Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i, mean, withouth an hardmod.
oops... the post you quoted said that. But then again, some around here would feel that any of these methods are easier than baking a muffin so
But... if the NAND chip is dead? Then not even a hardmod can save you! :ninja:
The NAND chip can't simply die. That would be a PHYSICAL cause (like... wiring up a hardmod with a microUSB connector, then plugging it directly into a USB port, thus, physically frying the chip) and has nothing at all to do with what is being discussed.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
oops... the post you quoted said that. But then again, some around here would feel that any of these methods are easier than baking a muffin so

The NAND chip can't simply die. That would be a PHYSICAL cause (like... wiring up a hardmod with a microUSB connector, then plugging it directly into a USB port, thus, physically frying the chip) and has nothing at all to do with what is being discussed.
or if you want to fry the NAND even better... put it into a frying PAND (pun + pan + nand = pand, i know, it isn't funny)

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't make sense. You're stuck with ~9.2 sysnand anyway while you wait. You don't have to be, and you don't have to wait. You can just be ready to immediately run their new launcher when it comes out, and run the current launcher the same way you're running it now. Your argument is completely invalid. :wacko:

N3ds? Why not install 4.5 MSET? It has a much better boot rate than menuhax, and if data management is a problem, you can grab it from the ISO place and install it to your home screen.

You're telling me that it will load the Gateway launcher and allow access to the ROMs on the cart?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're telling me that it will load the Gateway launcher and allow access to the ROMs on the cart?
Yes. Everything works (including the cheat engine... but I would stay away from NAND flashing/downgrading or you'll lose a9lh... unless you use a backup of your nand, taken with GW after you installed it). As said several times already. Even in this short thread.

Last edited by urherenow,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I find all this downgrading/hacking business a bit too complicated for me. Mainly because I have trouble finding all the information collected in one place. I used rxtools, with the browser to load it... I have that emunand stuff set up.
Now, how would I go about getting a9lh instead? would I need a bigger SD-card? It all just feels so very confusing.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I find all this downgrading/hacking business a bit too complicated for me. Mainly because I have trouble finding all the information collected in one place. I used rxtools, with the browser to load it... I have that emunand stuff set up.
Now, how would I go about getting a9lh instead? would I need a bigger SD-card? It all just feels so very confusing.
Information being everywhere and not in one place was true before Plailect's guide (you can Google these words if you're interested, at least in reading it if not following it).
Now, it's still maybe "complicated" because it's a long guide with tons of steps, so I can understand you're not using a9lh... but wtf the browser ? Man, get menuhax at least lol, it's just a matter of getting into the HBL with the browser (not more complicated than booting rxTools the way you're doing it) then launching menuhax_manager and pressing A to install ;)

And to answer the last question, no, you don't need a bigger SD card. If you can run an emuNAND with your current size, you can run it too with a9lh. And you can even get rid of your emuNAND which will give you more space on the same SD card BUT THAT'S NOT COMPULSORY (I put that in caps not because I'm angry at you but because some people think that a9lh is sysNAND only).

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Becuase I bricked my 3DS several months ago before A9LH was a thing, need to get it fixed soon. I have a secondary 3ds but no way in hell I'm taking a risk in bricking it.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i answerd too lazy, since i didnt really get the time yet + that i rarely reboot my 3ds, i just put it into sleepmode

MlgPro

Play me in SSB4 I’m a Fox main
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.
Because I don't want to and bootrate doesnt really matter to me paiteince is key my friends

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: