Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The DSTwo needs less updates because it doesn't need to update for most games, it's got more advanced AP removal.
so basically its the best lol. yeah thanks for your help man ill probably get theDSTwo, why not get the best instead of upgrading later
smile.gif
, just got my DSi ( first handheld) an hour ago!

TNSweetPea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I have been reading the last little while and am still totally lost. Please forgive me if I am duplicating something. Here is my situation. My son has a DSi. He wants to play GBA games on it. Sounds plain and simple, right? Of course every website says something different and everyone has a different opinion. For this particular situation, what cart do I need? We have NEVER done any backups, roms, emulations or anything before, so you are talking to a country girl without a clue. At this point I am looking at the DSTwo. Thanks for anything you can do to assist. *SweetPea

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
TNSweetPea said:
Hi everyone. I have been reading the last little while and am still totally lost. Please forgive me if I am duplicating something. Here is my situation. My son has a DSi. He wants to play GBA games on it. Sounds plain and simple, right? Of course every website says something different and everyone has a different opinion. For this particular situation, what cart do I need? We have NEVER done any backups, roms, emulations or anything before, so you are talking to a country girl without a clue. At this point I am looking at the DSTwo. Thanks for anything you can do to assist. *SweetPea
The DSTwo.

GramercyComptoir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The DSTwo needs less updates because it doesn't need to update for most games, it's got more advanced AP removal.
Just picked up my Crimson DSL. So if I had to choose between the DSTwo and the AK2i based on playing newer games and overall firmware maintenance, which one would you recommend?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
GramercyComptoir said:
Rydian said:
Just picked up my Crimson DSL. So if I had to choose between the DSTwo and the AK2i based on playing newer games and overall firmware maintenance, which one would you recommend?
Well you can't be guaranteed that one will play games quicker than the other. Yeah the DSTwo's anti-AP options almost always play games first, but they have some drawbacks as they can disable cheats and all that stuff, while the Acekard might update a week before (the carts usually wait until there's a handful of games to fix and then update all at once) or something.

Both are decent choices, but the DSTwo usually has the edge.

Wacotix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'm looking for a flash cart that supports at least NDS and GBA games. Don't care about music or anything, but it would be a nice addition. any suggestion?
P.S. I'm really just getting one to play Pokemon rom hacks, hence the necessity of GBA and NDS roms.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'm looking for a flash cart that supports at least NDS and GBA games. Don't care about music or anything, but it would be a nice addition. any suggestion?
P.S. I'm really just getting one to play Pokemon rom hacks, hence the necessity of GBA and NDS roms.
The only slot-1 cart that plays GBA games on any DS model that I'd recommend is the DSTwo.

Wacotix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only slot-1 cart that plays GBA games on any DS model that I'd recommend is the DSTwo.
Thanks, this seems legit. $40 isn't too bad I guess.

GeauxTigers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking at the easiest way to replace my sons DSL...top screen went green tint and it's just plain getting old and worn out...

We have DSTT carts and hundreds of games on SDHC cards already formatted for DSTT play

My wife wants to get him a DSI or even a new DSL

a few questions...

1. Will a new DSL still take the DSTT or is there a newer software that would prevent the DSTTs carts from working in them...

2. Can the DSTT carts be made to work in the DSI...

3.If we switch to a DSI and get a newer cart like the supercard DS2 will his games saves be bale to be transferred to the new Cart?

ANY advice you could give me based on the scenario(s) above would be great!

Thanks,

GT

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1) DSTT will work on any DSlite
2) Can't be forced to work on a DSi if it doesn't already
3) Saves are transferable to all flashcarts (certain ones require converting, but most updated flashcarts can interchange without converting)...

GeauxTigers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) DSTT will work on any DSlite
2) Can't be forced to work on a DSi if it doesn't already
3) Saves are transferable to all flashcarts (certain ones require converting, but most updated flashcarts can interchange without converting)...

Thanks! so if we get him a DSi or XL then we should get him the DS2 which works on any DS

One last question...

Would it be as easy as just removing the DSTT firmware(TTmenu etc) from the MicroSD's and using/adding the DS2 program to them...we have like 20 Micro SD's loaded with games, saves and DSTT (tt menu and support)

Thanks,

GT

UmerPasha

Trophies
XP
Hello all,

I have had a cutoff from Nint handhelds since GB@ SP for which I was using an M3 card. Reading the posts here it appears M3 is kind of left behind.

Here is what I want to do and would appreciate any information:

I have a Nintendo 3DS. I want to be able to play DS games as well as GBA games. Would be even awesome if I can play GBC and GB games as well.

I would like to have the above without much fuss (Just copy the image on SD and turn it on) .

I hope there is no slowness in playing games or loss of sound or any problem like that running DS/GBA/GBC/GB games.

What do you suggest I will need for that? Will Supercard DSTWO be suffice for this?

Thanks.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCDSTWO is by far the best bet for what you want, but will not play all GBA games perfectly. With an emulator, GB, and GBC should be pretty well fine, so you're at 3/4 of the ones you want. And as far as the GBA emulation, it's decent.

Reactions: 2 people

UmerPasha

Trophies
XP
SCDSTWO is by far the best bet for what you want, but will not play all GBA games perfectly. With an emulator, GB, and GBC should be pretty well fine, so you're at 3/4 of the ones you want. And as far as the GBA emulation, it's decent.

Thank you so much for the reply. So are those emulators for retro gaming hard to find? can someone pm me details? ;) Also, can you tell me a ballpark figure of how many (25/50/75 percent) of GBA games work fine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey