Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
No they they are not.at least without the ending "cia".They are like tmd and stuff
Yes they are. Why the fuck are you asking a question and then arguing?

What you are talking about is installed content, the files that you install, be it a game, app or system title, come in .cia format.

The tmd and various files and folders are irrelevant as they only work for the console it was installed to.

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have a n3ds on 9.2, I have Gateway as well as pasta... What are my options on installing Legit Cias on the sysnand and launching the games with out the need of gateway/cfw?

Just install them with a via installer on the sysnand and that is it?

Psycho4913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use .cia files on a 3ds version 10.1 without a Gateway card? Pretty much just looking to use savegamefiler since something I read suggested that could be used to extract saves from games downloaded from the eshop. If so, can you explain how to do it?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use .cia files on a 3ds version 10.1 without a Gateway card? Pretty much just looking to use savegamefiler since something I read suggested that could be used to extract saves from games downloaded from the eshop. If so, can you explain how to do it?
No. Read the stickies. Jesus Christ.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

There's other save managers similar to savedatafiler that actually work on higher firmwares as well. They're homebrew and you can use them instead.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to lock the update on 3ds only with parental control? I don't want to lock internet use in other feature/game, just the update.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to lock the update on 3ds only with parental control? I don't want to lock internet use in other feature/game, just the update.

Best advice is to not let anyone use it who you don't trust to follow directions. That is the only safe way to never update.

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best advice is to not let anyone use it who you don't trust to follow directions. That is the only safe way to never update.

Use the tubehax dns. It's only block internet updates though, not the game ones.

Thanks for the advice.

I meant to post the question is the Noob Paradise section. Somehow entered this thread. Sorry. Mod please, if possible, please move my previous post to Noob Paradise. Thanks.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice.

I meant to post the question is the Noob Paradise section. Somehow entered this thread. Sorry. Mod please, if possible, please move my previous post to Noob Paradise. Thanks.

Actually to block cartridge updates is very easy. Use parental controls and set the rating limit to the lowest level. This will then eliminiate 99% of games which those 1% do not have higher than a 9.2 update on cartridge.

For internet updates do what the other person says and use the dns by smea for tubehax. I don't use it but from what that person says it will still allow online play for your games.

Reactions: tivu100

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
help needed, im trying to install a cia up for super smash bros. it showing install complete but when I open the game it still asking me to up date, when I turn off the game and turn it back on if I try to install the cia update it letting me do it but when I open the game it still asking to update... please help me, thanks in advance for your help :)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'll try it out.
In case you provided a wrong error and actually get the databas error:

Q: I'm getting a "DESCRIPTION_DATABASE_DOES_NOT_EXIST" / "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_DATABASE" error!
A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-