Gaming What to do?

m-dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys i need some help, im new to the whole xbox360 modding and flashing scene, but im thinking about getting diffrent firmware on my 360.
I was just wondering if ixtreme 1.51 final is good enough becuase i can get a good deal on that, what im asking is if ixtreme 1.51 final can play all the back ups or are there some issues?
And can i still go onto xbox live or do i need to stay offline?

I realy hope someone can help me
unsure.gif

Thanks

m-dog

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only recommended drive to have 1.51 on it is the Hitachi ones. The recommended firmware for the rest of the drives is the 1.6.

So, the answer is it depends on the drive.

Also, why would you get a "deal" on 1.51? It's free online and every drive besides the 7850c one can be hacked without any extra material other than a standard SATA and using the 360 to power the drive (although it's not recommended).

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m-dog said:
Becuase i cant do it myself , i dont know how to.
And can i check what kind of drive i have?

The only sure way is you opening the 360. There are some minor ways like finding the manufacturing date of the 360 and/or look through the little hole after removing the face plate to find the color of the wire.

http://www.360drives.com/list

It still doesn't answer why you'd be getting charge by the type of firmware. Any business is doing that doesn't deserve costumers.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You mentioned Live.

Its all a matter of luck, check you games (game images upon downloading) with ABGX360, it will run a diagnosis, and it will scan weather your games are stealthed or not. Many people play backups on Live, but yet again there is still that small chance of M$ catching you, stealthed or not. Just don't play a dump before the release date and you should be 'okay' .

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Jiggah, or anyone else for that matter. Is there any good tutorials to help me flash xbox 360 drives to the new firmware? I'm on Ixtreme 1.5, does that make it easier?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updating is the same as flashing in the first place except for the fact that you should have your key now from your earlier flashing (remember the part in the tutorial which is said take a backup and copy it in several places, every good modder should send your key with the returned console too).

If you have not go the key you should still be able to flash it "normally" (it is not normally suggested but it is entirely possible).
Note to liteon 7 series users; if you flashed it your drive should have a "feature" to spit out the key (latest apps and all that) saving you the hassle of pulling it apart and using a probe.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't update it myself, I paid a modder to do it for me. He didn't give me the key.

The part I'm confused about is what type of cable do I need, can someone link me a pic or a description of the sata cable needed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Standard "internal" sata cable, here is a picture of the sata cable and the power cable used in all xboxes:
http://consolextras.com/images/360_sata&data.jpg
You probably have one in your machine already (most drives can be flashed with your PC booted from am external drive (USB drive or something)).

You will also need a compatible SATA chipset, it varies with drive a bit but generally VIA or later model Nvidia work (I can not recall series numbers right now). A VIA 6421 card is usually about ten of your local currency though so that is nothing drastic.

My apologies for not linking it first time around:
http://360mods.net/index.php?name=Download...tails&id=61

Good for the basics although many prefer Jungleflasher these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...