What Did You get For Xmas?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 450$, some clothes, some random gifts (Someone gave me some of those MyZone Headphones they advertise on TV lol), and enough candy to put an ordinary man into diabetic shock.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of stuff I didn't want (Mostly generic presets guys give girls, they don't relize I want electronics/gaming stuff for some reason, despite directly telling them), returned most of it. Changed my wifi only vita pre-order to a First Edition Bundle pre-order, also got Modnation Racers on preorder now.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I received:
  • A copy of GrimGrimoire from my brother.
  • A copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from my brother, but I may have to exchange it as it's got the problem with not being read.
  • A customized clear DS armor thingy from my brother. It looks like he cut some of the plastic out, melted and colored it, then put it all back together and let it dry. It's got my role playing character's head on the top, with my full name. On the bottom is a random image of an arrow to the knee.
  • A copy of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from my parents, but I will have to exchange it as it is the PS3 version they got me.
  • A fuzzy green blanket from my parents.
  • An IOU for something from Chell that isn't going to arrive for another few days (it's coming by mail and the sender was late in sending it, apparently).
  • A blue jean jacket from Chell.
  • A plaque with the definition of 'irony' on it from Chell. She admits that it's a joke present, however.
  • A box of old Windows 95/98 games from Chell. Of note are the games Rayman Forever, Myst, SimTheme Park, Galaga: Destination Earth, and a few generic pinball games.
  • A beautiful set of armlets from Alessa. I don't know how she got them, but they look like replicas of Skyward Sword Zelda's armlets. They look like they're made of some kind of moonstone.
  • Stocking stuffers from Alessa (she stocked everyone else's stockings this year).
  • A few cards from friends
  • A bouquet of violets and lilies and an invitation to a club about an hour away from a friend. Sadly, I had to decline the invitation to the club because I was going to spend the evening unwrapping presents with my family over video chat.

Reactions: 1 person

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received:
  • A copy of GrimGrimoire from my brother.
  • A copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from my brother, but I may have to exchange it as it's got the problem with not being read.
  • A customized clear DS armor thingy from my brother. It looks like he cut some of the plastic out, melted and colored it, then put it all back together and let it dry. It's got my role playing character's head on the top, with my full name. On the bottom is a random image of an arrow to the knee.
  • A copy of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from my parents, but I will have to exchange it as it is the PS3 version they got me.
  • A fuzzy green blanket from my parents.
  • An IOU for something from Chell that isn't going to arrive for another few days (it's coming by mail and the sender was late in sending it, apparently).
  • A blue jean jacket from Chell.
  • A plaque with the definition of 'irony' on it from Chell. She admits that it's a joke present, however.
  • A box of old Windows 95/98 games from Chell. Of note are the games Rayman Forever, Myst, SimTheme Park, Galaga: Destination Earth, and a few generic pinball games.
  • A beautiful set of armlets from Alessa. I don't know how she got them, but they look like replicas of Skyward Sword Zelda's armlets. They look like they're made of some kind of moonstone.
  • Stocking stuffers from Alessa (she stocked everyone else's stockings this year).
  • A few cards from friends
  • A bouquet of violets and lilies and an invitation to a club about an hour away from a friend. Sadly, I had to decline the invitation to the club because I was going to spend the evening unwrapping presents with my family over video chat.

@ "seller was late in sending it" : http://i.imgur.com/RWawQ.jpg < something I bought from woot. it arrived on time surprisingly though.

Btw who's Chell? I'm assuming your sister since if it was your mother you wouldn't user her 1st name & odds are you don't have a girlfriend considering you're on a video game forum.

--

I got a pair of speakers (in sphere shape!) from my bro

Candy, $20 and a calendar from my parents

a LotR Pez set (I didn't even know they made these! It was the last one acc. to my sister), from my sis & her family.

A Gold necklace also from my parents.. not sure why they got me this but it's pretty cool! It's real too I was with my mom when she bought it, she got one for my brother too.

--

The best part of Christmas this year for me was giving presents, I think I got everyone something they loved, I gave:

-My brother a set of golf balls with his companies logo (he works for my dad's company), a microSD to USB adapter (he kept borrowing mine), A Ski magazine (loves to ski), & a set of wine/bottle openers (loves to drink ;D)
-My sister a set of cooking utensils, they're normally over $100 but they were $25 shipped new on woot!
-My mom a set as well, she's already used them & said they're excellent :D
-My dad the complete series of Married with Children, (he loves the show) & a 200 pack of cd/dvd sleeves (he always needs these)
-My brother-in-law a huge machette (this thing is awesome, we were throwing fruit in the air & he'd slice through it, (RL Fruit Ninja!), this is a video of it slashing fruit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVLxmIRxCo&feature=player_embedded
-My other-brother a necklace, & bags of candy (my mom bought him an automatic candy dispenser for his office desk)
-Nephew #1 a video game system (the picture I linked at the beginning), he loves it
-Nephew #2 a Cowboy hat (he was jealous of the video game system, but he owns a DS & his brother doesn't)
-Nephew #3 (he lives with us, hasn't even gotten his presents yet!), a mini-airhockey table, a Spongebob mat-thingy, an M&M's bank filled with pennies! (He loves coins, everytime he sees them he squeals "Money!", he reminds me of Mr. Crabs haha :D.

All in all a fabulous Christmas!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@ "seller was late in sending it" : http://i.imgur.com/RWawQ.jpg < something I bought from woot. it arrived on time surprisingly though.

Apparently it's something from overseas that's being sent. Probably from China, if it's taking this long to get it.

Edit) Chell says she ordered it a bit late, so that's another factor.
Edit2) Chell also says that the place she ordered it from was swamped with orders, from what she got in reply after emailing them about it.

Btw who's Chell? I'm assuming your sister since if it was your mother you wouldn't user her 1st name & odds are you don't have a girlfriend considering you're on a video game forum.
Chell is one of my roommates. That's not her real name. For future reference, my other roommate is called Alessa (that's not her real name either).

Also, you're right that I don't have a girlfriend, since I'm not a lesbian.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got:
  • The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North
  • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
  • Dark Souls Limited Edition
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • And $60 for the PSN
So overall a good year

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A hoodie, a really thick hoodie jacket with fur inside, a pair of Sanjo limited edition shoes, lots of black chocolates (people know I don't like milk chocolate or white chocolate), Wacom Bamboo Pen (although I bought it around 2/3 weeks ago, it was still a present for Christmas from myself), Eau de Toilet's and After Shaves, some useless electronics I didn't need or already had, two boxes of condoms (my dad always gives me boxes on Christmas and my birthday even tho I don't use them... it's sad T_T), a new plush for my room, several books, a make up kit and some money. =3

Oh, and I forgot, there's also a long overcoat that goes down to the feet, but that had to be custom made by the shop, so it's still now ready. T_T

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a Kinect. I gave my son a Red 3ds, Mario Kart 7 (which we share), bey blades, a Wii(Mario Kart bundle) of his own for his room, and various other kid crap. I gave my wife a Kindle Fire.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got several clothes, 3 slippers, a new watch, a Mizuno backpack with lots of pockets, a perfume and i gave myself a Samsung Galaxy S II with MHL and USB OTG adapters, i haven't touched my iPhone 4 since then :P . Also got Mario Kart 7, but barely played it because i didn't have the time that Mario Kart deserves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise. +1