Which game are you playing through for the first time?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on and off playing the original Deus Ex. I installed the New Vision mod so it looks a little less shit but the game is still seriously dated. Also the save system is fucking annoying, I've lost so much time forgetting to save only to be randomly killed by some random guy.

I'm trying to get into Morrowind but the fucking MGSO mod is annoying to optimize and it ranges from nonexistent to lagging my computer to unplayability. My computer isn't godtier but it should be able to handle a few basic retextures.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well Yahtzee managed to make me get Painkiller and boy, is it a lot of fun.

I have a couple games started as well but those are in hiatus until summer break.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm playing multiple games at the time.
On the 3DS I'm playing Batman 2 DC Super Heroes, Pushmo, and Zen Pinball (both original and Marvel tables)
On the 360 I'm playing Limbo, Walking Dead, Need for speed the run, and also Zen Pinball (20 different tables).

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
3DS: Kingdom Hearts 3D
PC: Shoot Many Robots, Worms Reloaded, Terraria

Also purchased alot of games in the Steam sale, so going to be working through them over the next year decade.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get into Morrowind but the fucking MGSO mod is annoying to optimize and it ranges from nonexistent to lagging my computer to unplayability. My computer isn't godtier but it should be able to handle a few basic retextures.
Heh, I have the Xbox version and tried to get back into it...but the game's so ugly, much more compared to even the vanilla PC version. Muddy textures, bland lighting effects, dropping frames, ugh.

Anyways, try disabling the Morrowind Graphics Extender, disabling all the shadow settings, or changing to MGE 3.8.0b. It's not the textures that cause lag, it's usually the extra shader effects that MGE applies to the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I have the Xbox version and tried to get back into it...but the game's so ugly, much more compared to even the vanilla PC version. Muddy textures, bland lighting effects, dropping frames, ugh.

Anyways, try disabling the Morrowind Graphics Extender, disabling all the shadow settings, or changing to MGE 3.8.0b. It's not the textures that cause lag, it's usually the extra shader effects that MGE applies to the game.

I guess I could live with the textures at least. The interface for it is pretty damn clunky though. Feels like a mess to navigate compared to Skyrim. I mean I only paid $5 for it so if I don't get into it then it's no big loss but I'd at least like to give it a shot considering people still praise it over Oblivion (which I thought as kinda ass) and Skyrim (which I really enjoy).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I could live with the textures at least. The interface for it is pretty damn clunky though. Feels like a mess to navigate compared to Skyrim. I mean I only paid $5 for it so if I don't get into it then it's no big loss but I'd at least like to give it a shot considering people still praise it over Oblivion (which I thought as kinda ass) and Skyrim (which I really enjoy).
Well, a few tips:
1. Take your time with combat (hold your weapon back for a bit before swinging). This will give you a higher chance of actually hitting your opponent.
2. Limit your playstyle to what you chose in character creation. Avoid using weapons/spells that your character isn't proficient with (this is also to do with the "chance" mechanic)
3. Stamina is also really important for anything that relies on the "chance" mechanic (combat, spellcasting, alchemy, persuasion, etc).
4. Enemies don't follow you through doors.
The whole chance mechanic is probably the thing that most people complain about when playing Morrowind. If you can get past that, you'll enjoy it more.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger and Majora's mask for VC.
Skyward Sword Hero mode, just in the middle of the triforce dungeon.
And trying to beat all the cups and speeds in MK7.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorta like Guild i've had Deus Ex with all the graphic mods and Morrowind pimped the same on my steam.. Well i went so far in Deus Ex just pass Honk Kong and gave up. Too futuristic to my liking and i sure as hell tried for several days to get into it. Guess i'm really not a sci-fi and anticipation person, the UI and gameplay are seriously dated.. Better memory from the ps2 version i played back in the days i'l leave it at that.

Morrowind i got all set up and it's damn gorgeous but not in the mood to start a 100+ hours sink experience, so i just leave it idle on my installed list for now, and plan to play Sherlock Holmes, the Secret of the Silver Earing. :)

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I've been playing the Crysis 1&2, i never felt the want to play them when they got released, but made the purchase in the Steam Summer Sale and omg, what an excellent fps they both are.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
On Pc I'm playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, after that I'm going to play Force Unleashed 2.
On 3DS I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3D (and loving it!).
On PSP I'm playing FFII and on PSVita I'm playing Uncharted.

My schedule: Mo: PC, Tu: PSP, We: 3DS, Th: PSVita, Fr: 3DS, Sa: Pc, Su: whatever I feel like.
Aah, so many games, so little time... :D

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Playing Megaman Legends 2 for the first time.
:D I like it.
Planning on taking out the first three megaman games with The Wily Wars on the Genesis.
And finally, I'm Playing Bastion on the PC, which is amazingly awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Oop, gotta hide. :rofl2::shy: