Which game are you playing through for the first time?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently just beat Beyond Good and Evil HD, I'll probably go back to Skyrim. Once my paycheck comes in I may nab a few more games (Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls off the top of my head, probably some older games I missed as well like Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, DMC4, Prototype, and The Darkness).

Alpha Protocol is on sale on OnLive this weekend. My wife and I did a "giftcard for OnLive games" swap. I picked up Limbo, Mafia 2, Alpha Protocol, Virtua Tennis 09 and Metro 2033. All for less than 25 usd. Eat that, GameStop!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently just beat Beyond Good and Evil HD, I'll probably go back to Skyrim. Once my paycheck comes in I may nab a few more games (Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls off the top of my head, probably some older games I missed as well like Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, DMC4, Prototype, and The Darkness).

Alpha Protocol is on sale on OnLive this weekend. My wife and I did a "giftcard for OnLive games" swap. I picked up Limbo, Mafia 2, Alpha Protocol, Virtua Tennis 09 and Metro 2033. All for less than 25 usd. Eat that, GameStop!

I know it's on the PlayPack so if I ever feel like getting back into that I'll just do that. But as it is I'm paying $13/month for Xbox Live and Netflix with a limited and inconsistent income, plus I do prefer playing my games on the Xbox 360 if possible.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha well I like earning achievements to add to my gamerscore. If gamerscore was non-existent, believe me, I would enjoy it thoroughly on the PC. The PC version looks 100x better than on the 360. I'm just an achievement whore, is all. :P

Eh fuck your reasoning is actually solid, gamerscore is like the best thing ever. GFWL seems pretty shitty from what I've heard but I would enjoy the idea of a joined gamerscore between my Xbox 360 and PC much like between the PC and Vita in terms of trophies.

Otherwise I'm in the same boat with you on beating Skyrim but I haven't played it in a while. Just been too busy playing other games, doing school work, or going to work to play it.
People who say it's shitty either don't have a 360 live account and can't be asked to create an account for a game, or just don't know what they are doing. Having a 360 for many years, All I did was install GTA IV (my first GFWL game) and it asked for my hotmail and password. That was it. I was able to earn achievements on the PC version and they were visible on the 360. I am using the same gamertag and all is good. I have around 6 GFWL games now, and none have caused me problems whatsoever.

Games for Windows isn't crappy, but Games for Windows Live is just plain abysmal. I won't dwell on the topic, but this article pretty much highlights why:
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1223378p1.html

Though the achievements are nice. I really don't care for gamerscore and I don't really strive too much for achievements, but they're just nice to have in games.

Anyway, I'm playing Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced, which I just recently got into, Steins; Gate, Still got 2 endings to go, and Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, the second best NIS game IMO.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through 358/2 days and re:coded on my 3DS :lol: . Both games are awesome, but they can't match the awesomness of KH 2.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening on VC

Yes I have a flashcard, but for some reason decided to buy it!

Took no shame in using an online players guide/map for the signpost maze. Stupidest 'puzzle' ever in a Zelda game and would have wasted far too much of my time otherwise. Otherwise feels like a pretty nice Zelda game.

After that I might take another crack at Minish Cap; if a new top-down Zelda doesn't appear on the 3DS.

P

pasc

Kingdom Hearts I and soon to be KH II

KH I is nearly finished, on its last legs so to say.

And wow: Am I hyped for KH II :)

Also:

Metroid Prime Trilogy, MP1 nearly finished.

Its hard to play both KH and MP they are both timeconsuming

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fallout New Vegas. Had a bit of problems getting used to the mediocre graphics, after Skyrim, but now I'm so addicted again. I love these sort of games, just love them
How would you compare it to skyrim? I was thinking of trying it out for the PC.
Well like I said, if you can get past the older engine/graphics, it's an excellent game. The gameplay is just very similar, ultimate freedom, looting all the stuff you want, shooting everyone you want, walking everywhere, no boundaries....
Different setting of course, I personally like the fantasy setting more, but others like this setting more (like Guild McCommunist IIRC). Just a matter of choice, but under all the graphical stuff, it's the same formula! If you liked Oblivion/Skryim/Fallout3, you'll like New Vegas.

I've installed some mods btw, to make the game look a lot better. Textures update was one of the first, and it really helped me get over the graphics. If you really want it, I can list all the mods I'm using atm, like always with Bethesda games, there are a shitload available.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played Cave Story, but I'm stuck at the multiple boss (king room/core/etc.), it's too hard for me.

I'm currently playing Luigi's Mansion for the first time, and I'm at the last boss (it's hard! spike balls don't always touch him).

I'm more and more curious about Skyrim too and would like to test it, but I didn't find any benchmark to run on my PC. (live benchmark, not website with CPU and card's names) Is there one?
Do I need Steam? I don't have an Xbox, but I prefer playing on console. someone will rent me his box?
Do I have to play Morrowind/Oblivion first? (I got Morrowind with my graphic card Nvidia 8800GS, but never played it).
I never played any Elder's Scroll.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently playing Streets Of Rage Remake, a fan game made by an indie developer.
The amount of work put in this remake is outstanding, it took them 8 years to finish the game!
They added new stages, new characters, and best of all... the remixed OST rocks! B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1