What title (existing or imaginary) could really test your resolution to stay on 3.0.0?

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cloudfe, Nov 11, 2017.

1. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    i love these jumping the gun threads
    theres no homebrew released for the switch yet bruv

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  2. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Might have not been that memorable for you if you can't remember the name of the game.

3. PaBo

PaBo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    3d *land...
    3d world however wasnt that exciting either...

the galaxies are where my heart lies. new super mario/luigi were good as well though.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh shit yeah! i have 0 clue why they abandoned the series after the absolutely marvellous GX on gamecube. i devoured that game and have been waiting for a revival ever since. i mean they still use a lot of assets from the series in other current games...

Last edited by PaBo, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Megadriver94

Megadriver94 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Oh, and Doom Switch version.

5. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    If we see PSO2 come to the platform, my Switch will always be up to date.

6. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I don't have a Switch, and if I did, I'd be updating it, but just for the hell of it I'll answer anyways.

Animal Crossing, or possibly Pokemon if it interested me enough.

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Too bad we probably will never see a western release at this point. I had an account but was banned.

8. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Apparently were getting a cloud based game on the Switch. Japan only of course. Much like that DQ game on the 3DS.

9. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    I honestly don't know how people are still excited about, say, Pokemon. "It's Sun, but now with 20% more ULTRA!" Yea, no. I'll save my $40 this time. If you get thrilled every time a slightly updated version of a game you like comes out, I'm happy for you. All I can think of is the scene where Mr. Smithers says "But she's got a new hat" at this point.

Besides, I want to play other games that came out on older systems. On the SNES, for example: Goof Troop, ActRaiser, SimCity, The Addams Family, Pocky & Rocky, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, NHL '94, and The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. If Nintendo is planning on updating any of those, let me know! Otherwise, I'm going to need Homebrew.

Finally, I know I could just play them on a Raspberry Pi. Everyone already knows. Everyone. I haven't been able to find an affordable portable solution, though. JXD seems to be slowly going out of business, and the only decent handheld with a big screen I've had has been a Tuvva Power Play GameTab: a system some random company popped out of nowhere, and has stopped selling indefinitely. Again, if you know of a great portable for fairly cheap, I'm interested.

10. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Super Metroid 2d or 3d remake.

11. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That's how it's always been. First party games don't ever change much, and never really have. The other "different" games you mentioned were third party, which also exist on current platforms and can be different. Your nostalgia is blinding you.

12. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    for me Yakuza Switch edition.

13. reminon

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    there are 3 switches on 3.0.0 where i work..ive got 2 that im getting, and they will both stay on 3.0.0.
    so far the upcoming release list on switch is lackluster at best. botw and mario kart are enough for me right now.

14. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    I'm aware that first party games don't change much. That's why I haven't updated my Switch. I am uninterested in first party games. I am uniterested in anything Nintendo comes out with at the moment. I don't know how I can be any clearer on that point.

I like the scare quotes used around the word different, though. Yea, because Super Mario Odyssey is exactly like NHL '94. I clearly have no idea what ""different"" means. Third party aside, they are still SNES games since they came out on the SNES and are playable on the SNES, which was my point about wanting to emulate SNES. Third party games do exist on other platforms, yes, but do those specific games? The games I actually want to play? And why do I care what's on the PS4 or XB1X if I want portability?

Apparently, my nostalgia has blinded me to liking old games. I guess I'm only supposed to like new, Nintendo approved games? Sadly, I like older ones, and I'm therefore blind. Oh, woe is me.

15. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    Pokémon

16. Eix

Eix GBAtemp's Best Christmas Waifu

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Vanilmirth
    Etrian Odyssey
    but if there was a Konosuba game i would update
    but that's only if I ever get a switch XD

17. SSQ

SSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    United States
    Yo mamma's house!
    Kingdom Hearts.

18. Arkangelshadow

Arkangelshadow Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    Mexico
    Imaginary: Diablo

Real: Pokemon / Smash

Megadriver94 likes this.
  19. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Castlevânia: Endless Night. With all selectionable champions from the séries and new ones. Unique style for each champion. Dual play to solve area, puzzles and bosses with another switch.
    But nintendo is not the same anymore. Nintendo is dying.

20. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Do you mean Konami? Because Castlevania is a Konami Franchise.

Megadriver94 likes this.