Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey I got a question, is there any downside to using non-legit cias apart from not being playable after a sysNAND update? Most of the games I've found say non-legit, only 2-3 games I want say legit?

Can you get banned online for non-legit cias?

Oh and btw what is a "decrypted" cia, or a "cryptofixed" cia, what's a signed or unsigned cia?
There should be a dictionary somewhere.

and can I install cias exclusively on emuNAND? And if so even legit ones? I'd rather not install absolutely anything on sysNAND.

Last edited by giorgoc89,

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Have you tried reading the first post of this thread?
Why yes I have.

As a complete newcomer to the scene how does this

What is a legit (clean/perfect) CIA?
A 'legit' CIA means that the signatures are valid.

enlighten me?

Does the post directly reply to my questions? If so, please consider me an idiot but do point me to the answers.

"Oh and btw what is a "decrypted" cia, or a "cryptofixed" cia, what's a signed or unsigned cia?"

"can I install cias exclusively on emuNAND? And if so even legit ones? I'd rather not install absolutely anything on sysNAND."

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Why yes I have.

As a complete newcomer to the scene how does this

enlighten me?

Does the post directly reply to my questions? If so, please consider me an idiot but do point me to the answers.

"Oh and btw what is a "decrypted" cia, or a "cryptofixed" cia, what's a signed or unsigned cia?"

"can I install cias exclusively on emuNAND? And if so even legit ones? I'd rather not install absolutely anything on sysNAND."
Your answer is in your quote

Legit means signatures are valid ie its signed
Non-legit means unsigned

Cryptofixed means its patched for lower firm versions

You can install cias exclusively to EMUNAND

Answers are already in this thread

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, bundled games DO transfer, by 'free' he meant pirated cias. A quick google would have told you this.
If legit games come from pre-installed games, and if System Transfer can tell the difference between a legit game and a pre-installed game, I wonder why Nintendo hasn't wiped legit games with a System Update.

Thx for responses, I didn't want to google, sorry.

257alex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Correct me if i am wrong.are you saying that universal cias work for any system without the need to install it first on cfw?if that is true the,if someon has put the folder of the game on th internet for download ,then everyone can playy it on their system?again,correct me if i am wrong.i need answers

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Correct me if i am wrong.are you saying that universal cias work for any system without the need to install it first on cfw?if that is true the,if someon has put the folder of the game on th internet for download ,then everyone can playy it on their system?again,correct me if i am wrong.i need answers
No. Read the first post. You need to install legit cias, like any cia, through a CFW

257alex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh and one more question.why do we call eshop games cias?i mean that the game is on a folder with a specific name and filee in it as well as a cmd file.

257alex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Again, read the first post. The files that you install are .cia files.
No they they are not.at least without the ending "cia".They are like tmd and stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont want to mean that you dont know or that i know better.believe me you know much more,i ask cause i am a total noob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1