Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly, Sonic Classic Collection is another game that has some extra stuff when booted into DSi mode. But as it stands, it seems that the guys that can actually dump the games with the DSi extras enabled are keeping it a secret. Which will undoubtedly slow the release of new DS(i) games to the scene, and also make it much slower to get re-dumps for games that do support these extras.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
codezer0 said:
Supposedly, Sonic Classic Collection is another game that has some extra stuff when booted into DSi mode. But as it stands, it seems that the guys that can actually dump the games with the DSi extras enabled are keeping it a secret. Which will undoubtedly slow the release of new DS(i) games to the scene, and also make it much slower to get re-dumps for games that do support these extras.

Actually they do dump with the tools they have. Usually just some 5 cent release group claims something is "DSi enhanced", even though they can't dump the whole cart. DSi enhanced dumps are around, but not all releases of a certain game are "clean" and "whole". Also dumping the DSi part supposedly isn't that easy. Needing some kind of hand made dumper isn't really that easy for the normal John Doe..

Also Sonic Classic Collection's intro for example runs at full speed with the DSi mode.

-Qtis

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Augh, this is getting hard for me to decide.

First and foremost, if I am going to pay money for another flashcart again, I want something that will work in a 3DS at the least, in the event that I upgrade to that down the line.

But after that, is basically on how well I can run some of these emulators. Again, I admit that I dig the extra hardware in the DStwo, but as I understand it, it also sucks some battery life... coupled with the 3DS's stock battery life being so poor already, just seems like it's asking to be in PSP territory with a DStwo. And how many games/apps will actually go into DSi mode with the Cyclo iEvo? Am I going to have to wait for rerips of games to get the added speed and functionality? Then again, discussion is moot if one can work in a 3DS, and the other doesn't.
tongue.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People thought some games were DSi-enhanced when they weren't because it had some of the same data as DSi-enhanced games, but later that was found to be the devs moving to Nintendo's newer devkit.

Emulation on the DS sucks. If you're looking to buy something for emulation, grab a PSP. The emulation on that is miles above what the DS can do, I don't even keep game system emulators on my DS anymore now that I have a PSP.

The iEvo does not currently have DSi-mode on the 3DS.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is something wring with this list.
"Bootloader updates" of R4iDSN should be "Y" , which is the same as that of R4i Gold.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
People thought some games were DSi-enhanced when they weren't because it had some of the same data as DSi-enhanced games, but later that was found to be the devs moving to Nintendo's newer devkit.

Emulation on the DS sucks. If you're looking to buy something for emulation, grab a PSP. The emulation on that is miles above what the DS can do, I don't even keep game system emulators on my DS anymore now that I have a PSP.

Well, nesds has it mostly cracked there. Though I agree that snes and genesis are hit-or-miss.

No point in a PSP now since you can't hack it anymore. About as useless as an OFW ps3 at this point.
hateps3.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Rydian said:
Funny isn't it, that info is old now :/Yeah, shit changes.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(codezer0 @ May 20 2011, 08:44 PM)
No point in a PSP now since you can't hack it anymore. About as useless as an OFW ps3 at this point.
hateps3.gif
Wait, what? More PSPs are hackable now more than ever.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
codezer0 said:
hateps3.gif
Wait, what? More PSPs are hackable now more than ever.
You can't hack a brand new one. The TOOL battery stopped working as of the 3000 series. And any you buy in the store now are sure to have pretty new OFW on them, which will make it a royal PITA to get them hacked now.

So unless things drastically changed, it's not like I can go to a store, buy a brand new PSP 3k series, and mod it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
You can't hack a brand new one. The TOOL battery stopped working as of the 3000 series. And any you buy in the store now are sure to have pretty new OFW on them, which will make it a royal PITA to get them hacked now.

So unless things drastically changed, it's not like I can go to a store, buy a brand new PSP 3k series, and mod it.
Things drastically changed.

6xhackable.gif

Assuming the firmware is 6.36 or below, that chart is true.

And yes, it IS saying that you can fully-hack a Go, because now you can.

http://gbatemp.net/f224-psp-hacking-homebrew

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... well, back to the topic.

Just now, before writing this, my DS lite's hinge has cracked, making it unable to hold itself steady.

With the replacement plan, I should have no problem exchanging it for another DS lite at no additional cost. Or I could put up some extra to upgrade to a DSi... or a 3DS.

Which leads me back to the question on which flashcart to get? A revised Acekard would be cheap... but would that really be the best way to go currently?

*EDIT*

Nevermind... finally broke down and bought a DStwo. At more than $10 cheaper than the iEvo, the dedicated hardware and the (apparently) better homebrew was more appealing, given that only a minority of games that I would be able to play would even be DSi-aware, to my knowledge.

eclipse22

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys
Sorry if it's off topic a little or if this has already been asked but,
Which flashcards work in DSi mode?
I have a 3DS so it also has to be able to work on that

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm stuck between an Acekard for cheapness, a supercard DSTWO for the homebrew, and the iEvo for the homebrew. So what is the major differences between them all?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really anything about the iEvo that makes it worth the extra money, either go for the Acekard 2i if you just want to play games and do basic homebrew, or get the DSTwo if you want real time saves, a GBA and SNES emulator, and some neat homebrew specific to it

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think me sometimes playing Pokemon Emerald and Super Mario RPG is worth the extra $20, given I can play both on my phone, I'm going with the Acekard2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped