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I saved some time because I had a 9.2 firmware backup and that my system was downgraded already.

I'm going to have to do this for my o3DS XL Link Between Worlds Version before transferring to it. *sigh*

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand those who vote for "The procedure is too complicated for me ".
Especially english users.
I'm french, sometime I don't understand english (Yeah, my english is not perfect, as you can see xD), but @Plailect's guide was very easy to follow, and I installed A9LH the first time, without any errors.
So thank to him.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand those who vote for "The procedure is too complicated for me ".
Especially english users.
I'm french, sometime I don't understand english (Yeah, my english is not perfect, as you can see xD), but @Plailect's guide was very easy to follow, and I installed A9LH the first time, without any errors.
So thank to him.
Yup my Buddy did it the other day while he was high of pain pills and totally out of it. Only thing I really had to do was have to remind him what step he was on as he kept forgetting.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where's the option for "meh"?
doh.jpg

IssMare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1.- I'm lazy.
And I agree with many here that:
2.- I'm happy with my setup: n3ds using gateway and ocassional rxtools on my other 3ds. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I might look into it later, just to have the knowledge of it.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have looked well.
But beware, it may seem it takes a lot of time to complete. Actually, it takes even longer.
Prepare some 10 bottles of beer, a couple of movies and some nachos to make you company during the long boring process.

You must drink some tiny beers and watch some really short movies then. From a menuhax system, I can set it up in around 2 hours or so. From a vanilla system, somewhere around 3 and a half.

Reactions: pbanj

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my N3DS set up with a9lh. I still use my GW frequently, so I opted with a different setup for booting into GW mode automatically when the GW card is inserted.

Aureinand -> 9.2 SysNAND -> MenuHax -> CtrBootManager -> GW.3dsx -> 10.7 EmuNAND

I also set up CtrBootManager9 for switching between Aureinand and GW, when GW's a9lh payload comes out.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Just got my N3DS set up with a9lh. I still use my GW frequently, so I opted with a different setup for booting into GW mode automatically when the GW card is inserted.

Aureinand -> 9.2 SysNAND -> MenuHax -> CtrBootManager -> GW.3dsx -> 10.7 EmuNAND

I also set up CtrBootManager9 for switching between Aureinand and GW, when GW's a9lh payload comes out.
Aureinand has a built in boot manager so you could ditch ctrboomanager9

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aureinand has a built in boot manager so you could ditch ctrboomanager9
I know that I probably could, but Aureinand might not be kept on this N3DS once GW's a9lh payload comes out. The only reason that I would keep Aureinand after the next GW update is if GW Mode still has issues with DSiWare. Otherwise, I'm ditching Aureinand and just going CtrBootManager9 -> GW-a9lh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?