Which system won this generation to you?

Which system won this generation?

• Nintendo's Wii

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • Sony's Playstation 3

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Microsofts Xbox 360

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fairness Guild, I think Stormfront has the worst opinions on the internet. Wanking over San Fransisco Rush 2049
on N64 is probably better than believing in racial supremacy.

Honestly I'm not quite sure if white supremacy is a much worse belief than console fanaticism.

It's horrible to hate someone based on their race, religion, or creed. It's fucking batshit insane to hate someone for the type of video games they play.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm not quite sure if white supremacy is a much worse belief than console fanaticism.

It's horrible to hate someone based on their race, religion, or creed. It's fucking batshit insane to hate someone for the type of video games they play.
In everyone's defense here, I don't think anyone has "hated" anyone based on the games they play in this thread. :P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In everyone's defense here, I don't think anyone has "hated" anyone based on the games they play in this thread. :P

I think people here genuinely hate me not for my general dickishness but for my refusal to whack off to Shigeru Miyamoto.

In fact my general dickishness has proven to be quite a redeeming attribute in life and has netted me many valuable friends and deterred many morons.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people here genuinely hate me not for my general dickishness but for my refusal to whack off to Shigeru Miyamoto.

In fact my general dickishness has proven to be quite a redeeming attribute in life and has netted me many valuable friends and deterred many morons.

True story.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Actually, I think people here genuinely hate you because you'd rather wack off to pretending you don't have any partiality or preference to any game company, unlike the rest of us foolish fanboys.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think people here genuinely hate you because you'd rather wack off to pretending you don't have any partiality or preference to any game company, unlike the rest of us foolish fanboys.

Honestly I rarely play video games nowadays. I spend most of my time on the internet or something. In contrast to my other hobbies, it has definitely taken a back seat to film/TV, Magic the Gathering, and trolling this site.

EDIT: Like the last game I played was Torchlight II over LAN with a friend. Before that it was some games across my PSP/DS/GBA while I had a power outage. Before that, I couldn't even remember.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I rarely play video games nowadays. I spend most of my time on the internet or something. In contrast to my other hobbies, it has definitely taken a back seat to film/TV, Magic the Gathering, and trolling this site.

EDIT: Like the last game I played was Torchlight II over LAN with a friend. Before that it was some games across my PSP/DS/GBA while I had a power outage. Before that, I couldn't even remember.
What about our 10 hour Persona session last week...?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

It feels a bit like that for me too. Mostly cuz I have a full time job now, and I'm so exhausted afterward (standing on your feet for 8 hours with only one break to sit down can be painful) that I usually don't play games at all until later at night, unless it's on one of my portables. I got Halo 4 at the midnight launch, and I STILL have yet to play it more than once, even though I love what I've played so far.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Technically Nintendo.

But i don't really consider the Wii on par with ps3/360.

You have to consider the time gap between consoles and what the consoles are aimed at, in respect to audience.

Nintendo goes full-blown "Make that money!!"

While ps3/360 is like "We're what separate the men from the boys"

Even still i won't really be able to make a choice yet until all 3 next-gen consoles are released.

D

Deleted_171835

Going on with why some hate Guild, it isn't because everyone else is a biased Nintendo fanboy who hates you. It's because of the way you act in various threads.

You claim that you have no bias towards or against any videogame company yet you post these silly jabs (which you seem to find so witty) in news threads (particularly Nintendo ones) that you know will incite people and then later claim that you're just "joking". And sometimes it seems like you genuinely believe the shit you post but disguise it as a joke to hide your delusions.

And there are a couple of vocal members (you know who you are, *cough* Hyro-Sama *cough*) who seem to have an superiority complex going into various threads and whining about the Nintendo fanboys polluting this forum and how everyone except for them is so biased.

But from the very start, it should have been clear that a thread like this wouldn't work on GBAtemp. Everyone is too busy getting all pissy about fanboys and shit and crying about the fact that DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS. This forum is just too immature for this kind of thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...